Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10 Reasons why cops are different.

Two really dumb arse ideas came out of the 1800's. Communism and police.

Quote Originally Posted by AJM View Post
    Two really dumb arse ideas came out of the 1800's. Communism and police.
    Freedom of speech too.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Picky people....
    MRS. KELLERMAN(s) IS THAT YOU???!!
    (hmmm, I gues I'll have to convert to Mormon...)
    wtf-no pic!

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    MRS. KELLERMAN(s) IS THAT YOU???!!
    (hmmm, I gues I'll have to convert to Mormon...)
    wtf-no pic!
    LOL !
    Since you are dreaming:
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

To me this read like:

Ten excuses why cops:

are racist
    are violent
    beat their wives or children
    feel the need to carry a gun everywhere...even in church
    Of course it does.

why not give these guys a nod of respect? they might have signed up for the job and there might be bad apples in every bunch ... but that doesn't change the fact that these guys signed up for the role of putting themselves at risk for the benifit and safety of society. because they chose to protect society they got some extra **** on their plates.

that said i think the article would read better as 10 stressors a cop must cope with. while it doesn't implicitly deny it, it doesnt take into account that people have varying degrees of dealing with stress. there are plenty of non-cynical cops with good family lives.
    where's my beer?

Cops deserve respect.

At least, the one's not in my area.

A vast majority are "on the take," getting regular pay from local and inter-state drug dealers. Everyone knows it, but most of us are afraid to say it. At a local "town hall" meeting of sheriff candidates for the next election, one of the prospective sheriff guys stood up and said "I won't deal drugs, take payment from drug dealers, or let them run our streets." The newspaper tore his ass up. A few days later, his car disappeared from in front of his house. Hasn't been seen since, though his family and he are fine.

I sold cell phones for several years, a lot of prepaid phones to known drug dealers. They would talk, openly, in the store, about "having to stop by *the sherrif's* to get their good-boy papers.

Heck, I was having an affair with a cop's friend's wife, and about three months after we broke it off, he starts calling me, telling me he's gonna beat my and my youngest brother (who he knows has Down Syndrome) into a bloody mess of ****. I file a complaint, and the detective who takes my statement says, "you don't do that. You deserve everything you've got coming to you." I go to file a restraining order, it takes it two months to become active.

That was a year ago. I STILL get pulled over by a few county cops, they all say "makin' sure you're staying on the straight and narrow." They say this while looking inside my car, "checking for open containers or married women, stuff like that. BTW, *blank* says hi." Seriously.

So, for those police officers who are good at their job, and don't abuse their power, kudos, and thank you. You deserve more than you get. For those that actively use their position for illegal activities and general acting of *******ness, I hope your life sucks more than seems possible, you worthless pieces of ****.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

I have a big problem with that article, particularly regarding how it 'affects the officer's children'. A friend of mine, more like a brother, has a cop for a dad. I've known him since i was 5 and essentially grew up with him. His house is a place that i have always been welcomed, his father always has a smile on his face and is genuinely happy to see me and my family. Also, my friend and his brother are some of the most sociable guys i have ever met. I think the article would be more aptly titled '10 stressors a cop can face'.

And Vash where do you live? Just wanna know so i can stay away/never **** off the cops there ever.
    Everyone's favorite wooden dummy

"All over people thinking martial arts is for making sexy body. That one is a wrong. Martial art is for making sexy mind and sexy spirit"- Master Po
    http://www.greencloud.net

Don't be a victim. Be the dominant turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash View Post
    Heck, I was having an affair with a cop's friend's wife, and about three months after we broke it off, he starts calling me, telling me he's gonna beat my and my youngest brother (who he knows has Down Syndrome) into a bloody mess of ****. I file a complaint, and the detective who takes my statement says, "you don't do that. You deserve everything you've got coming to you." I go to file a restraining order, it takes it two months to become active.
    The problem I have with this is the cop is sticking his nose into business where it does not belong. Had I'd been his "Friend" I would have told him to mind his own dam business.

That said, I would have no problem with the husband just beating the living hell out of you. Sorry but that's just not cool. There are too many available women out there.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    That said, I would have no problem with the husband just beating the living hell out of you. Sorry but that's just not cool. There are too many available women out there.
    I understand. I don't agree, but I understand. It's not like a stole a head of his cattle, I was friends with his wife, then it escalated to romance. It should be telling he was completely unaware of this for six months, while it was completely public. He was far more concerned about his image than his marriage, though.

To get back on topic - the article was mistitled, and dirty cops suck.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Sorry Vash, I hate to come down on somebody I don`t know,but anyonewho messes around with someone who`s married is a scumbag.....as well as an idiot. You`re lucky, the graveyard is full of men and women who made that choice. (And note I didn`t say "mistake" I said choice. You talk about the friendship blossoming into a romance like it was something you wathced from the sidelines and you had no control over. Even if you don`t own up to it with others be honest with your self.)

Cops as humans are the same as everyone else. You're human, they're human and that's that. Some people tend to separate themselves from society by forming their own little society themselves. Cops seem to do this everywhere. But so do firemen and electricians and tradesmen of different trades and crafts.

They do a service for the communities they work for.

I know a few cops, they are ok people by me. I don't see them as any different from anyone else.
    Kung Fu is good for you.