Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: The Official Food & Beer Thread*

Starting in on the habit of having a glass of red wine a day (entirely for the health benefits...uh huh ). We just picked some up today as our supply was out, and I am trying some Colorado Cellar "Eclipse" table wine. Very good, though very very sweet, almost like a port. I didn't even know we had wineries around here until a couple months ago, turns out Colorado's actually putting out some very good stuff. Who knew?

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

ttmft

getting ready to fix some good **** for dinner, will post recipe later

meanwhile, this was just too funny not to share...Bruisin Ales is my beer store

http://apollocreedtravels.com/advent...t-brusin-ales/
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

[beergeek]

the owner of Dogfish Head Brewery is in AVL for the weekend.

there was a tasting at my beer store last night and another event at a bar later tonight

met and chatted with him a short bit

i have a pic but for some reason, the upload thingie isn't opening...maybe later

[/beergeek]
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Asheville rocks for beer drinking, wish I could relocate. I need to get over there and visit Oso, will do soon.
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

I'll drink to this!

I didn't realize it was today and I just happen to be wearing my official Guinness shirt. It must be in my blood.
    Arthur's Day: Guinness Marks 250th Birthday
    12:02pm UK, Thursday September 24, 2009
    Vicki Hawthorne, Ireland correspondent

Guinness celebrates its 250th anniversary today, and although the Irish don't really need an excuse to raise a glass, Dublin will be in full swing honouring the company's founder.

Guinness storehouse gates at the St James's Gate brewing site, Dublin

Arthur Guinness signed a 9,000 year lease on the brewery in 1759

The world famous brewer of the "black stuff" is hosting a day of celebrations in Dublin to mark the day that Arthur Guinness signed the 9,000-year lease for his brewery in the city in 1759.

Drinkers of the dark pint are being encouraged to join a world toast to the man who started the company, and at 17:59 this evening everyone is being asked to say "cheers" with a pint.

Speaking on Jeff Randall Live, one of the most prominent members of the brewing dynasty, Jasmine Guinness, told of her pride in her family's contribution to Ireland's economy and society.

"I'm very proud to be a Guinness, obviously, because we've done a lot in 250 years.

"It never really meant much to me when I was younger but as I've gotten older I've realised how much we've done for Dublin and the Irish people as time's gone."

At the celebrations 60 musicians and singers including Tom Jones and Kasabian will be in Dublin to perform at a live music concert at the St James's Gate Brewery.

Cat Deeley and Ronan Keating will be hosting the festivities from the Brewery, as well as Colin Murray, Ed Byrne, model Michelle De Swarte and Michelle Doherty in the four studio venues.

There will also be a series of intimate gigs in more than 30 venues across Dublin, and others around the world.

The Black Eyed Peas are performing in Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia, with other events in New York, Cameroon and Lagos to mark the 250th anniversary.

A pint of Guinness

Pure genius ...

The advertising and branding surrounding the anniversary has gathered huge momentum with more than 6,000 people signing an online petition to make Arthur's Day an Irish national holiday.

The company is also using the celebration to launch the Arthur Guinness Fund as a tribute to the Guinness family's well known acts of philanthropy in Ireland.

Guinness says: "The aim of the fund is to enable and empower individuals with skills and opportunities to deliver a measured benefit to their communities".

Guinness & Co. will donate 6 million Euro (£5.4million) to the new fund.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Is this food and beer???

It's 55 percent and wrapped in roadkill, is this the world's most 'shocking' beer?
    Bodies of squirrels, weasels and a hare used to package ale costing $765 a bottle

Oh, my. Visions of Burns Supper just got scarry. Scottish beer packaged in road-kill served with hard-boiled haggis and and clooties...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

def odd...and PETA is probably none to happy with them...

but, FTR, BrewDog rocks as a brewery...I've had a half dozen or so of their beers and all are very good to great...i didn't much care for the 'smoked' beers they are aging in charred whiskey barrels...but, I don't like smoke flavor in my beer, others do apparently.

It's also amusing to me that a 'craft' brewer is using the same basic process that the major labels do in creating thier 'ice' beers to create this over-the-top ABV level.

We now have proof that Oso is so into his brews that he knows enough about the brewery to get passed the fact they made beer in dead animals... LOL!
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it...ya'll can feel free to chip in and buy me one of them...i do have a birthday coming up!

and, i do have my rep to uphold....
    Last edited by Oso; 07-23-2010 at 01:13 PM.

I am so using this form my new sig quote.

To bring it all on topic...

...luv it when it comes around to Kung Fu...
    It always comes back to Kung Fu.

Eagle Claw Fist Imperial Amber Ale
    Eagle Claw Fist utilizes the same Chico yeast that shaped Hoppy Feet and Brown Angel. Canadian Two Row, English Crystal, and a little English Black Patent malt provide a sweet, balanced backbone. Simcoe, Centennial, and Citra work together to create a unique hop assault, with an intense bitterness that manages to leave your palate in one piece and is harmonized by the flavors of tropical fruits and flowers. The finish is dry.

To quote Suzanne Schalow, of Cambridge Common, “This is your best beer.” Kate Baker, her coworker, said, “I think I might be in love.”

12 oz Four Packs: coming early March
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    ummmm.......

Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

PRC drinks more Bud than USA

China now drinks more Budweiser than the US
    16-Aug-2018 By Beth Newhart

Domestic beer consumption in the US has fallen over the last two decades while China’s interest in American beer has spiked. Budweiser sales finally flipped in China’s favor in the first half of 2018 and the trend is expected to continue.
    This buds for you = Zhège méngyá gěi nǐ
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips