Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: CLF Questions and Answers

Hello

When was GM Yuen Hai born ?

Regards

Blog Entries
    Dragon323,

let me be clear for you.

when i started writing our history, we learned that there was a ten year gap. Fut San had accused the Chan Family of altering the dates of Chan Heung's birth. There are other sites out there that says Chan Heung was born in 1815, and even a Li Iu Ling historical information page places Chan Heung's birthdate in 1815 and not in 1805.

So, when Fut San had said that the dates were altered to make Chan Heung look older, it was MY idea to push back Jeung Yim's birthday to 1814. But I later changed it to the accepted 1824.

Yuen Hai was GGM Jew Leong's sigung, and how Lau Bun passed it down to him, Yuen Hai was most likely from Vietnam because his last name was pronounce like Nguyen (win). He came to Fut San in Fut San's early stages. Now as we discovered the Hung Sing Kwoon opened in 1851, I obviously have to change my old writing. So from 18 years old until his death, he was a student of Jeung Hung Sing.

Lau Bun learned Hung Gar as a young boy. DFW may have more info, so would my sigung, but my sigung is a man of very few words. Lau Bun learned from Yuen Hai while the latter was in his old age. Even Lun Chee met the elder Yuen Hai during the Japanese war.

But we were never told actually how old Yuen Hai was, or his exact birthdate since that has been lost to time. there are NO records to prove wrong or right. Yes, the birth and death is more along the lines of guesstimation.

But what we do know, and has been confirmed by many hung sings around the world, Yuen Hai was one of the top 3 seinior students.

The only issue here is that i based my infor on the idea that Jeung Hung Sing was born in 1814 and not 1824. hence the 10 year gap.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Frank,

There is a lot of info on Yuan Hai (and Jeung Yim as well) in this webpage. Get someone to translate for you and you may even find out where your lineage really came from and it is not Futsan if Yuan Hai was GGM Jew Leong's sigung.

http://www.chens.org.cn/shownews.asp?newsid=468

It is amazing how you just made things up and expect people to believe them!

XJ

is this more hate towards hung sing people ,AGAIN ? OR are really trying to help and not control.If it's trying to brake us again,Give it a break. if its helpful thank you

seisei, why don't you at least read what he linked and give us your opinion.

Blog Entries
    for one, since it stems from chan fam.....Im not interested in it unless fut san says its true. w hen did this info come out joseph? and remember, just like in clf there are two tong seks, there are two yuen hai's. i ll read it tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    i find it hilarious that u make me out as the bad guy here bro jo.....u seem to think i just made up our history. but what doesn't kill me joseph only make me stronger. so bring it on!

clf nole,

sorry to sound negative,but in the short time i've been enjoying this forum,I'm not used to this type of mentality,he just wants to be a jerk and saying ha-ha i know more than you.i'm sending you ths note cause sifu frank seems to think you are an ok person. lay you odds. that the clown is trying to clown again .personally i think sifu frank should stay awy from anything the chans say or do,but he enjoys debating i guess

All I said was since you are chinese , read what the link says and give us your opinion of what it says. If you believe it or not, it doesn't matter, I and probably others who don't read chinese would like to know what it says. I can ask my wife but she will yell at me for being "on that stupid kung fu thing".

Previously you started a post asking about my lineage, which I happily answered, so "quid pro quo".
    Last edited by CLFNole; 05-15-2008 at 03:01 PM.

understood

Not to be biased, here is Futsan's version in English:

http://www.hongshengguan.com/indexe.htm

It says Chan Heung (1805-1875) sent Jeung Yim to study with the GGM and then Jeung came back to share with Chan so now Jeung is the Father of CLF while Chan was the Originator of CLF. No mention Jeung studied with LYS at all.

Bur the title did say, "The LEGEND of Jeung Hung Sing", and not the history.

Wishful thinking but unlikely...

Can you imagine Frank goes to study in Futsan, comes back to SF and share his knowledge with his old Sifu Dino and then became the Father of American Hung Sing!

Giving him ideas now, that can't be good.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

this is what it says

When Chen Xiang Gong heard of Zhang Yan’s achievement, he regarded him as friend. Zhang Hongsheng attributed his triumph to Chen’s instruction. He showed great respect to Chen Xiang Gong during their daily association. In return for Chen Xiang’s previous help and training, he taught Chen Xiang what he had learned from “Qingcao”. Afterwards, they studied those skills and techniques and created many more new actions. They were inspired in their training for wushu and exercised systematically, focusing on different plus their respective innovation.

Because their kungfu was all derived from Shaolin, integrating the three styles advantages, in memory of Cai Yafu, Li Youshan and Qingcao monk, they named it “Cai-Li-Fo”. And Zhang Hongsheng was worshipped as the father of “Cai-Li-Fo”. “Cai-Li-Fo” was such formally founded and became a vital genre of Southern China, spreading throughout the region.

^ sounds like it was some co-founding to me...

I can read english too, that is not what needed to be translated.