Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The whole China shakes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzVamNQzfYA

some glowing sighted 10 min before the quake.

You Know

The Kharma was well timed after the recent protests in Tibet and the Chinese government's abuse and tyranny against the protesters there.

FREE TIBET

ps. i love China and its people and i was shocked at the damage of this earthquake and the lives it took, but the government needs to wake the F' up and start being more democratic and give the Tibetans back their sovereignty. Like Tibet is a threat to anyone They are Buddhists.

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNmnaPVo5SI

can't find a good clip, but this would do.

Panda Xi Xi was missing, after a boulder hit the fence in the big quake. panic pandas were running away.

Some team crews spotted him and tried to bring him home, however, it ran away again into the woods.

--

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2...nt_6710090.htm
    Last edited by SPJ; 05-26-2008 at 05:31 PM.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/photo/2...nt_6701224.htm

moments of silence.

as 1.3 billion people mourned the loss of lives.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/photo/2...nt_6698195.htm

rescue and relief effort.

Jackie Chan singing "we do not separate life or death".

The fuwa prophesy

Perhaps blowing the dam in Beichuan will be the sturgeon, but if the prophesy is to be fulfilled, it will happen on one of the following dates: 5/30, 6/2, 6/11, 6/20, 7/1 or 7/10. Some one please check my math.

TWS: Did you protest U.S. out of Iraq during the Katrina disaster? And what makes you think Buddhists can't be threatening? Ever read Zen at War?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Agreed that it is not over yet.

or more shakes are coming.

a new epic center found inside Shann Xi.

--

with 0.52 million houses collapsed.

the real question is that how do we build quake proof or quake resistant houses.

--

military rush orders are placed on all tent manufacture factories inside China.

tents are needed for 3 million homeless people.

--

Gene

its the inevitability of Human Drama that we cannot escape.

I was protesting the US out of Iraq when it first started. When Katrina Hit there were many who said that Katrina was New Orleans "Kharma" for becoming what it had become. I merely bring up the interesting "coincidence" of that earthquake that hit two weeks after the protests in Tibet.

Sure we can just say that it was merely an earthquake and thats that, or it was merely a couple of really big hurricanes that hit the gulf coast. Or that we merely had two planes that were hijacked by terrorists and flown into the world trade centers. We can look at it in black and white or Grey. I tend to look at the "color" of the picture and yes black and white and grey are parts of the "big picture", but the "Color" is far more interesting and alluring.

And as for Buddhists being threatening, I focus on Tibet itself and who would be running that country had the Communists and Mao had not just decided to invade that country and "liberate it" just like WE did in Iraq. You read any of the Dali Llamas books? Hardly seems like a threatening dictator,if you ask me. Oh and Tibet is NOT Japan,Gene

PEACE,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Thumbs up

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/bizchin...nt_6717686.htm

making tents around the clock or 24/7.

---

The Willow Sword

Not only have I read some of the Dalai Lama's books, I can also spell his title correctly. I've also heard him speak and have the utmost respect for H.H. However, you do know that H.H. was a slave owner, yes? The Lama system was a slave-owning dictatorship. There were and are rebels in Tibet, and not just the chicoms.

But to get back on topic - let's see what happens this Friday. Will Bèibei, the sturgeon, arise?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I can also spell his title correctly. nit picking are we Gene?

you do know that H.H. was a slave owner, yes? The Lama system was a slave-owning dictatorship.
    I love the past tense. It tells me that the future is becoming a more evolved one,hehe sort of. But replacing a ONCE slave owning dictatorship with a communist dictatorship is not a very good trade off, if you ask me.

So not allowing Tibet to be its own sovereign nation causes plate tectonics?

No Andy, Im saying that Kharma is a very mysterious and sometimes powerful thing, manifesting itself in all forms, yes even plate techtonics.

How midieval to think that human sin causes natural events

Well its modern times now and MANY people still think that way,christian,jew muslim alike, even buddhist Hindu, Taoist, Pagan etc etc.
    Its all connected and all related.
    Havent you People ever Watched "I "Heart" Huckabees"?

That Movie changed my life,,,,,,,,,,,,the shuttle has landed.

Peace,TWS

It was tension between two tectonic plates, not "karma". You can be assured that every couple of years there will be a "big one" somewhere.

Your argument is horribly flawed, especially since Hitler went disaster-free while killing millions. Same with Darfur. I guess "karma" was taking a nap, eh?
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

TWS is Sharon Stone!!

Outrage in China after Stone says earthquake may be due to 'bad karma'
    By Guy Adams in Los Angeles and Clifford Coonan in Beijing
    Thursday, 29 May 2008

Sharon Stone is facing an escalating consumer boycott from cinema-goers in China, one of Hollywood's most important export markets, after saying the earthquake that has killed at least 70,000 people could be caused by "bad karma."

In an outburst that may prove more provocative than even the infamous leg-crossing scene in Basic Instinct, the 50-year-old actress told reporters that this month's natural disaster, which made millions homeless, may be the result of the Chinese government's policy on Tibet.

Amid growing fury over the comments, which were made on the red carpet at Cannes last week but have since reached a worldwide audience on YouTube, the founder of one of China's biggest cinema chains said yesterday that his company would no longer show her films in its theatres.

Ng See-Yuen, founder of the cinema chain UWE and chairman of the Federation of Hong Kong Filmmakers, described Stone's remarks as "inappropriate" and said actors should not bring personal politics to bear on a humanitarian crisis.

The Chinese PR company for Christian Dior, with whom Ms Stone has a lucrative modelling contract, has distanced itself from her comments, while yesterday's Beijing Times reported that department stores have removed advertising bearing her image.

At the heart of the row is an interview Stone gave to a TV reporter. "I am not happy about the way the Chinese are treating the Tibetans," she said, when asked about her Buddhist faith. "Then I have been concerned about 'how shall we deal with the Olympics?' because they are not being nice to the Dalai Lama, who is a good friend of mine. And then this earthquake and all this stuff happened and I thought, 'Is that karma, when you're not nice that the bad things happen to you?'"

Although representatives for Stone, 50, were not returning calls yesterday, supporters pointed out that later in the interview, the actress conceded that her hardline attitude had softened after she received a letter from The Tibetan Foundation asking her to go and help quake victims.

Stone's remarks have provoked widespread outrage on the internet, with Chinese citizens posting web responses to Stone. Although actors making colourful remarks on the red carpet is nothing new in Hollywood, industry experts say Stone's comments may prove to be particularly ill-judged, given that she currently has at least four films in production. "To speak plain English, you don't want to **** off several billion people," said Steven Gaydos, executive editor of the Hollywood newspaper Variety.

Back in China, meanwhile, the challenges keep on coming for the thousands of soldiers and other relief workers trying to help the five million people displaced by the 7.9-magnitude quake.

So acute is the problem that China has even asked the Japanese army for help, the first time Japanese soldiers have been deployed in China since the Second World War.

Yesterday, relief workers evacuated 150,000 people living near the perilous Tangjiashan "quake lake" because of fears the reservoir could burst its banks.
    Don't get me wrong, TWS. Obviously China's relationship with Tibet is troubled. We actually had a little protest at our benefit. And I'm happy to engage the Tibet debate elsewhere. I just find it really inappropriate on this quake thread. Firstly, the karma argument betrays a fundamental lack of understanding of Buddhism and karma. The Dalai Lama has not made such statements. He reacted appropriately with condolences and prayer. Karma may be seen as an instrument of justice, but it's on such a cosmic level that we seldom bear witness to the cause and effect. The 1st of Bodhidharma's 4 practices is to suffer injury and injustice. This is because a practitioner might be the recipient of some past karmic transgression from eons ago. It's a useful tool in coping with tragedy. Looking at karma from that lens, it serves as a reconciliatory device, not a vehicle of divine justice. But on a deeper level, for anyone to say that the tens of thousands of innocents in Sichaun are getting what they deserve because they live under a corrupt rule is ignorant and insensitive. Only a fashion Buddhist would make such an shallow claim. TWS, to ask me if I've read the works of the Dalai Lama while misspelling the title is profound evidence of a poorly executed post. Just stop and think about it. I suggest you reconsider your arguments before posting again here. There are plenty of other threads that are more appropriate for the Tibet debate. Debating it here dishonors the tens of thousands who are dead or suffering.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

When will "celebrities" learn to STFU and mind their own business?
    No one cares about their narrow minded world views or politics.
    Man, what a TWAT !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !