Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT – My 7 year old son had to deal with a 45 caliber against his head

OT – My 7 year old son had to deal with a 45 caliber against his head

This topic has nothing to do with anything on KFMF, but as some of you guys are good and close friends, I thought I’d use this space to rant a little.

I was in China the last 3 weeks on a san shou training course with the Chinese Wushu Association. On Friday the 12th of April, I received a call from my wife, telling me that my son was involved in a armed robbery. Heres the story:

My friend lives in my hood, basically just behind me in the street behind me. That Friday night, my wife and his wife went out for some coffee, while my friend looked after his two kids and my son. Around 8.30pm, he went outside to get something out of his garage, and he walked straight into a 45 caliber pistol. He then saw three other men jumping over his wall, all armed. The first thing they asked was were are the woman – rape and hate crimes are on the order of the day now. When he then said they arent there, they beat him up, and went into the house where they found my 7 year old son, my friends 13 year old son and his 10 year old daughter. Long story short, these animals then assaulted my son and held the pistol against his head, while they kept on saying they are going to kill him. My son is only 7.

The ransacked the house, but didn’t steal anything. One of the guys started arguing with the other one as to whether or not they must kill them, and apparently one of them refused. At that moment the other one punched him, and a shot went off. They realized that they don’t have time, and then ran away. My son was safe, which Im grateful for.

My son is no the same anymore. Its been a few weeks now, but at night he gets very nervous, and hasn’t slept in his own room since then. Its pretty bad on a small child.

Last Friday night, we had some friends over who stayed pretty late. At one point around 2.30 am we heard the dogs barking and I went out the investigate. I saw two young males walking down the road, and while I was watching them (they couldn’t see me), they tried to jump another neighbour’s wall. I then shouted at them, while my wife called the cops. They ran away, but as they probably thought I was armed.

Next day I discovered that the house they tried to enter that night is occupied by an elderly couple.

I’m so sick and tired of life down here, and the biggest problem is that there are still people in our country and our government who hides all this from the rest of the world. They also pretend that non of this ever happen, but if you follow local news agencies, you will realize that there are similar reports of such incidents in every single newspaper, every single day. Its an urban war, and the crimes are Hate crimes.

I’m not trying to get political support from any of you guys, I just want to tell people how bad things are down here.

We are leaving this country, and I have been spending the last few days since I got back working on various options to leave. This point it seems that the most probable place for me to go is either China or Hong Kong, as I can find jobs there for now, but ultimately I wouldn’t mind living in a first world, balanced and safe country like Australia, NZ, UK or Germany.

Anyways…. Thanks for taking the time to read this rant. I just want others to feel our pain, I don’t need sympathy, I just want people to see the truth. Our government is hiding all these things from the rest of the world.
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    This topic has nothing to do with anything on KFMF, but as some of you guys are good and close friends, I thought I’d use this space to rant a little.

I was in China the last 3 weeks on a san shou training course with the Chinese Wushu Association. On Friday the 12th of April, I received a call from my wife, telling me that my son was involved in a armed robbery. Heres the story:

My friend lives in my hood, basically just behind me in the street behind me. That Friday night, my wife and his wife went out for some coffee, while my friend looked after his two kids and my son. Around 8.30pm, he went outside to get something out of his garage, and he walked straight into a 45 caliber pistol. He then saw three other men jumping over his wall, all armed. The first thing they asked was were are the woman – rape and hate crimes are on the order of the day now. When he then said they arent there, they beat him up, and went into the house where they found my 7 year old son, my friends 13 year old son and his 10 year old daughter. Long story short, these animals then assaulted my son and held the pistol against his head, while they kept on saying they are going to kill him. My son is only 7.

The ransacked the house, but didn’t steal anything. One of the guys started arguing with the other one as to whether or not they must kill them, and apparently one of them refused. At that moment the other one punched him, and a shot went off. They realized that they don’t have time, and then ran away. My son was safe, which Im grateful for.

My son is no the same anymore. Its been a few weeks now, but at night he gets very nervous, and hasn’t slept in his own room since then. Its pretty bad on a small child.

Last Friday night, we had some friends over who stayed pretty late. At one point around 2.30 am we heard the dogs barking and I went out the investigate. I saw two young males walking down the road, and while I was watching them (they couldn’t see me), they tried to jump another neighbour’s wall. I then shouted at them, while my wife called the cops. They ran away, but as they probably thought I was armed.

Next day I discovered that the house they tried to enter that night is occupied by an elderly couple.

I’m so sick and tired of life down here, and the biggest problem is that there are still people in our country and our government who hides all this from the rest of the world. They also pretend that non of this ever happen, but if you follow local news agencies, you will realize that there are similar reports of such incidents in every single newspaper, every single day. Its an urban war, and the crimes are Hate crimes.

I’m not trying to get political support from any of you guys, I just want to tell people how bad things are down here.

We are leaving this country, and I have been spending the last few days since I got back working on various options to leave. This point it seems that the most probable place for me to go is either China or Hong Kong, as I can find jobs there for now, but ultimately I wouldn’t mind living in a first world, balanced and safe country like Australia, NZ, UK or Germany.

Anyways…. Thanks for taking the time to read this rant. I just want others to feel our pain, I don’t need sympathy, I just want people to see the truth. Our government is hiding all these things from the rest of the world.
    Good luck with your move man

I would suggest NZ, south island. It's beautiful!
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

but ultimately I wouldn’t mind living in a first world, balanced and safe country like Australia, NZ, UK or Germany.
    USA didnt make that list? I went for my evening stroll with my 7 year old daughter yesterday, made it 3 steps and realized I felt a little light. went back too holster my beretta...(I live in a good neighborhood but you cant be to careful) Take your family and move immediatley. No job's worth risking your family. I'd live in a box if it meant I would hug my kids every night.

Dude, I feel for you, I really do.
    A friend of mine and his family were victims of a home invasion a few years ago, luckly the cops got there quick (silent alarm) and one of the invaders was actually shot on their property.
    His family was never the same, though they are getting better.
    Hang in there and give the little all he needs.
    It pains me to see one so young lose so much innocence.
    I really feel for your family.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

..that is crazy a$$ shiit man. Sorry to hear this. I agree..time to pack the family and make roots elsewhere.

nospam

Sifu Chow Keung helped me arange a posible job for my wife in HK. She will be leaving for HK next tuesday for a job interview. If that works out, we will be moving there. If not, I'll be moving to Wuhan, as I already established some good working contacts there.

I didnt post the USA, not because I dont see it as a good country, but only because its nearly impossible to get a green card (or whatever you guys have). Truth be told, if ever I could move to the USA, I'd definatly want to live in Florida.
    得 心 應 手

I could see that too Eddie re: Florida. Also consider the Prairies of Canada..very much like Flo-rider...after the hit of 'lude kicks in

Plus we could mix up our CLF and become one big 'ol happy Chan Family!

nospam

happy chan family!!

well my friend (whos house this all happened) is moving to Canada. I just dont have any idea how to go about to get a working permit to move to canada. I dont have allot of money, so I need to go somewhere where little can take me a long way.

Canada is also one of the prefered locations for South Africans who move away.

The word in our country (unofficial) is that 20 000 persons are leaving the country per month. Apparently the official immegration stats are that more than 800 000 south africans has left the country during the last 5 years.
    得 心 應 手

happy chan family!!

well my friend (whos house this all happened) is moving to Canada. I just dont have any idea how to go about to get a working permit to move to canada. I dont have allot of money, so I need to go somewhere where little can take me a long way.

Canada is also one of the prefered locations for South Africans who move away.

The word in our country (unofficial) is that 20 000 persons are leaving the country per month. Apparently the official immegration stats are that more than 800 000 south africans has left the country during the last 5 years.
    I worked with buddy from Uganda in a warehouse his name was dan...I asked him will there ever be a day without war in Africa

****ing guy looked me in the eye and laughed. i asked, why are you laughing, and he told me that there will always be war because someone has to make the guns and someone has to make the water...this didn't make sence to me. He said "peeps are not going to stop making the guns just to make water" and then we went to lunch.

eddie, what is your take on this question and response, and what do you see happenning in Africa in the next twenty years?. i know little...in the life book on africa published in 1959 the country looks healthy...come the 80's you had unicef save ethiopia and all the warlords fought for control after the whites gave africa back to the generals...I hear they have rampant aids, muslem slavery in the sudan...I imagine ethiopia is still starving or at least places close to it are still mad dezert.

Now that you're leaving, what's your take on the climate?

excuse the typos

James

I live in South Africa, so I really dont have much insight into places like uganda and ethiopia.

Our country was build by Dutch, British and French settlers in just over 350 years.

My political views has changed a fair amount over the last few years, as we are constantly struggling with crime.

As for the climate, South Africa has the best weather in the world. Its autumn/ winter now, but its sunny, hot with a cool but fresh breeze. The sky is BLUE and clean and there are white clouds scattered around (in China you never see the blue sky). Even in the cities, we live very close to nature, and most South Africans are out doors people. This is something I would miss most of this place.

But, the political instability, the CRIME, the economy and the constant threat of becoming a victim of hate crime, is more than enough to keep me focused on leaving.
    得 心 應 手

The sky is BLUE and clean and there are white clouds scattered around (in China you never see the blue sky).
    In ALL of China, you never see a blue sky ?
    Dude...
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Eddie:

Move and move fast.

Best of luck.

Lance

hey ed, i glad to see your son wasnt hurt. i hope he feels better soon. i'd send him some more ninja stuff if i could wow that sucks, possibly moving to HK and having to train more with Sifu Chow Keung hehe

eddie
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    In ALL of China, you never see a blue sky ?
    Dude...

I saw lots of blue sky in China (and lots of 'not' as well).