View Poll Results: Do you hit stuff and do forms?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I do forms and all other types of conditioning and hard contact fighting.

30 90.91%
  • No, I just do forms

3 9.09%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Do you hit stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    I agree with you on everything but that...
    If a guy is blowing my elbow out with super powerful punches, i'll start slapping it to protect my joints.
    I'm not saying I'll reach for it, to the contrary I'll retract the pad and pop it as it's about to hit the target, but i'll definitely put some velocity/momentum on it to protect my joints.
    I hold focus mitts very much like you do. I push back a split second before impact to give it some resistance. That's how my instructor taught us to hold mitts. We are also taught to push back when holding Thai pads as well.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    I agree with you on everything but that...
    If a guy is blowing my elbow out with super powerful punches, i'll start slapping it to protect my joints.
    I'm not saying I'll reach for it, to the contrary I'll retract the pad and pop it as it's about to hit the target, but i'll definitely put some velocity/momentum on it to protect my joints.
    yeah, I agree on that too.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

It's good to hit the punches as they come in. Makes you have to hit harder to try and go through the target.

That said, I don't hit anything.

It hits all by itself.
    A unique snowflake

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    I hold focus mitts very much like you do. I push back a split second before impact to give it some resistance. That's how my instructor taught us to hold mitts. We are also taught to push back when holding Thai pads as well.
    same here

thats how i was taught.

but no abel knows better
    Last edited by golden arhat; 05-08-2008 at 01:51 PM. Reason: total awesomeness
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    but no abel knows better
    Cause we all saw his haymaker-only standup.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Cause we all saw his haymaker-only standup.
    lol that video was actually laughable

tho your performance wasnt too good either

i hope youve improved for next time(assumin there is one)

hahaha

i hope youve improved for next time(assumin there is one)
    I was not the one who fought SifuExcuses. That was Anthony.

SifuExcuses is coming for me sometime, whenever, maybe, if, could......

My standup is light years ahead of SifuExcuses, even though my ground game is my strength.

I was not the one who fought SifuExcuses. That was Anthony.

SifuExcuses is coming for me sometime, whenever, maybe, if, could......

My standup is light years ahead of SifuExcuses, even though my ground game is my strength.
    oh my mistake

got confused there fore a second

was still funny to watch what forms have done to improve is fighting ability XD

well, Mr. retarded version of Dieter, I wish I was able to do form work for my bout. I would have done much better.

Lets see your pathetic ass get in a ring and not look like a male prostitute in front of "the crazyhorse".

Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel View Post
    well, Mr. retarded version of Dieter, I wish I was able to do form work for my bout. I would have done much better.

Lets see your pathetic ass get in a ring and not look like a male prostitute in front of "the crazyhorse".
    ummm i've posted a vid of me fighting before
    and tho my wrestling was slightly terrible

my performance was much better than yours.

and tho my wrestling was slightly terrible

You're just begging to be e-challenged aren't you?

He has a full plate for 2008, but he might be able to squeeze you in for 2009.

I guess you didn't tap out to an Ear Grind.

I guess you didn't tap out to an Ear Grind.
    no unlike some people i actually won

no unlike some people i actually won
    So you won using the Ear Grind!

So you won using the Ear Grind!
    haha well it just ended up with the guy on top of me and then the camera timed out

but i knocked him about a bit lol