Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Movie character fantasy tournament

Chang Style Novice Guest

Movie character fantasy tournament

Here's how it works...set up a bracket of eight. People will vote on who will win each match. Winners progress until the finals. Winners will be determined by first to 5 votes, or most votes in 24 hours, whichever comes first.

Chang Style Novice Guest
    Captain Kirk vs. Mr. Spock

Luke Skywalker vs. Wong Fei Hong (Once Upon a Time in China series)

Neo (the one) vs. Blade, vampire hunter

Kevin Chan (Police Story series) vs. Mad Max

Note: this is not about the actors skills, nor the skills of the historical personalities. It's about the characters in the movies.

Xebsball Guest
    Mr. Spock
    Wong Fei Hong
    Neo
    Kevin Chan

-------------------------
    "Better have a chicken tomorrow than eggs today."

Chang Style Novice Guest
    Mr. Spock, no question. He's got the nerve pinches and psychic powers, plus alien strength and ears that could put out an eye in a grappling situation.

Luke Skywalker. Tough call, but he doesn't need to see bullets to intercept them with his lightsaber. Wong Fei Hong's 176 flying kicks in one leap are dope, but Luke could use his telekinesis to just let him hang in the air like a pinata. Who wants candy?

Blade, vampire hunter. A nice pigsticker, plus his vampire powers make him immune to bullets.

Kevin Chan. Too easy. Kevin takes out multiple opponents with aplomb; Mad Max nearly got taken out by a retard wearing a midget on his head.

Radhnoti Guest
    Kirk. The double handed neck strike has yet to fail him.
    Luke. He's got blasters and lightsabers, Wong Fei Hong was blown away by a fork. :rolleyes:
    Neo. He's got the whole "chosen" thing going on. And, really, Blade is just living in a computer simulation like the rest of us.
    Mad Max. He doesn't have to follow any rules like the cop does. In addition, I understand he's a great-great-great-great-etc. grandson of William Wallace and that was a BAD man.
    Chang, we only agreed on Skywalker...and that was no contest. I'd disagree now just on principal if I could think of a way to go about it. :D

-Radhnoti

HuangKaiVun Guest
    Conan the Barbarian vs. Conan the Destroyer.

Emperor Palpatine vs. Yoda

Anakin Skywalker vs. Obi Wan Kenobi

Mr. Miyagi vs. Sato (Karate Kid II)

Chong Li vs. Tong Po (Bloodsport vs. Kickboxer)

Batman/Robin vs. Kato/Green Hornet - AGAIN.

Cord vs. The Blind Man (Circle of Iron)

Jackie Chan vs. Jet Li (real life)

Chang Style Novice Guest
    Hey, whoah! Lets keep it to one match at a time, please!

Good matches, no doubt, but how we gonna keep track if there are two tourneys going on at once?

Fish of Fury Guest
    kirk is the man
    Wong Fei Hong...come on guys, he never even looks like losing (although luke does have that cool jedi robe)
    Neo
    Mad Max

_________________________ "I never drive faster than i can see...other than that...it's all in the reflexes" Jack Burton

Kiasyd Guest
    1-) Mr. Spock: Kirk would let his emotions come up.

2-) Wong Fei Hong: I don't know, Luke is kinda wu$$, now if it where Darth Vader, Obi wan, Qui-Gon Jinn or Darth Maul, it would be another history.

3-) Neo: He's the one, for christ sake!

4-) Mad Max: He's bad. He would be crippled, without his dog and car, but he would win :D

Funny thread this one :)

-- Kiasyd

Chang Style Novice Guest
    Score so far:

Spock leads Kirk 3-2

Wong Fei Hong leads Luke 3-2

Neo is whupping Blade 4-1 (What's wrong with you people? Neo's skills are all in his imagination!)

and Kevin Chan leads Mad Max 3-2

If no-one's reached 5 votes by noon, we should move on to the semis.

And Huang Kai Vun - since Conan logically can't fight himself, let me suggest you replace one of 'em with the Highlander dude or something.

JWTAYLOR Guest
    First of all, Conan THE KING, would whip all of their a$.

But I digress.

Kirk, because Spock is far too defensive.

Wong Fei Hung, because he'd learn the Jedi skills as soon as he'd seen them once. And because Luke's a whinny b!tch.

And Blade. Neo only has his powers in the virtual realm, and Blade will kill is pasty white a$$ is the really real world. And Neo has to die before he seems to understand what's going on anyway. That trick only works once.
    Mad Max. He doesn't know kung fu, but he knows crazy, and he'll use it. And he can find a weapon anywhere.

JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

Kiasyd Guest

matrix

Sure, neo only knows how to fight in his mind, but blade lives inside the matrix! :p

-- Kiasyd

Design Sifu Guest

funny

Kirk-- he would cheat if he had to.

Skywalker-- (assumeing we're talking about Return of the Jedi)Remember "Size does not matter look at me, Small I am but strong is the force in me . . ." or something to that effect. He could just exhaust WFH with his TK abilities, holding him in place, then when the time is right Nudge him into unconsciousness.

Neo-- in the matrix
    Blade-- anywhere else
    I guess we'll have to wait for their respective sequals. Until then I vote a tie!!!

Mad Max--- assuming Kevin Chan survives radiation poisioning, dehydration, sun burn . . . he would still hesitate killing. And then Lead pip to the N U T S :eek:

Chang Style Novice Guest

There goes round one -ding! Now round two...

Okay, I guess that was enough time to pick winners for the first elimination round.

Kirk edges past his first officer, 4-3
    Wong Fei Hong isn't falling for any Jedi mind tricks, defeating Luke Skywalker 5-2
    Neo drives a stake through Blade's heart, 4-2
    Mad Max bushwacks Kevin Chan 5-2

Semifinals

Captain James Tiberius Kirk vs. Shifu Wong Fei-Hong

and in the battle of the apocalyptic future saviors -

Thomas "Neo" Anderson vs. Officer "Mad" Max Rockatansk

Chang Style Novice Guest
    Man, did I vote for a bunch of losers in the first round. Reminds me of the last election - I WUZ ROBBED!!! Uh, back on topic:

Kirk vs. Wong:

Here's how I see it going down if they're anywhere close to one another when the fight starts. Wong Fei-Hong throws a punch, Kirk falls to the ground unconsious. Here's how I see it going down if Kirk starts on the Bridge of the Enterprise "I can't level early 20th century China with a wide sweep orbital phaser blast! Transport Wong Fei Hong to the bridge." (see scenario one)

result: Wong Fei Hong wins

Neo vs. Mad Max: Here's the only reasonable way I see this fight happening:

Mad Max stmbles across an overfed, underdeveloped man in the desert. He appears to have eaten the wrong cactus... "I know kung fu, man! I can dodge bullets! Watch out for the Program Agents, they could be anyone! Listen to me!" He then grabs Mad Max's shoulder and never hallucinates anything again.

winner: Mad Max

In a tournament situation, rather than a 'street fight' things would be even more lopsided