Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: so i almost met the RZA today ...

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post

They were carrying on the legacy of Mercyful Fate. People hated 'em because they became popular after the Black Album, which had more radio-worthy songs than the earlier albums (even though all the songs on the earlier albums are quality, excepting Kill Em All). If there's one thing I despise in music fandom, it's how everyone likes the fringe groups, but turns on them when they become popular. For some reason, when a person's kid sister starts to listen to a group he/she once considered "anti-establishment", that person says "they sold out". When, in reality, it is the person that has sold out to an image of themselves as that fringe group rocker. Same thing happened to Nirvana. Same thing happened to Phil Collins.

It's a shame, really.
    ok, now that was funny.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    have you heard the first album ?

or is it just a general dislike for all hip hop?
    were you alive when they came out with the first album?
    Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    so you havent heard enter the 36 chambers??
    lol thats ashame

and yeah i was going to say
    claiming a liking for hip hop and not liking the wu tang clan is like liking metal and not liking metallica
    I HATE metallica.
    WTF are you retarded? 99% of metal fans hate metallica..

They were carrying on the legacy of Mercyful Fate. People hated 'em because they became popular after the Black Album, which had more radio-worthy songs than the earlier albums (even though all the songs on the earlier albums are quality, excepting Kill Em All).
    first off Kill em all was the best album they produced. It was the most thrash, the most raw.
    Second off people didn't start hating them that much with the black album. Everyone started hating them when they started suing the fans that got them were they are. They seem to forget how they became popular (bootleg tapes).
    Metallica is a group of old losers (other than the new bassist he is cool as hell). James sounds the gayest he has ever sounded. Not that I have a problem with being gay, I just don't want to hear a metal song with a gay sounding man. I love priest, and I don't care if Rob is gay.
    Last edited by monji112000; 05-03-2008 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    sanjuro: give the 36 Chambers a listen at least once.

I've never heard the RZA speak in any non music instance where he didn't sound like an idiot though....
    36 = classic...... i think u missed alot in translation...... rza is an intellegent dude.... he just doesn't sound like maybe u would want him to.... maybe.....
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

Few years back on some shaolin forum, RZA came on in defense (I think of Shi Yang Ming), and basically made such a twat of himself. Every second word he typed was some kind of street slang profanity.

I wonder if I can still find the link to that
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Quote Originally Posted by monji112000 View Post
    were you alive when they came out with the first album?
    no i dont think so

does it matter??
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Few years back on some shaolin forum, RZA came on in defense (I think of Shi Yang Ming), and basically made such a twat of himself. Every second word he typed was some kind of street slang profanity.

would be good

and yeah i dont care about his MA views i just love the music

Am I old?

What the hell is RZA?

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    What the hell is RZA?
    he's from the wu tang clan

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post

and.......
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

People hated 'em because they became popular after the Black Album, which had more radio-worthy songs than the earlier albums ...
    I hated them because they dumbed it down. I really, really liked ... And Justice For All from a technical perspective. It was really interesting and IMHO at their musical peak, full of interesting half beats and tempo changes. It just didn't do it for me like their earlier stuff, nothing to do with jumping on a bandwagon. And I kind of resented them because obviously they had the ability but they seemed to be repressing it to be more accessible. I didn't even mind their ballady stuff if they wanted to do that, like One and Fade To Black. Those songs had wider public appeal than their average song. But to dumb down their bread and butter type songs, the ones that had built their following, meh. They lost me.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

Can we all agree though, St. Anger is arguably the worst thing to hit the metal community since the death of Randy Rhodes?
    Everyone's favorite wooden dummy

"All over people thinking martial arts is for making sexy body. That one is a wrong. Martial art is for making sexy mind and sexy spirit"- Master Po
    http://www.greencloud.net

Don't be a victim. Be the dominant turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Suntzu View Post
    and.......
    ... nothing. He just came accross as a total a$$. some mioght even say internet troll.

just thought i could ad somehting to an already pointless topic
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Quote Originally Posted by Mook Jong View Post
    Can we all agree though, St. Anger is arguably the worst thing to hit the metal community since the death of Randy Rhodes?
    yes. st. anger, garage inc, reload and load, were so awful i almost spiked my ipod like i just scored the game winning touchdown int he superbowl. someone gave me the albums for free bc i stopped listening to them after the black album. but as i get older i become more open minded to things and figured i would try to appreciate their latter day music and try not to compare it to the earlier stuff. i have thrown those cds away. how did they go from albums like kill em all, ride the lightning and master of puppets to this crap. they covered a bob seager song for ef's sake. anyway, in my mind they broke up shortly after ...and justice due to creative differences and then the record company released the black album by compiling b sides. whether it is the truth or not is irrelevant bc that is how i am choosing to see it. its truthiness at its finest.