Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Food & Beer Thread*

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by yu shan View Post
    Wait till Friday to drink a beer! You believe that and you will believe anything! Pretty much I read KFO at work in the am, all this talk about beers and food makes me crazy. Err, keep em coming. LOL, the hot sh*t burning the bad stuff away, sounds logical to me.

ok, i thought I misinterpretted that...I was like 'huh? Jim not drink during the week????'

alright, i'm out...these 10 hour days are killing me
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

i was trying to wait until saturday, but im sippin on a sammie smith taddy porter as i type.
    where's my beer?

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    slight hijack-sorta...
    years ago, The Bayou-the best and oldest Cajun Resterant on Long Island,(from which sprang Big Daddy's, Rattlesnake Jones,Gumbo Alley, and Nawlins) had a small paperbound cookbook written by the head chef, Jean Pierre, called,"Voodoo in the Kitchen." This 25 page booklet had their most legendary recipies, including,their Bayou seasoning, Gumbo, Sweet Loretta Shrimp, Steak from Hell,Ettoufee,jambalaya, and others. If anyone has a copy of this, could you please xerox a copy for me? It's no longer available, and my ex swears she's never seen it. (yeah, right)

I'm still working on the Cutter City stuff we bought this weekend.

TT: not a hijack at all...anything food or beer.

sounds like an awesome cookbook. there has to be an online community somewhere to hunt for it or request a copy.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Roast Pork

I cant give this a whole lot of time but here goes:

Boston Butt Pork Roast (size up to your appetite)
    Remove skin & fat (for the daring, you can fry or bake the skin, good with beers)
    Poke deep holes in the meat
    You will need these: adobo, sazon, sofrito
    Rub all of these all over the roast and into the holes. Also shove garlic gloves into the holes, many as you can stand.
    Note: Sofrito, there are many types, my wife makes her own.
    Sofrito containsnions,garlic,oregano,green peppers,recao,cilantro,ajicitos (peppers) combine in food processor.
    Cut up thick slices of vidalia onions (my addition)
    You will need a cooking bag (not a friggen crockpot)
    Place the onions in bag as sort of a bed for the roast to sit on.
    Lay the seasoned roast on the onions. Add some moisture to inside of bag, seal up cooking bag.
    Moisture= BEER or chicken broth.
    Cook at 425 for 1.5 hours, I prefer to cook slower for longer JMO. But wife cooks at 425.
    My fun twist is, fire up your grill and get her good and hot. When the roast is done, remove the roast from the cooking bag and place on your hot grill. Not for long though, just enough to put a nice crisp outside and only turn once. This is quick.
    We have our roast with of course rice and usually black beans cooked on the side. There are many sides my wife makes, I will come back to these later.
    Note, the aroma that will fill your home while this roast cooks in outragious.
    Another thing, have good cold beer on hand!
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

Greetings..

Worship HERE daily!!

http://beeradvocate.com/

Check-out the "Tastings and reviews"..

Be well..
    Last edited by TaiChiBob; 05-01-2008 at 07:27 AM.
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    Oso's Ginger Salmon

1 Slab o' Salmon
    Butter
    Olive oil
    Garlic
    Pepper
    Salt

the above can be whatever you have on hand but definitely get fresh ginger and slice it up thinnish and lay it over the salmon along with thinly sliced lemon

wrap that shiat up in some foil, throw it on the grille for a half hour or so and then throw it on a plate with some wild rice blend and some asparagus
    Oooo! that sounds good! *metally adds salmon to shopping list.
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

new rule: you must have actually at least TRIED to cook anything you post.

it doesn't matter if you succeed at it, you just have to try.

Okay you god **** nazi
    Bless you

Scott's healthy (somewhat healthy) wraps

Shredded Cheese (as desired)
    Fresh Avocado
    Spinach
    Ground Turkey
    Corn (removed from cobb)
    Salsa (I use generic, and it's really good)
    Rice (your choice)
    Whole Wheat Tortillas

Cook up the turkey, spinach, corn together and add the salsa towards the end. Have your rice already cooked.

Warm tortillas (preferrably in oven, microwave okay). Add rice and smach some of the avocado into it. Add turkey, salsa, ect....

Enjoy!
    Bless you

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    Shredded Cheese (as desired)
    Fresh Avocado
    Spinach
    Ground Turkey
    Corn (removed from cobb)
    Salsa (I use generic, and it's really good)
    Rice (your choice)
    Whole Wheat Tortillas

Cook up the turkey, spinach, corn together and add the salsa towards the end. Have your rice already cooked.

Warm tortillas (preferrably in oven, microwave okay). Add rice and smach some of the avocado into it. Add turkey, salsa, ect....

Enjoy!
    you eve tried pre-grilling the corn and then putting it in a little later? im gonna try that this weekend i think. my last final is tomorrow and ill finally have time to try things like this for a fewmonths.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity View Post
    you eve tried pre-grilling the corn and then putting it in a little later? im gonna try that this weekend i think. my last final is tomorrow and ill finally have time to try things like this for a fewmonths.
    grilling the corn is a great idea, that will definately improve the flavor!!!
    Bless you

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    grilling the corn is a great idea, that will definately improve the flavor!!!
    i actually went to krogers before work and got what i needed. after this im gonna try oso's wing recipe.
    where's my beer?

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    ok, ya got me thinkin..
    for all you grillers out there, it's high time to fire up that badboy-don'cha wanna be the first guy on the block whose backyard wafts bbq smoke into the neighborhood? You know the feeling. ok anyway check this out-

Lime grilled pork chops-real freakin easy and real freakin delicious

grab some pork chops,about 3/4 inch thick or so
    marinate in fresh squeezed lime juice-you'll need a lot of limes for this, cause you gotta cover the chops with lime juice-and fresh cracked (not ground!) peppercorns
    let it sit for an hour or more-overnight would be amazing
    throw'em on the grill and cook until just medium-not pink of course, but not well-done (if you like pork chops well done, dried out and hard,don't even bother with this. heck-don't even bother cooking)

that's it.
    crack open some caronas, throw some guac out there and chips, and the side dish of your choice. enjoy. The chops come out moist, juicy and tangy, and is great on those summer nights with friends.
    Afterwards, Fonseca triangulars and tawny port.

Here's a great easy salmon dish-for the oven
    slather the salmon with a sauce made from butter, lemon and mayonnaise.
    you will have to experiment as to how much-some like it rich (more mayo) some not.
    Bake as you would normally-again, do not overcook. Salmon is too good a fish to overcook and have dry and flaky. If you cook it just a bit more than sashimi, so it's not raw, of course, but still moist and meaty.

*the writer assumes no risk for you being stupid enough to eat undercooked pork or fish and end up exploding from both ends and dying a slow, yet meaningful death.

Quote Originally Posted by yu shan View Post
    I cant give this a whole lot of time but here goes:

Boston Butt Pork Roast (size up to your appetite)

{snip}

Note, the aroma that will fill your home while this roast cooks in outragious.
    Another thing, have good cold beer on hand!
    DUDE! that sounds amazing! Tell the lady I'm gonna try it sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    ok, ya got me thinkin..
    for all you grillers out there, it's high time to fire up that badboy-don'cha wanna be the first guy on the block whose backyard wafts bbq smoke into the neighborhood? You know the feeling. ok anyway check this out-.
    who stops grilling out in the winter?

i'll grille year round, granted, less in the winter but usually a couple times a month.

that recipe sounds awesome as well.