Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police Do It Again

Police Do It Again

What happened in Philly is just disgraceful. 14 cops beating the hell out of three black men for no reason.

I have a feeling this is going to be an interesting summer. We had cops shoot a unarmed black man 50 times and they call it justifiable. Now they yank three black men out of a car and almost kill them. The pot is simmering. I think one more incident will be all it takes for some Rodney King type of violence.

I think those cops in Philly just made life a lot more difficult for cops everywhere else in the country....
    Bless you

What exactly did the Rodney king riots accomplish?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

free tvs for everyone. duh

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    What exactly did the Rodney king riots accomplish?
    I think a better question is:

What exactly did the viscious beating of a black man by cops accomplish?

The punks had just shot some people over a drug deal gone bad, plus three cops have been killed in the past year. Guess it made them a little ornery....but then again, why should white cops care about black on black violence....? rolleyes:
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

"Police stopped the suspects' car while investigating a triple shooting Monday night. No weapons were found in the car or on the suspects, Ramsey said, but officers said they had seen them shoot three people on a drug corner moments earlier."

WOW, I really want these cops heads!!!!

Are you people serious?

Quote Originally Posted by TaichiMantis View Post
    The punks had just shot some people......
    Yeah right.......Let's just say given the source of this information I think I will withhold judgement until I get an unbaised view of what happened.

Let's remember these guys were suppose to be involved in a high speed chase but the video showed the car maybe doing 20 MHP and coasting to the side of the road.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post

Ah, no, the original question is far more crucial since YOU were the one that brought it up.

I think one more incident will be all it takes for some Rodney King type of violence.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Link to the story?
    Everyone's favorite wooden dummy

"All over people thinking martial arts is for making sexy body. That one is a wrong. Martial art is for making sexy mind and sexy spirit"- Master Po
    http://www.greencloud.net

Don't be a victim. Be the dominant turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post

Well, considering some of the cops involved were black I'd say it accomplished NOT being racist, so you should leave race out of it.....

The beating went too far, it was unexcusable and stupid of the cops to do that.... BUT...... it was not a bunch of white cops beating black guys, it was a mixed group of cops beating criminals (who happened to be black).
    Bless you

Many of the people most guilty for discrimination against blacks are the so-called black cops. Just because they have a dark skin color does not mean they can't be racist against the black community. These cops left the black community long ago.

Beating criminals? Where was the court room? I saw nothing that would indicate these citizens were "criminals". All I saw was a car of scared young people pulled over by the police and then having the hell beat out of them.

Finally there is no "but" here. These attacks were not justified in any way.

Umm... by that logic can't some of the white cops be part of the black community, if it's something that can be consciously abandoned? or is it that cops and the black community don't mix. At all. Ever.
    Everyone's favorite wooden dummy

"All over people thinking martial arts is for making sexy body. That one is a wrong. Martial art is for making sexy mind and sexy spirit"- Master Po
    http://www.greencloud.net

Don't be a victim. Be the dominant turkey.

These cops left the black community long ago.
    Translation....they turned into "Uncle Tom's"

"I saw nothing that would indicate these citizens were "criminals". All I saw was a car of scared young people pulled over by the police and then having the hell beat out of them."

-All you saw was the stop and the beating. You didn't see what preceded it. Therefore you do not have the full perspective of the situation. Now I'm not saying for a second that the officers handled the situation properly. It was a complete clusterfukk melee and no matter what the circumstances were preceding the incident, there's no way some of the officers' actions will be considered legally justifiable.

But let's not lose sight of the fact that officers supposedly just witnessed these guys shoot several people on a street corner. Granted none of us have the full details and none of us were there, I'd be inclined to believe that the officers involved were all certain that these guys had just shot people, which would explain why they reacted so extremely. You obviously are more inclined to believe that a dozen Ku Klux Klan inspired officers of different races randomly chose a car of churchgoing African American choirboys so they could pull them over, bumrush them, and hang them from a tree. Well thats your opinion, and you're an idiot. Nothing I can say will change that level of stupidity.

It was completely unprofessional and stupid of the officers to totally lose control of themselves and let a dynamic arrest degenerate into a mob fiasco. ANd its even more inexcusable that the sergeant on scene didn't try to stabilize the situation. But if those suspects did indeed just commit a shooting, then I can completely sympathize with those officers' feelings even if there's no way I can condone their actions and execution. They were too shortsighted and emotional. In the long run, all they did was jeopardize their careers, and publicly embarass their department. On top of that, they probably just handed three a$$holes millions of dollars (that they'll win in the inevitable lawsuit to follow)... all for the sake of giving their suspects a couple extra bruises.
    Last edited by DragonzRage; 05-08-2008 at 02:46 PM.