Thread: want to start a shuai jiao club in new york

want to start a shuai jiao club in new york

Hi i will be returning to new york in late june after spending two years in Beijing. The goverment is kicking everyone out for the olimpics. I have been doing Beijing style Shuai Jiao with some of the best down here and would like to start a club in nyc to share what i have learned as well as remember and practice before returning. If anyone is in the area and interested. As well as any school owners who might be interested in hosting a class please let me know.

Wiz Cool,

Glad your coming back to the US...now I can get those vids I owe you...thanks once again for the jackets!

Check out Jeng Hsing Pings school in NY www.shuaijiao.net when you get there...he has students who've competed in China and Taiwan. They usually get to the Great Lakes Kung Fu Tournament in Cleveland, OH in April also to compete. You can see one of his students if you go to youtube type in shuai chiao and search for a poster by the name of masterfujin....he has some good clips on there.

SW
    Last edited by stonewarrior67; 05-12-2008 at 06:47 PM. Reason: me dumby

Correction

Hey Guys just wanted to set the record straight , Jeng Hsing Ping has long retired (circa mid 90's). His only school was the Five Tigers school on Duane Street back in the 70's. After that school he taught out of his home at Hon Ning on the Lower East Side of NYC. He allowed two of his students, Dai Sihing: Gonzalo Hernandez Jr. and James Man Chin to teach at an Eldridge Street community center durring the 80's and later he allowed James Man Chin to teach at Fort Totten and other locations. The link: www.shuaijiao.net is for a class run by James Man Chin's students. I feel You may be dissapointed if you expect to find Master Jeng teaching there regularly.

Wiz Cool, good luck in starting a class I really enjoyed what little I've seen of the Beijing style and Im sure there are many that would want to learn it.
    Last edited by Mr. C; 05-13-2008 at 04:35 PM.
    Train, Train, Train

Thanks guys. I tried to open the site now but it wouldn't open. I will try again later. I might be able to get a visa if I come back to the states with an invitation from a company. my goal is to stay two more years and then come back and open a school. See what happens but thanks for the support. Stone I have some nice new videos I will try and get them up this weekend.

From what I unerstand Master Jeng stops by the school on occasion. Mr C were you a student under him? Very, very nice man! "You keel me....I keel you". I attended a few special seminars him and Jr put on...they were great!

Get those vids up Wiz and shoot me your address when your in the states.

SW

Stone, Yes I am a student of his. Are you a student of Chicoine sifu? At one point it seemed Sifu and Gonzalo were going to Ohio yearly to give seminars on Chin na and Shuai Jiao. Did you ever see his Timen Gong?
    Last edited by Mr. C; 05-14-2008 at 07:08 PM.
    Train, Train, Train

Timen Gong? You'll have to clue me in. Yes, I'm a student of GM Chicoines and yes we loved it when both of them would come to our school. I heard Jr moved to Florida...if you have any contact with him send him our warmest regards from HoChuns greatful students.
    GM Chicoine always said that GM Chang treated GM Jeng Hsing Ping differently than his other students, as in better or in higher regard than the others. That speaks volumes.
    SW

One of these guys is in new york, he's training at Renzo's (or so I heard), but has substancial shuai jiao experience, you may want to check them out!
    Bless you

Stone, Timen Gong was Jeng's groundfighting, a sub art of sorts in the broader spectrum of chinese wrestling. It is not formally a part of Shuai Jiao (the throwing art) or Chinna (the grappling art) but equally blends elements of both. Jr. and my senior Patrice were tops at this. Jr. was always pleased to have worked with you guys in Ohio and spoke often to us about how strong Master Chicoine's guys were. Thanks for speaking well about my Sifu and please send our regards to your teacher and classmates from the Shuai Jiao family in New York.
    Last edited by Mr. C; 05-14-2008 at 07:08 PM.
    Train, Train, Train

No I never saw his ground fighting but I bet it rocks! Hey, I left you a message on your public profile. Drop me a line when you can.
    Sw

shuai jiao schools

Hey bodhitree, the guy from that website is Yun Zhang and he's currently in Pittsburgh and doesn't really teach Shuaijiao anymore. If you guys are looking for schools in your area there is a decent list at this link.
    Editor and Publisher
    ShuaijiaoNation.com

Quote Originally Posted by sjnation View Post
    Hey bodhitree, the guy from that website is Yun Zhang and he's currently in Pittsburgh and doesn't really teach Shuaijiao anymore. If you guys are looking for schools in your area there is a decent list at this link.
    I know master Zhang doesn't teach shuai jiao anymore, but his top disciple, Strider Clark lives in New York, I'm not sure if he's teaching or not?
    Bless you

That would interesting, I'm not sure if he does or doesn't anymore either.
    Editor and Publisher
    ShuaijiaoNation.com