Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CLF Questions and Answers

Hybrid View

Unhappy CLF Questions and Answers

Hi Frank,

I just picked this up from your "Questions and Answers":

http://www.clfqna.zoomshare.com/

"Who was the first to use Hung Victory Hung Sing 洪 勝?
    It was Cheung Hung Sing's name given to him from the Green Grass Monk and used as his schools first name before having to change it to Glorious Victory used by all of Cheung Hung Sing's disciples."

No one ever used these two characters 洪勝 together in the CLF branch names. Please check your Chinese characters and your CLF history before you post any more misleading information.

You have misquoted Howard Choy, "The three main branches of the system, namely, Hung Sing (Originally known as Great Sage Hung Sing, later changed to Heroic Victory Hung Sing), Hong Sing (Great Victory), and Buk Sing (Northern Victory, whose lineage can be traced to Tam Salm), feature slight variations in their techniques."

What he mentioned was either Great Sage Hung Sing 洪聖, or
    Heroic Victory Hung Sing 雄勝, or
    Great Victory Hung Sing 鴻勝, or
    Buk Sing 北勝,
    but no Hung Victory Hung Sing 洪勝!

Jeong was called Great Victory Hung Sing 鴻勝, never Hung Victory Hung Sing 洪勝. Back to the drawing board, Frank!

XJ

Blog Entries

joseph, you don't know ****! howard choy told me personally a long time ago in an email that jeung yim had to change his name cuz it was connected to gangsters. according to howard choy jeung yim asked chan heung what name he should use. so we have a confirmation here joseph from howard choy. jeung yim did not originally call his school glorious victory, it was originally hung mun victory. sorry chan fam joe, u are wrong again!
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    joseph, you don't know ****! howard choy told me personally a long time ago in an email that jeung yim had to change his name cuz it was connected to gangsters. according to howard choy jeung yim asked chan heung what name he should use. so we have a confirmation here joseph from howard choy. jeung yim did not originally call his school glorious victory, it was originally hung mun victory. sorry chan fam joe, u are wrong again!
    When was Cheung Yim born?
    born in 1824 during the Ching Dynasty
    So, he was 12 when Chan Heung had already created CLF. Okay...

Was Chan Heung Cheung Yim's only teacher?
    A: No. Prior to 1836 Cheung Yim was a student of Lee Ga Master Lee Yau San, Chan Heung's second sifu. Then in 1836 about the same time or early than the official establising of the system, Chan Heung took in the 12 year old Cheung Hung Sing. Then in 1841 Cheung Hung Sing took the Green Grass Monk as his final sifu. This is where Cheung Hung Sing is said to have put the "FUT" in Choy Lee Fut.
    So Cheung Yim studied with the Green Grass Monk LATER ON. He is Chan Heung's student none the less.

Why did Cheung Yim only study Choy Lee Fut under Chan Heung for 5 years?A:Well, if you think about it, Cheung Yim was never really an official student of Chan Heung. why? Because Cheung Yim copied Chan Heung's techniques, but later was secretly trained by him. Because back then, only those with the surname of Chan were allowed to learn Chan Heung's gung fu....hence all of Chan Heung's original students possessed the last name of Chan.
    But when Cheung Yim revealed that he was being trained by Chan Heung by injuring his teachers senior disciples, the parents of the injured individuals complained to the village elders who gave Chan Heung an ear full on the village rules. So Chan Heung was forced to ask Cheung Yim to leave the King Mui village.
    How do you put this 12 year old kid as a founder of CLF? So, he was a contributer to a future branch, so what?? So was Taam Saam, So what??

Why not just give him that credit?? What is the difference?? Do you think that it means that FUT SAN HUNG SING CLF is not as good as Chan Family? It's a matter of preference, right? If you like it, then it's good. Don't be so insecure....face facts Frank. You've already laid it out here....

Why all the hub-bub?
    Last edited by Lama Pai Sifu; 05-13-2008 at 03:22 PM.

"...howard choy told me personally a long time ago in an email..."

Show us the email then, Frank. If you have'nt got it now, then you can wite to Howard Choy again, I am sure he is still around somewhere in Australia if you Google search him. I only commented on what he wrote and what you have quoted.

You have showed us a name in Chinese characters that no one ever used in CLF, that shows how much you know about our history. All your so called "research" came from Futsan, you are just not equipped to do your own original work, because you do not have the language ability to do so. Sorry to be so blunt, but that is the fact as I see it.
    Last edited by extrajoseph; 05-13-2008 at 03:57 PM.

If Jeong Yim was asking Chan Hueng what name he should use doesn't that look like a student asking a sifu? If he wasn't his student but rather an equal or co-founder couldn't he use whatever name he wanted?

Come'on Franky, you can take these chumps!

Dear Mokkori,

There is no flame to fan here.

Despite Frank's pig-headedness, he is a great soldier of CLF just like all of us here. Without guys like him, we would never be what we are today.

History and tradition are what bound us together and arguing about their details made our jouney more interesting.

As long as Frank call himself a CLF man and throw those mean Kwa, Sow and Charp, he is my brother.

I am a little bit older than he is, so I can slap him around a little bit. He is a big man, so he can take it! Don't you worry.

XJ

Blog Entries
    i find it hilarious that u make me out as the bad guy here bro jo.....u seem to think i just made up our history. but what doesn't kill me joseph only make me stronger. so bring it on!

Blog Entries
    mike, for someone has no real clf to speak of, you really are a straight up ****head! at the timei wrote that **** no real reseach into our history was done or available in the usa. figuring out the dates was all part of the process of learning the truth. so whati wrote something and listed the wrong date. i dont care what you think. u aren't even clf to me, nor to any other clf person here. u are lama pai. stick to what you know, cus u don't know **** about clf. lol.....you.....a lama guy thinks he can single handely benefit the clf system!!!! omg thats so funny!

thinks he can single handely benefit the clf system!!!! omg thats so funny!
    What on earth does that mean?? LOL

You are bizarre....ha ha ha

Blog Entries
    ANYWAYZZZ...

Who publicly cast the first stone on this whole debate? Whoever did could say a lot.

It's sad to see that there is so much knowledge on these boards as we can see the amount of information on this thread alone, that people cannot discuss in an adult fashion. But i guess CMA will never get away from this. It's all about who's got the oldest most badest traditional unaltered form that's got the goods. It seems to be all about history and who's version is the right version. If this continues, how far will this art grow? How can you guys continue to separate yourselves from each other and still manage to grow the art? Without progression, how can one improve?

From the videos i've seen on youtube, there are people trying to do what they can to spread their art. I can think of some clips of Lama Pai Sifu and those of Sifu Chen Yong Fa, who do not seem to hold a political agenda in thier videos but have put them there for us to see what CLF is all about.

You can have the baddest form out there that is 100% unaltered, practised the same way it has been since day one, but if you come a callin and i ram my charp choy so far down your throat that i can give you a rectal exam, what good is that form gonna do ya !!!

Of course, this just from someone on the outside lookin in.......

I don't understand why Lama isn't clf? Just because his sifu might have been more well known for lama pai if he knew CLF he knew CLF. It doesn't make sense not to recognize someone as clf if in fact they learned clf.

On another note I don't think anyone has forms that are completely original. To think a form has stayed exactly the same for nearly 200 years let alone 10-20 years is just insane.

mike, for someone has no real clf to speak of, you really are a straight up ****head!
    Frank, you're a moron, and demonstate it daily, don't you realize how bad you make yourself look?

CTS didn't know CLF? LMFAO

CTS would have taken one look at you and how you perform, and DIED OF LAUGHTER

Should we post again the stick incident?
    Or, better yet, your excuses that went on for PAGES

What is your lineage again? How FAR are you from Lau Bun? Dude, wake up and smell the po-lei, we are MILES ahead of you lineage wise. so wipe your nose and your arse, comb your hair and show some respect

IDIOT
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Blog Entries
    haaha. i was fut san before i went to fut san. regardless of which sifu, he xiang is my fut san sigung. yes, i couldnt go back to fut san, but am blessed yet because ill learn fut san forms thru sifu dino. mike, ur the clown. seriously!