Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lone Wolf And Cub

HuangKaiVun Guest

Lone Wolf And Cub

Who has read this graphic novel?

I have read the 1st 4 books, and I think they're awesome.

beiquan Guest
    i've read the first two. really dope...

Anthroman Guest
    If you like the comic you should check out the movies, really cool stuff.

HuangKaiVun Guest
    Where could I get my hands on the movies?

7starmantis Guest
    I'm not sure how available the movies are for purchase, but I'm sure alot of the big retail sites have them. I have a small import video rental store in my area that carries them for rental.

You should know the movies are not called Lone Wolf & Cub. The series was called the 'Sword of Vengence' series and the volumes I have seen are:
    "Shogun Assassin", "Lightning Swords of Death", "Baby Cart in Peril", and "Baby Cart in the Land of Demons". In Japan, there are 5 movies in the series, but "Shogun Assassin" is a combination (with some editing) of the first 2 Japanese ones which was released for the US. The last one was probably the best of the series, but all are worth watching. The actor who plays Itto Ogami in all of the series is Tomisaburo Wakayama. The films were made in the early to mid 1970's in Japan by Katsu Productions.

'Adversity is a mirror that reveals one's true self'

Anthroman Guest
    Here's a link for a place where you can buy the videos on the web:
    http://www.animeigo.com/Samurai/

Son_Goku Guest
    I've read the first one, and i thought it was very well put together. I haven't read it in the new English translation, though i hear that is very well translated. Quite close, as well.

Fear.....Fear attracts the fearful.....The strong....the weak....the innocent....
    Fear is my ally

HuangKaiVun Guest
    At this point, I've read 1 through 7 but not 6.

Favorite story: "Headless Sakon" (Book 3)

Design Sifu Guest

Dark Horse

Dark Horse publishing is collecting about 13 volumes of the whole Lone Wolf & Cub series.

Their translations are some of the best as well as their production quality. With Cover art by Frank Millar (for any of you who know him) and a $10 price makes it worth adding to one's library.

I'd get them if I didn't already have the individual issues . . .still . . . hmmmm :rolleyes:

good stuff!

Design Sifu Guest

Dark Horse

Dark Horse publishing is collecting about 13 volumes of the whole Lone Wolf & Cub series.

Their translations are some of the best as well as their production quality. With Cover art by Frank Millar (for any of you who know him) and a $10 price makes it worth adding to one's library.

I'd get them if I didn't already have the individual issues . . .still . . . hmmmm :rolleyes:

good stuff!

HuangKaiVun Guest
    I'm up to #7 now.

Ogami Itto is getting tougher, especially due to his "gift" from Silent Shichirobei.

He utterly wiped out Yagyu Gunbei and Asaemon the Decapitator, killed off virtually the entire Kurokawa group, and escaped dosa-go-yo.

I can't wait until Itto fights Retsudo.

We all know that Retsudo's Shin'in sword is no match for Itto's "throwing the sword away on the first pass" meifumado technique - the move that took out Gunbei, Asaemon, and his toughest opponent thus far, Headless Sakon.

HuangKaiVun Guest
    Ah, #8 is the Kurokuwa Demolition Derby!

Interesting "origin" of Yagyu Gunbei. Retsudo is one BAD DUDE.

greyseal Guest

cool stuff

Lone Wolf and Cub is very cool. I read the original english translations back inthe 80's. Anyone out there ever read Blade of the Immortal? It's about a ronin who had these 'bloodworms' in him that keep him alive no matter what kind of injury he sustains. His curse,i.e., the worms, will only disappear after he has slain 1,000 evil men. It's pretty wild. I think it's also published by dark horse.

HuangKaiVun Guest
    "Blade of the Immortal" is too psychotic and rambling for me.

The Yagyu are getting cut down bit by bit, and they're coming out more and more. Doubtless this was Ogami Itto's intention.

Actually the one guy that would've killed Ogami Itto was Genishichi Gobo, master of the "Sajinrai" (Book 4).

Too bad his father cut him down right before he was going to take Itto's head.

Black_Talon Guest
    Oh man I got to get those I love anything dealing with Samurai!

------------------
    Some may boast of prowess bold,
    Of the school they think so grand,
    But there's a Spirit, can ne'er be told,
    It's the Spirit of Aggieland

------------------
    ------------------
    UT Unlimited, your premier mapping site!
    Ace82@unrealism.com
    UT Unlimited