Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Benefit for Quake Victims

The mail has been delivered for today, Dale

Thanks for trying. We'll find someone to give that to, someone that will enjoy it.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Keep it for another raffle or event. Im sure you will have something come up.

Check your office today(Saturday) as I have this feeling its going to arrive there today.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Benefit for Quake Victims sold out

It was a packed house. We're still tabulating how much was earned for the cause and probably won't know exactly until later this week. Thank you to everyone who supported this worthy cause. Our work is not over. The Tiger Claw Foundation will continue to generate revenue through DVD sales and other promotions to further aid the Sichuan Quake victims.

Stay tuned. There's more to come...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Glad to hear it.

Sorry that I did not get my merch in on time. Please use it for another cause.

Very glad to hear you raised much for the people who need it in Sichuan.

Be well,

Dale

I received your parcel today, Dale

It looks like it's leaking. I'm afraid to open it.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

So long as it doesn't smell like English cheese

Hmmm... if ye need hazmat, I'd be more than happy to check it out. I have some bruises that need addressing

I'm really bummed 'cause I bid on one of Master Tu's paintings but at the last minute, some other person outbid me by a mere 12 dollars. Not even by an auspicious number... I bid 108 to counter the 88 dollar previous bid... Is Master Tu's artwork available anywhere else (outside of the prints offered by martialartsmart.com)?

peace

herb ox

Let me know if anything survived.

If not I will be sure to pack it better and not give the postal nazis any chance on breaking it next time I send some items out to you.
    Last edited by Dale Dugas; 05-28-2008 at 04:29 PM.

We appreciate your donation Dale...

...but glass bottles just won't survive in a cardboard box packed with popcorn via regular post. The bottles broke and the shards broke the packaging. The liquids spoiled everything. The herbal ice looks like all that survived intact.

On a brighter note, initial tabulations indicate that we may have raised over $60,000. That's not confirmed yet. We're still collecting checks and receipts.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I have rarely had dit da jow bottles break. Next time I will send a separate pack out to you packed better.

Uggh

Dale, I suspect it was a domino effect...

...once one broke, there was a chain reaction. You know, I used to make swords for a living - combat worthy European blades like rapiers and broadswords. Once, one of our broadswords got returned. It had been bent in four directions in transit. Now, this was easily a 2" wide piece of tempered steel. You'd have to put it in a vice and have a go with a sledgehammer to bend that mother. We kept it as a trophy, in awe of the destructive power of the postal service. It probably still stands at that shop today, although it's been a long time since I visited my old haunts. Anyway, thank you so much. We appreciate that you made the effort. That was really great. It was so last minute.

Gigi is in the other room with some of the other organizers, still counting donations. And we'll have more places to donate. This is a continuing relief effort and there has been an outpouring of support from the martial arts community. It's very reaffirming to see this for me. It reminds me of how good martial artists can be when they put their hearts behind something.

We've just updated TigerClawFoundation.org again, but this is just a temporary framework for our future fundraising efforts.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Some preliminary figures

From our Martial Arts Benefit for Quake Victims accountant:
    As of May 29, 2008, we have received a total amount of $68,484.15 for the quake victims, and they are:

Ticket Sales: $39,900.00
    Donations from cash/checks: $27,984.00
    Donations from PayPal: $110.15
    Auction & Tea: $490.00
    There are still more outstanding donations and ticket sales that have not yet reported in. Also, there are some expenses that must be deducted, such as the rental of the chairs for the show. The union wouldn't budge with any discount for supplying the chairs for this.

More to come.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

We've updated our website again

It's not done (actually, it's a work in progress that will never be quite done) but you'll find our Martial Arts Benefit for Quake Victims has now its own section in the 'Friends' section of TigerClawFoundation.org.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Support from the AAU

I received this announcement from Dave Pickens the other day. No doubt some of you received it as well. We appreciate their support on this.

Hello Fellow Instructors, Players, and Parents,

We are well underway for the 2008 United States Amateur Athletic Union National Kung Fu and Tai Chi Championships set for Saturday August 16th in Round Rock Texas.

Great News our Chief Arbitrators have been selected and both Grand Master’s Johnny Lee and JK Wong will be on hand for any Internal or External question.

Our Chief Judges Internal Dug Corpolongo and External Greg Watson with a host of distinguished ring judges all true Masters Michael Aronson. Sal Dela Rosa, Nelson Kitamura, Jeff Hughes, Rick Clark, Curtis Hardison, Donna Minshew, Ray Hildreth, Ray Albeta, Franc Gomez and the list is growing bigger every day. Our Senior Advisers list showcases some very respected legends coming starting with Grand Master Wu Cheng de and Grand Master Jeng Hsing ping both hall of fame inductees. His year's hall of fame balloting will take place at the tournament for a fall announcement. Please let us know if you intend to be a judge at this year events.

I have some more very exciting news about this event, it will be held at the 50,500 square foot Clay Madsen Recreation Center both this year and next year as a result of the city of Round Rock ’s Convention and Visitors Bureau helping us to find a location large enough to hold the event. As we in the AAU grow we may find the new Convention Center which is on the drawing boards right now an attractive venue for the future events as well.

We will be donating the proceeds from our spectators admissions as well as having some raffle items to aid the Tiger Claw Foundation’s China Earthquake Relief Fund.

You can find out all the things we have been up to as well as information on registration at http://www.aaunationalkungfuchampionships.com/

As we mentioned this year we are holding it in Round Rock Texas at the Clay Madsen Recreation Center you can see the Center and get a map there from http://www.roundrocktexas.gov/home/index.asp?page=210.

To make hotel reservations go to http://cwp.marriott.com/ausno/aau/

For those of you with families there is a very good City Owned Water Park designed for the grade school and middle school set. It’s one where the parents can enjoy the water too!

Rock'n River Family Aquatic Center http://www.sportscapitaloftexas.com/...ons.php?id=189
    There is also a city owned Skate Board Park http://www.skateparkofaustin.com/content.cfm?cid=3894

For the young adults….Austin is know as the “Live Music Capital of the World” a title we have worked hard to claim with an array of top musicians ranging from the late Janis Joplin and Stevie Ray Vaughn to the living legend Willie Nelson. There is Spoon, Fast Ball, Asleep at the Wheel, Carolyn Wonderland, Marcia Ball, and Randy Newman who all call Austin home. I could fill the page with names of people and acts that appear here nightly. On any night in Austin you can see over 100 different acts going on in clubs around town. From Country to Blues, Hip Hop to Jazz, Rap to Bebop, Latin to Gospel, Austin really does not hold 2and to nobody…come see why we are so ostentatious about our music scene!

I really hope you will make our event shine even brighter with your presence, and to help get our word out please share this e-mail with as many Chinese Martial Arts friends as you can.

Dave Pickens
    National Chairman
    AAU Chinese Martial Arts Division

Discovery and making changes starts now and can last a lifetime join the AAU today!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Donation to Shin Shin Educational Foundation

You'll find the article in today's World Journal.
    武術、藝術、舞蹈三團體轉交
    重建四川小學 欣欣獲捐9萬

【本報記者王慶偉庫比蒂諾報導】灣區僑界武術、藝術、舞蹈團體23日將所募九萬多元交予欣欣教育基金會,協 助該會在四川災區重建學校的工作,其中漢風藝術中心捐出1萬5550、Sue & Kathy排舞捐2966元、武術界7萬2178元。灣區僑界為四川賑災捐款交給欣欣教育基金會至20日止 ,共有25萬5000元。

美國虎爪基金會、功夫雜誌發行人簡琪表示,美國武術界於5月24日在灣區為賑災舉辦「武術名師表演」,受到 灣區武術界熱烈響應,將當天的門票收入、義賣、樂捐等捐出。

簡琪指出,武術界有許多師父來自四川,學武之人也有份「義氣」,於是有太極傳人李書東、峨嵋派傳人陳朝暉等 人聚在一起,在很短時間完成這場義演,也獲得武術界積極參與,各門派不但展現絕活,同時也為四 川作了好事。

李書東表示,義演是武林人士該做的;而武術界希望這筆錢能重建四川小學,就希望能交給一個具有公信力的組織 ,欣欣教育基金會推動中國偏遠地區建校多年,並有長期監督機制,交給欣欣是最恰當不過。李書東希望為學校的 捐款能長期繼續下去。

漢風行政總監馮占元感謝橡子創業園提供兩萬元作為漢風四川賑災演出場地,而漢風在演出收入也全數捐出,協助 四川地區受損學校重建工作。Sue & Kathy則感謝李書東提供場地給籌款舞會。

欣欣教育基金會會長朱偉人感謝所有捐款人對欣欣的支持。欣欣教育基金會在四川災難救援中,將不會扮演急救者 角色,不會打擾中國政府救災行動,也不會作過錢經手通道。

朱偉人指出,欣欣將於9月之後派出考察團,先從地震災區周圍省份如陝西、甘肅等地開始考察,而後依據各地災 情嚴重程度,「將每一分錢都用在該用的地方」。

朱偉人表示,欣欣因為有許多義工,對中國所建小學在事前評估,修建監督,事後考核都有完整程序。朱偉人說: 「欣欣在四川建有26所小學,其中有四所需要重建,但沒有一所欣欣小學在地震中有人死傷。」

欣欣在四川震災中心汶川建有一所欣欣小學,在這次地震中無人傷亡。

2008-06-24
    If you can't read Chinese, Babelfish it.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

lets hope the money reaches the victims now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.