Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: so i almost met the RZA today ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mook Jong View Post
    Can we all agree though, St. Anger is arguably the worst thing to hit the metal community since the death of Randy Rhodes?
    lol I thought it was the best album they have created in over a decade.
    its raw, its real... not bull**** polished radio friendly crap.

I used to work in my Sifu's supply store. A few of Wu Tang came in a few times, including RZA, UGod, GZA, and ODB. As well as a bunch of other guys on their label like some of Gravediggaz and Sons of Man, I think, or it may have just been some rando relatives or people they knew. It was a little before their first album dropped and then a time after. They were funny. I remember I put an item on hold for one of them and asked for a name, and he said "just put God on it". I just thought, well, that's not too pompous. But after talking a little, they were all really cool. Anyway.

A few weeks ago...

...I spoke on a panel about Martial Arts as a path to non-violence with RZA. See my post on our Hip Hop Chess Federation thread.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by monji112000 View Post
    lol I thought it was the best album they have created in over a decade.
    its raw, its real... not bull**** polished radio friendly crap.
    I thought it was terrible, actually almost got slapped by a guy in a record store for jokingly suggesting my friend buy the album. Have you heard any of the new stuff? no album yet (i think, i don't keep up on metallica that well) just stuff they've been playing at concerts. I'll try and find the youtube vid of it, it's abysmal
    Everyone's favorite wooden dummy

"All over people thinking martial arts is for making sexy body. That one is a wrong. Martial art is for making sexy mind and sexy spirit"- Master Po
    http://www.greencloud.net

Don't be a victim. Be the dominant turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Mook Jong View Post
    I thought it was terrible, actually almost got slapped by a guy in a record store for jokingly suggesting my friend buy the album. Have you heard any of the new stuff? no album yet (i think, i don't keep up on metallica that well) just stuff they've been playing at concerts. I'll try and find the youtube vid of it, it's abysmal
    honestly all the people that started liking them from the "black album"(and later) hate that CD..
    allot of the other people don't. Its not a clean, shinny studio album.. its not really "metal"... but its good stuff.

I have not heard any of the "new album". I'll give it a chance out of respect for Trujillo.

I bomb atomically, Socrates philosophies
    and hypotheses can't define how i be droppin' these
    mockeries, lyrically performed armed robberies,
    flee with the lottery,
    possibly they spotted me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQfVt...eature=related
    no matter how many times the ball bounces, there's still no bones in ice cream...

found that metallica vid

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU
    Everyone's favorite wooden dummy

"All over people thinking martial arts is for making sexy body. That one is a wrong. Martial art is for making sexy mind and sexy spirit"- Master Po
    http://www.greencloud.net

Don't be a victim. Be the dominant turkey.

Slightly OT

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart