Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: CLF Questions and Answers

[QUOTE=Yao Sing;861705]OMG where to start. Well I tried to head this off before it really blew up and even said some nice stuff about Frank which makes me look like a fool now.

Actually, no. And everyone has been trying to explain that to you but you're either too stubborn or too stupid to understand. You see, before a style can branch it has to already exist. In this case there are 3 branches of the style created by Chan Heung. There is Buk Sing CLF, Hung Sing CLF and what you call Chan Family CLF. Notice anything common about the three?

If you said all are CLF then you're correct.

[QUOTE]

Exactly the point. Did you try to understand that, flanking flanky?

The other thing is if Deeennnoooo "researched" the junk that you put out (yeah, along with you Mr hung sing flanking flanky), including endorsing the lies you made up (changing dates blah blah), then deeennnnoooo probably has zero credibility as a historian, but maybe good repute as a joker.

Blog Entries

in my own defense

in my own defense

This forum really is filled with nuts. Some feel they are elite, when the total opposite is true. Some want to ride the band wagon, why? I could care less. When i first joined this forum, i intentionally acted like a ***** because i wanted to see what people actually knew about CLF history to see if i could learn more. my intentions was to shake up the tree and see what falls out. look at all the nuts now!

However, the few on this forum who try to discredit me are nothing but jokes. And I laugh at their attempts. I understand people don't like or can't swallow how strong i am in my beliefs, whatever they may be. Or that I won't back down while others keep trying to prove me wrong. Well, what they don't realize is every single time they attack I get stronger. If I am shown where I'm wrong and fix it, i am then that much stronger.

I love how people like dave ross (who's been a running joke on the forum for a long time) and how Mike P. all try and gang up on me so others don't see their own faults. People like this attack, and when they get a response they don't like, they claim foul! You guys say I'm not a gangster blah blah blah.......well, if i was a gangster, do you think I'd publicize it on the internet? What gangs have a bragged being with? Show me where I bragged about being a gangster. You sound so dumb!

Okay, Mike brought up the fact that I did not fulfill my obligations to my new sifu in fut san. Why, because unlike him, i don't have parents to fall back on when I need money. I couldn't return to Fut San but that was no biggie because I get what I can't from my first and only real sifu (Dino Salvatera). I have no shame in this, nor did i do anything wrong. period.

I'll explain it this way. I never asked for a new sifu in fut san. I was given one. Plain and simple. In my book, GM Dino Salvatera is my only sifu. I only went to fut san to visit the birthplace of our gung fu. Our gung fu, not chan family gung fu and was GIVEN a sifu.

Now, in regards to history. Until my sifu and I began documenting the history that has always been orally passed down within our lineage, there was NO written information in ENGLISH on Jeung Hung Sing or his direct lineage at all. So, we were the first to document it and put it on the internet. I am not Chan Family, so what they had in their records about MY founder was only secondary to me. I personally contacted and corresponded with other Hung Sing masters over many years to cross check the Hung Sing history as they knew it and to learn things i didn't already know. My old writing is just that, my OLD writing that hasn't been updated.

Actual dates were something that we had to deduce on our own since even according to the Chan Family that their own records were filled with wrong dates and information. Most of the written historical information came from Chan Yiu Chi, during the 3rd generation of Chan Family CLF. Even Joseph said its possible Chan Yiu Chi could have been biased, and since the latter is an actual blood relative, it makes sense he would glorify his grandfather as anyone of us would if it were ours.

Writing our history down was NEVER that important to us. I've been doing HSCLF since 81/82 and only until the mid 90's did I start to want to know more about Jeung Hung Sing. First it started like this.....
    Who was Jeung Yim?
    How and why was he called Hung Sing?
    where was he from?
    How old was he when he first started?

How Long did he train with Chan Heung?
    Who was the Green Grass Monk?

and so forth. So I set out to see what I could learn. I will be the first to admit, we all believed Chan Heung was our founder until we started asking questions. The more questions we asked, the more we realized "hey wait a minute, if Jeung Yim went back to Chan Heung and shared what he learned with the Green Grass Monk, then they began adding in some of it, doesn't that make Jeung Hung Sing a co-founder of sorts?"

In regards to Jeung Yim's birthday, he was 69/70 years old when he died. When we counted backwards from his death in 1893, we got the birthdate of 1824. When we added in the fact that jeung yim was 12 when he first went to Chan Heung, 1824 + 12 =1836! In 1836, Chan Heung launched a new gung fu system that was only in its early developmental stages. So when you know that Jeung Yim only stayed for 5 years, that makes it 1841 when he left Chan Heung to go to the Green Grass Monk.

being born in 1824, and at the age of 17, that would make the year 1841 right? So, from 17-25 years old Jeung yim stayed with the green grass monk. that would be the years 1841-1849. And according to some writing, around that time there were TWO CLF's, Chan Heung's and Jeung Hung Sings.

To those who think I will fabricate something, you are completely and utterly WRONG. For example, when the idea that Jeung Hung Sing was killed young after being ambushed during a trip he was making to see Chan Heung I almost believed it because who knew the truth. That was until i back dated Chan Ngau Sing's death from 1926 and based on how old he was at the time of his death, I came to realize that the above story about Jeung Hung Sing's death was not the truth. Chan Ngau Sing wasn't even alive then.

Why you may ask? Because Chan Ngau Sing was born in 1864, and if Jeung Hung Sing died early, than teaching Chan Ngau Sing was plain out of the question. There are many rumors in hung sing about this or that and I haven't posted them because I can't get anyone to verify them. So they stay in the background for a while.

When DFW printed in his book that the Green Grass Monk was a fake, I went out and discovered more information on him. Ultimately, DFW changed his original course only to claim that Ching Cho was in fact Choy Fook. When he said there was NO Chan Family village, we proved he was wrong since there was a village in King Mui where everyone was a Chan. And when DFW tried to claim that Jeung Hung Sing was just an average student who came in the latter stages of CLF's development, I proved that was incorrect.

Now, when all claim that Green Grass Monk was a myth, I discovered that stemming from the Southern Shaolin temple there was only one green grass monk. Hung Ga, Shaolin, and Hung Sing Choy Lee Fut are the only systems that make mention of the Green Grass Monk. 3 systems, not just one talk about this mythical person. The first two say he was the acting abbott and Chief gung fu instructor of the southern shaolin temple after Gee Sim, in charge of 108 fighting monks, and devised the Lohan halls for graduating students. And, for Premier Zhou En Lai to personally instruct Hung Sing disciple Chen Yilin to write the "100 years of the Fut San Hung Sing Kwoon beginning to end" and NOT to leave out the Green Grass Monk. To me, that says the Green Grass Monk was more than just a myth.

People from the Chan Family lineage claimed that Jeung Yim was just a student under Chan Heung who got well known. If we let it be, we would have never discovered that Jeung Yim helped develop CLF, that he was the founder of his own version of CLF, and that jeung yim only learned the most earliest version of CLF. Or, that Jeung Yim was in fact present in 1851 with his own school and not 1867 like they wanted to paint that picture to be.

continued
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 05-17-2008 at 10:53 AM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Blog Entries
    If we left it to the Chan Family lineage, we would have never learned the Jeung Yim first learned Lee Ga as a young boy from Lee Yau San. We would have been led to believe Chan Heung was Jeung Yim's only teacher and most influential at that. But, today we know this to be untrue and that the green grass monk was jeung yim's most influential sifu because when he went to fut san, it wasn't CLF that he was teaching, he didn't learn all that much in the 5 years he was under chan heung. Since he spent 8 years under Ching Cho, and got pretty much everything, it makes more sense that he would be teaching Fut Ga with a Chan Family CLF twist making his system Choy Ga, Lee ga, and Fut Ga while Chan Heung was just Choy and Lee.

With a system that took the whole life time of its founder (chan heung) to develop how much do you really think Jeung Yim learned in the short 5 years of its birth? anyways.

So, when Joseph and the rest of the Chan's tried to claim chan heung was the first to use Glorious Victory Hung Sing, I pointed out that the two Hung Sing's (chan heung's Hung Xiong and Jeung Yim's Hung Sing) were NOT the same Hung Sing's so that claim of it being used first by the Chan Family in Fut San was cleared up. Chan Heung used Great Sage Hung, while Jeung Yim used Hung Victory/ Glorious Victory. the two are obviously NOT the same.

LOL. See what you don't realize, even during Chan Yiu Chi's days CLF brothers were not UNITED, because it was another CLF master that killed Lau Chung (hung sing Kwoon) for the money offered by the government. So i guess he broke Chan Heung's rules huh? This CLF master beheaded Lau Chung and is said to be the reason Chan Yiu Chi stopped teaching CLF for a while. In fact, based on some things i've read, it seems the Chan Family was upset that Jeung Hung Sing over a Chan Family school, took down their name and used his own.

See, while the Chans claims Jeung Yim was one of their strongest soldiers, it makes me wonder because while Chan Heung was busy developing and promoting his new system, Jeung Yim was busy for the next 8 years learning the Fut Ga system, NOT spreading CLF like they wish us to believe. When Jeung Yim went to Fut San in 1849, he joined the Hung Mun and was busy with revolutionary activities, not worrying about spreading CLF. Jeung Hung Sing knew more Fut Ga than he did Chan Heung's CLF.

The CLF name got attached to Jeung Yim's gung fu long before most of us here were even a thought. So today, Jeung Yim's lineage carries the CLF name. does it really matter? No. Not really. Why? because Hung Sing CLF people know we have NOTHING in common with Chan Family CLF. Not move for move, movement, essence, style, aggression, fighting, NOTHING. Except for the basics Jeung Hung Sing learned within those first 5 years.

People here act like Chan Heung CREATED CLF. CLF is comprised of elements of other systems. Its the real MMA of old. Elements of Choy Ga, Lee Ga, and Fut Ga are all over CLF today. And all those systems are separate from one another. Chan Heung didn't create the CLF's 10 seeds, they all pre-existed long before his time especially when they can be found in other styles. He didn't create the 5 animals, accept for the 9 dragon trident, chan heung didn't created any new weaponry that didn't pre date him. Although they may have inspired him, wooden dummies were not his own creation.

anyways, so when people like dave ross, and Mike P. ask me "what have you done Frank?" Well, that's easy. For one, I beat the odds of a future in a wheel chair for life and returned to gung fu as i predicted!!!! And, my personal story has touched and affected a good number of people who had such traumatic spinal injuries and have even inspired someone to walk when they were told they too would never! I've taught severely disabled people Choy Lee Fut and showed them how to use it to their advantage effectively. I've researched and documented my findings on the Fut San Hung Sing Kwoon lineage. I'm the first person to research and document the Lau Bun lineage. I'm an avid promoter of the Fut San Hung Sing lineage.

I'm the first Caucasian to make it this far in both the SF Chinese Community and within the Lau Bun lineage of Hung Sing. When NO other NON CHINESE faces are allowed into certain places in Chinatown, I am allowed in. My white face.

And when it comes to CLF as a WHOLE, I have been contacted by members of all three principal lineages of CLF and complimented on my quest to promote a more united CLF. With people like who are on this forum, it makes it difficult because the forum seems like an insane asylum with certain key players. Myself included at times. My personal quest to research and promote the Hung Sing family has earned me respect within other Hung Sing schools, so much so that some have even made me an honorary president without even knowing me personally but know me through the other hung sing people who talk good about me and what i'm doing.

In regards to Fut San and me being a current student there. Well, since I can't afford to go back every year like some, it's possible they dropped me because of failing to uphold my duties as a bai-see'd student of Lok Gee Hung. Does that make any difference? NONE AT ALL. First I am from Hung Sing, the Lau Bun lineage. Two, my sifu (d. Salvatera) is a current student of Fut San Hung Sing, and i will receive all i need through him. So i'm not out in the cold like some of you think. There was NO fall out with me and Fut San, in fact DFW called my sifu there for me a few times and he's waiting for me to go back.

The fall out with me and GM Salvatera was nothing but a misunderstanding. That is why I am back with him today.

So, you asked me what have I done? I've researched, been commended, documented, fought, won competitions, posted our history on the net, posted videos or our honored Hung Sing family, reached out and re-emerged the Yuen Hai lineage of Fut San Hung Sing CLF within the HSCLF community, taught disabled people to use CLF, teach my gung fu in the park, beat incredible odds and returned to CLF and did what MOST CANNOT DO! i've broken down doors others only wish they could walk through and working on a line of books. Good or bad, my face is synonymous with the Lau Bun lineage, people all over the world search for "Hung Sing Frank" or "Hung Sing Sifu Frank" thanks to this forum, my writings, and my promotions of our system.

So. when i look back, I CAN say, i've done some things both good and bad for CLF. Controversy brings us out to the forefront for attention, brotherhood shows the rest of the world we're human, and arguing shows our dedication and willingness to stand up for what we believe in. especially when some of you say "you're Not Lau Bun" (of course, im not even chinese) that don't make you nothing. Well, Lau Bun knew his sheet well, Sigung Jew Leong knew his sheet well, and so does my Sifu (GM Salvatera). Personally, I have been fighting on the streets since i was a young boy, and when I get the opportunity to include fighting concepts and strategies handed down from my elders to add into my own......i'm taking it. Under the American Hung Sing Kwoon, I am blessed to be in the third generation, because im not that far away from our American founder Lau Bun.

And, do we care that much about the whole "Co-founder" thing? no not really. Its you guys who are riding this out. The more we learn about Jeung Hung Sing, the more we realize how little he had to do with Chan Heung. In fact, when Fut San was asked about Chan Heung, the response was "what does he have to do with us?" This tells me that Chan Heung had very little to do with the development of Hung Sing Choy Lee Fut.

And, when you ask again, I can say, "I've done a few things"

Blog Entries
    really kup choy? take it down? why cause you said so? come see me first so we can talk about it up close.

i'm not worried about how you feel. put up your own and lets see how you look.

all you suckas, if you talk about me being fat, or move whatever.......if you can't come back from a spinal cord injury that left you paralyzed from the waist down, as i did, you can miss me with your bs.

all talk, all bs. all of you who hide behind your computers too. LMAO.

kup choi, take it down for me.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    in my own defense
    When i first joined this forum, i intentionally acted like a ***** because i wanted to see what people actually knew about CLF history to see if i could learn more. my intentions was to shake up the tree and see what falls out. look at all the nuts now!
    What an excuse, flanky

Okay, Mike brought up the fact that I did not fulfill my obligations to my new sifu in fut san. Why, because unlike him, i don't have parents to fall back on when I need money. I couldn't return to Fut San but that was no biggie because I get what I can't from my first and only real sifu (Dino Salvatera). I have no shame in this, nor did i do anything wrong. period.

I'll explain it this way. I never asked for a new sifu in fut san. I was given one. Plain and simple. In my book, GM Dino Salvatera is my only sifu. I only went to fut san to visit the birthplace of our gung fu. Our gung fu, not chan family gung fu and was GIVEN a sifu.
    Nice loyalty to your sifus?

Cut the stupid excuses flanky. You intentionally put out lies and false information, tried to get people to take them as facts, get caught then start the stupid excuses, insults and the old "prove me wrong,prove me wrong".
    Anyone who takes your "research" seriously needs to go to night school and get an education. And if Deeenoooo is behind your junk as well then he needs to go to drama school, not teach kung fu, people might actually enjoy the work of a joker. Comedy is entertainment.

And don't publish your lies in a book, you know environmentally friendly, the toilet paper is better used for other purposes than to have your silly lying book printed on them.

When i first joined this forum, i intentionally acted like a ***** because i wanted to see what people actually knew about CLF history to see if i could learn more. my intentions was to shake up the tree and see what falls out. look at all the nuts now!
    What a great research technique...

all you suckas, if you talk about me being fat, or move whatever.......if you can't come back from a spinal cord injury that left you paralyzed from the waist down, as i did, you can miss me with your bs.

Uh, you were obese even before the injury....
    Why do you keep using it as an excuse??

LOL and tell me where I said one thing about your Sifu in Fut San...I just opened the door and asked you about it...you are the one who told the whole story. I never asked them about your Sifu there,...I just picked up upon the fact that you said that you no longer had one. YOU are the one who said everything....LOL

try and find one place where I made a statement about how you couldn't pay your Sifu over there...and you had a falling out with him.....those are your words...not mine..

People here act like Chan Heung CREATED CLF. CLF is comprised of elements of other systems. Its the real MMA of old.
    He did. He even gave it it's name, you dolt.

All systems are coprised of elements of other systems...they all use common stances and fists and kicks. What is that saying??

Try telling all these other styles that their respective teachers didn't create their style...they'll stick you like a pig and roast you over a fire-pit.

It's just that kind of logic that makes you as a huge idiot.

You always try to state stuff like it's already an accepted fact...LOL. Then you throw in "it's the real MMA of old". You are a fool...problem is...you don't even understand the idiot-logic that you are using. You actually think that you are right and everyone else on here is wrong.

You're dates are all bullshit. No one believes anything you say..your credibility is shit. You are not a historian...you are a "bullshitorian". You're agenda is about YOU and YOU alone. You use the School as a way to say that YOU are a part of history, but your posts just scream about how YOU have done the most research, YOU have documented, YOU have kicked down doors...blah blah blah.

Fact is Fran-ky, YOU are a poor representation of your school. You a severely out-of-shape loudmouth, who can't throw a punch to save his own life (youtube, baby) who disrespects everyone on this forum, who defames his Sifu and his school; in short - a loser. And I don't use that word often.

And I don't want to say your a waste, because I don't beleive you are. I think you have to have something of value, and then squander it to become a waste; you have nothing of value nor have you ever. You sit there with all your bullshit free zoomshare websites and weave your fabricated stories, then you yell at everyone who doesn't belive you and THEN you tell everyone that you changed dates on purpose, act like a dick on purpose..blah blah blah.

And you think anyone respects you. No..they TOLERATE you...that is all. No one wants to be you, be like you or act like you.

You are not famous with CLF circles...you are notorious..there's a difference.
    Last edited by Lama Pai Sifu; 05-17-2008 at 12:09 PM.

really kup choy? take it down? why cause you said so? come see me first so we can talk about it up close.

i'm not worried about how you feel. put up your own and lets see how you look.

all talk, all bs. all of you who hide behind your computers too. LMAO.

kup choi, take it down for me.
    No problem, if i'm ever in the U.S i'll be sure to let you know

Yeah I mite do my own, although I do spend most of my time training, and not producing self promoting videos.

Well for one thing I don't think there's any reason to keep pulling Dino Salvatera into all this crap. Seems like someone might have an issue with him but save that for another thread if you think it has merit.

The more questions we asked, the more we realized "hey wait a minute, if Jeung Yim went back to Chan Heung and shared what he learned with the Green Grass Monk, then they began adding in some of it, doesn't that make Jeung Hung Sing a co-founder of sorts?"
    See here's where you go wrong. Nobody considers that as worthy of the co-founder title. It's not that they argue aganst him doing so, they argue against what it means.

As much as you'd like it to mean he's a co-founder it really doesn't.

And according to some writing, around that time there were TWO CLF's, Chan Heung's and Jeung Hung Sings.
    Sounds more like 2 versions but even if there were 2 CLFs why wouldn't the one who used the term first get precedence? That's how the legal system in modern times works. Whoever used it first gets to keep it.

When he said there was NO Chan Family village, we proved he was wrong since there was a village in King Mui where everyone was a Chan.
    There's also a Chan family village in Shajeng where Chan Pui's (of Wah Lum fame) father was the local "mayor" until the cultural revolution. They were all named Chan too. So what does that mean?

People from the Chan Family lineage claimed that Jeung Yim was just a student under Chan Heung who got well known. If we let it be, we would have never discovered that Jeung Yim helped develop CLF, that he was the founder of his own version of CLF, and that jeung yim only learned the most earliest version of CLF.
    So if he only learned the most earliest version of CLF but learned primarily from Green Grass Monk why do you insist his style was CLF? That's not making any sense.

You know a little bit about style X but learn mostly style Y and then call your creation style X. See the next quote:

If we left it to the Chan Family lineage, we would have never learned the Jeung Yim first learned Lee Ga as a young boy from Lee Yau San. We would have been led to believe Chan Heung was Jeung Yim's only teacher and most influential at that. But, today we know this to be untrue and that the green grass monk was jeung yim's most influential sifu because when he went to fut san, it wasn't CLF that he was teaching, he didn't learn all that much in the 5 years he was under chan heung. Since he spent 8 years under Ching Cho, and got pretty much everything, it makes more sense that he would be teaching Fut Ga with a Chan Family CLF twist making his system Choy Ga, Lee ga, and Fut Ga while Chan Heung was just Choy and Lee.

With a system that took the whole life time of its founder (chan heung) to develop how much do you really think Jeung Yim learned in the short 5 years of its birth? anyways.
    All this seems to argue AGAINST your previous claims. According to the above quote Jeung Yim would have NO right to use the CLF name. this isn't making any sense.

Maybe it's just me.

See, while the Chans claims Jeung Yim was one of their strongest soldiers, it makes me wonder because while Chan Heung was busy developing and promoting his new system, Jeung Yim was busy for the next 8 years learning the Fut Ga system, NOT spreading CLF like they wish us to believe. When Jeung Yim went to Fut San in 1849, he joined the Hung Mun and was busy with revolutionary activities, not worrying about spreading CLF. Jeung Hung Sing knew more Fut Ga than he did Chan Heung's CLF.
    Again more evidence against his style being CLF. I'm totally confused.

The CLF name got attached to Jeung Yim's gung fu long before most of us here were even a thought. So today, Jeung Yim's lineage carries the CLF name. does it really matter? No. Not really. Why? because Hung Sing CLF people know we have NOTHING in common with Chan Family CLF. Not move for move, movement, essence, style, aggression, fighting, NOTHING. Except for the basics Jeung Hung Sing learned within those first 5 years.
    So if it's COMPLETELY different then change the name so you aren't infringing on the use of their name. But then you are argue that Jeung Yim is a co-founder which would mean he was teaching Chan Heung's CLF.

Which is it? You can't have both since it's a contradiction.

When NO other NON CHINESE faces are allowed into certain places in Chinatown, I am allowed in. My white face.
    Guess you aren't talking about the Tong headquarters on Waverly because even my white face was allowed in there.

And, do we care that much about the whole "Co-founder" thing? no not really.
    Now that's an interesting statement right there. Sure is a lot of hollering about something you don't really care about.

The more we learn about Jeung Hung Sing, the more we realize how little he had to do with Chan Heung. In fact, when Fut San was asked about Chan Heung, the response was "what does he have to do with us?" This tells me that Chan Heung had very little to do with the development of Hung Sing Choy Lee Fut.
    Digging the whole deeper and deeper.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Blog Entries
    jolly good kup choi! jolly good!......mike. u ar e nothin but a weak ass clf wannabe, shady as ****, what u did to ten tigers would NEVER happen to me. u'd be pushin up daisies for sure. i heard about u dude, u r one low life individual. twisted. u try and insult me knowing u r on the other side if the country. u would never kick my ass even if i was half dead. "mikey the blow hard" proof is in the pudding and ur all out of it. mikey do u really think u can benefit the clf world like u said? lmao. thats pretty big of you. big headed that is. mike....clf's great self appointed benefactor. hate me, feel sad for me, whatever. the fact of the matter is you SUCK!!!!

ha ha ha Franky...I'm laughing at you, I'm laughing at you, I'm laughing at you.

Poor boy. Poor sad pathetic Franky. What's the matter? You gonna cry now? Nobody loves you? What no parents to love you fatty? Did you eat to feel better? Want a donut honey?? C'mon, you'll feel better....here...take it!

You said that
    'unlike me, you didn't have parents to fall back on?'
    Now that you are backed into a corner you want to try to talk about what you think you know about me?? LOL I love it. You are teetering on the edge.....dough-boy....LOL

I'd love to see the spread of food you probably have around your desk right now....chips, donuts, soda, candy....are u getting hungry fat-boy??

Hey, I can dish it out as well as you crippy-boy. Don't expect to get any quarter because of your parents, your injury, whatever. You're a big fat fuck. When you walk down the street people say "Hey, look at that kid, he's a big fat fuck!"

Have a humongous caloric weekend you tubby bitch! HA!

Blog Entries
    This is productive.

cjurakpt Guest
    if you can't come back from a spinal cord injury that left you paralyzed from the waist down, as i did, you can miss me with your bs.
    you'll excuse me if I say that for those of us that work in rehab and have seen more than a few people come back from what you describe, this statement is neither particularly impressive nor uncommon, so please stop trying to play it off as if you had to overcome some sort of unique challenge

the difference is that the vast majority of people who have recovered from a SCI do not use it as some sort of rationale for why other people can't say anything to them - most are just glad to be back on their feet and let it go from there; the ones who rightly feel a little bitter are the C4/5 quads: ever see what that's like Frank? I think I'll reserve my sympathy for someone who has to blow into a tube to move their power wheelchair around instead of someone who had temporary motor paralysis of the legs

honestly Frank, you make it seem like such a big deal: tell me, since you like to use this as a stick to beat people over the head with, what was the actual diagnosis? was your spinal cord actually severed? or was it something a little less extreme, like swelling, which can temporarily knock out your motor function?

you say you had to work so hard to get yourself walking again: well, when someone's BMI is elevated significantly, it typically does make rehab bit harder;

put it in perspective Frank - you had an injury of some sort; you lost motor function for a while; if you have it all back, it means that, fundamentally, the injury was not that serious on the continuum of potentials, meaning that it wasn't so much any sort of Herculean effort that you performed, it was just "normal" physiology doing its thing over time; stop implying that it was otherwise in absence of evidence to the contrary

cjurakpt Guest
    Okay, Mike brought up the fact that I did not fulfill my obligations to my new sifu in fut san. Why, because unlike him, i don't have parents to fall back on when I need money.
    Frank, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about; out of respect for Mike's privacy I won't go into details, but from the day I met him, this was never the case; you really ought to drop this, because if Mike does decide to elaborate on why this is not the case, you are going to look like even more boorish than you already do