Thread: LOL!! at the TKD - Hapkido world!!

LOL!! at the TKD - Hapkido world!!

http://www.ustkd.com/dragon.htm

They seem to have gone in business about the same time I started posting as Royal Dragon on the now deceased TOC forum. I had been teaching under that name since the early 90's, informally anyway.

I wonder if these guys stole my name from one of those early wwwboards i used to post on back in the day?

LOL, looks like you have your own school now.

It's not my school though.

I have actually been teaching informally since about 1993, using "The Royal Dragon school of Mind & Body" as a club name. Later, I added the Royal Dragon Kid's Kung Fu club to that in 1997, and in 2001 The Royal Dragon Taiji quan club. I have plans to eventually add Royal Dragon Kung Fu, and tai tzu clubs, all under the original club name listed above. They are sub sections of the main club.

None of which are associated with the TKD school in the link.

Of course it's all kind of parked right now, I have one student who is part time.

I was just kidding with ya. Hope you do well in all you do though.

I should probably trademark my club names. When i started, the only other Royal dragon out there was the large Royal Dragon restaurants.

Now the name is everywhere.

um...i think "royal dragon" is probably far more common than you might think it is especially in context to cultural activities of asian peoples...such as say...martial arts.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Out side of me, in all my years, I have never seen it related to a martial arts school before.

By any chance, do you happen to own the Chinese takeaway around the corner?

Are you talking about "THE" Royal Dragon restaurant?

No, I don't own them. I am dying to go in there with a club shirt on and order though.

You need to do that. We might end up with a thread on Chinese Takeaway Magazine Forums. Some guy named Royal Dragon will claim you took his idea for a name.
    Jack Dempsey: "What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?

It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.

Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile when its bodyweight is set into fast motion."

LOL!! I don't think I have to worry about them. The TKD school maybe. I was using the name 3 years before them though, and technically mine is different because it it Royal Dragon school of Mind & Body, and they are Royal Dragon Martial arts.

Besides, I can name the Chinese Emperor my system comes from, they just have obscure historical inferences to ancient Korean royalty. They are not even sure they do the same system....I know they don't because all they teach is modern Korean stuff, and that all came form Japan in the 1930's

So there is a big enough difference between us i think.