Thread: Dit Da Jow recipe

Gum Gong Guest

Dit Da Jow recipe

Does anyone know of any one who can make herb recipes.I was given the dit da jow recipe of our school but can't find all of the herbs to make it.Thanks.

Jon Moore

5fistboxing Guest

Dit Da Jow

I have a huge insite for you on your request for Dit Da Jow. I have studied a lot with chinese medicine and have over 4 gallons of Dit for sale also. I know that there are a lot of reciepies out there for Dit. I am sure that you will have issues of trying to find your herbs I may be able to help you in your search.

Please feel free to email me at
    wingchun_5@hotmail.com

Chris

Retired Taoist Guest

Try Here

Here some recipes, and they sell some herbs, maybe you could ask them.

Dim Dam Doum

davies Guest

Dit

normaly wouldn't the recipie only be handed down to a teachers best student on his death bed???.
    Something is amiss, to say the least it should raise money for your school!.

Remember not to drink it, lol.

only use after conditioning, that is what you should be using it for?, i presume.

-Kane

yik-wah-tik Guest

dit da jow`

hey,

i am a clf practitioner and the dit da jow we have has been passed down from professor who learned them from master yuen hai who was a direct student under jeong hung sing.

i have heard some dit da recipies have to ferment to be effective. but my sigung jew leong still makes the same recipie. he once told me that professor lau bun would sell his dit da jow to master ed parker for $500 a gallon. and he bought it! today i can get it for 70 bucks a gallon. it has very thick sediment and the liquid is forever dark. it is really good though. i once put a hickey on my girlfriends neck and it naturally took about a week to disappear. but when i did it again i used the dit da jow and it went away in 2 days.

if i may ask, what is the base of dit da jow mostly used by ma practitioners on this forum?
    my sigung uses vinegar.

fran

"graceful staff flies above like a dragon wiggling it's tail-strong fist releases out like a tiger raising its head"

Kung Lek Guest
    There are a very large variety of external bruise medicines and bone setting medicines. Dit Da jow, or iron hit wine has hundreds of different variations with fundamental base herbs within.

Generally, the base is alcohol, usually rice wine, sometimes straight grain alcohol and of course vinegar.

There are also Oil based Jows. But these are more ounguents and salves than they are liniments.
    The alcohol and vinegar based are liniments used to heal bruises by preventing blood stasis and keeping blood flow to the damaged are flowing strongly. Thus the hematoma is reduced greatly and no internal scar tissue remains to cause you problems later in life when you age and experience cellular breakdown and the return to the earth.

Some of the older jows state that bone is required as an ingredient. Nowadays this is not required as calcium, kerratin and pottasium can be attained through other non-animal sources.

As for the secretiveness of sifus regarding "their" recipes, this probably has to do with all the people that used to sell jow much the way stores sell different types of aspirin.
    An especially good jow could bring you a lot of money.

So, Sears doesn't tell J.C Penny their business now do they? :D

But lately, more people have been a little more altruistic about martial arts and all the things that come along with the practice. the Shaolin way is to teach one to heal as well as to destroy and thereby instilling balance in the practitioner.

The old saying is "If you can break someones arm, then you should be able to fix it too".

If all you are learning to do is the fighting aspects of a martial art, you are only getting half the lessons in other words. Especially in context to Shaolin training in Shaolin Rooted Styles.

peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links

Quote Originally Posted by Gum Gong View Post
    Does anyone know of any one who can make herb recipes.I was given the dit da jow recipe of our school but can't find all of the herbs to make it.Thanks.

Jon Moore
    You mind sharing this recipe with me?

Please contact me at missingfingers@gmail.com

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gum Gong View Post

Jon Moore
    [B]Dale Dugas would be a good starting point...he's one of the most knowledgeable teachers regarding dit da jow on these forums. Also look in the Chinatown areas of large cities.
    TT[B]

Quote Originally Posted by missingfingers View Post
    You mind sharing this recipe with me?

Please contact me at missingfingers@gmail.com

Thanks!

Hi,

Gum Gong doesn't post here anymore and the only way to get instructions for the jow he mentioned is through training. There are alot of jows on the open market you can try out like others have mentioned.
    "Don't think,
    just train"

Hello,
    I have had really good experiences getting herbs from-
    http://www.plumdragonherbs.com/

and from-
    http://www.ancientway.com/

Take care,
    Matt
    People often choose the comfort of known misery
    to the discomfort of unfamiliar uncertainty -Unknown

Dit Da Jow Recipe

I use cheap dark rum and it works great. I let my recipe sit in a cool dark place, tightly sealed, for 6 months. I had no problem filling the recipe at the herb store in Chinatown. Is there a Chinatown near where you live?

One has to be careful with going to any herb store in your local Chinatown as they might be importing herbs that not only are full of pesticides and other nasty chemicals but could be full of heavy metals.

There seems to be a lack of quality control on the mainland and it creeps into other sectors of certain businesses. I would suggest making sure that the herbs you are getting are tested by an outside source.

Kamwo Herbs in NYC goes out of their way to get cleaner herbs and tests them as well.

There are others are well.

FYI.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

making jow

Do you mind sharing it with me ... I enjoy looking at different formulas .... their are plenty of people that can help you ..... Mukei