Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bait and switch then used - disappointed in somebody

We meet again...

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    I think you might have over reacted to this a little. First off, you got envited to join a class and you start doing your own thing. Rude? I think so. ...

Wrestling is a sport. It is usually done by rules. If you are ever faced with more than one adversary you will end up getting kicked to death if you go down grappling. ...

If you find yourself in a class where you think the instructor doesn't know his stuff, just find an excuse to leave without making a scene. But any time you are envited to join a class never start doing your own thing. Especially if it is not what the class is all about. I suspect that you will not be envited back.
    LOL x 3 (maybe more)

The point went that way ------>
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    If you are ever faced with more than one adversary you will end up getting kicked to death if you go down grappling. Never try to apply wrestling techniques if you are faced with more than one person. It will get you killed. When several people are attacking you at one time, they will usually attempt to take you down.

You're a fvcking moron.

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    You're a fvcking moron.

and he can't spell
    Bless you

i tottally understand

its like i have an 8 mil stretching in my left ear and it makes it a bit morevunerable say if someone tore it out

people at my gym say it to me
    so i say back, what if someone just runs up from nowhere with a ski mask on and dropkicks you?

he put you in an abnormal situation where you were prepared to make an exit and used it to show off, its retarded.
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    see, everyone does carry a knife with him! your sifu is wise beyond his years!!!!!!!

they do... down here
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    they do... down here
    and more....
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    they do... down here
    well from the stories i hear, south africa is crazy. in the usa most people are too much of a p*ssy to even do anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Aren't YOU in the US?

sounds like he wanted you to finish in a way that you would in a ring, yet with the intention of reacting like a gangster on the street.

which was apparently not clarified.

now if he had said "finish as though we are strangers on the street and i want you dead" I am sure your action would have differed.....
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by zapruder_bjj View Post
    Sounds like you didnt have wirst control...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QInKKHlB51g
    Na, if he'd just gone for the arm bar and not used classroom ethiquet, that rubber knife would have been flying through the air as the punk screemed about his elbow being torn apart. Any but-head can be an effective bully at half speed. That rubber nife cr@pwould not have happened if he'd told MP that it was to have been "real" sparring before the action started.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

It's always interesting to read people's responses.

Lee Chiang Po, I think you need to re-read my first post. We were instructed to do the series of movements/techniques he demonstrated, then follow up ANY WAY WE LIKED. The way I liked was throws and takedowns.

WD - I thought long and hard about whether or not this was my problem or his. I didn't even post this until two weeks after it happened. I ultimately came to the conclusion that it was his. I decided the "tone" of his class was decidedly one of showing me that my general set of responses was "wrong." I forward tripped the guy, followed with a knee to the head from a four point stance and was told it would have been "better" to kick him in the nuts, etc. I dunno - maybe I'm wrong about all of this.

Jack - If he had really wanted to tap into my grappling expertise, it would have been a good time to say "ok guys, we have an experienced grappler in the room. Let's talk about how we counter or escape from his attacks today." I don't mind being a training dummy...just don't really like being the stooge Lucas kinda has the right of it, at least in my mind.

However, it does demonstrate quite clearly the power of repetition and of voice command. He said finish, I mulled it over in my head, and when he said "like you normally would," I finished in a sportive context. Perhaps that is a Mea Culpa.... on the other hand, I did not know his intent. Training is not the ring is not the street...
    Last edited by Merryprankster; 05-20-2008 at 08:36 PM.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Naw Bro, I agree it's his problem. That's not my point. I just don't get why it's bugging you as much as it seems to be. This cat is one of ten thousand idiots of the same ilk. There's nothing anyone can say or do to change this guys opinion. Same goes for most, if not all of his students. I've had people try to do the same thing to me many a times. I've found the easiest thing to do is play along and say, "Wow that's cool." They leave you alone quicker that way.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Oh, I gotcha WD. I actually like the guy, and just thought he was better than that type. So I was disappointed that he did it. That's all. And I pretty much did what you said. Except for the one guy. He just irritated me
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Merryprankster View Post
    It's always interesting to read people's responses.

Lee Chiang Po, I think you need to re-read my first post. We were instructed to do the series of movements/techniques he demonstrated, then follow up ANY WAY WE LIKED. The way I liked was throws and takedowns.

WD - I thought long and hard about whether or not this was my problem or his. I didn't even post this until two weeks after it happened. I ultimately came to the conclusion that it was his. I decided the "tone" of his class was decidedly one of showing me that my general set of responses was "wrong." I forward tripped the guy, followed with a knee to the head from a four point stance and was told it would have been "better" to kick him in the nuts, etc. I dunno - maybe I'm wrong about all of this.

Jack - If he had really wanted to tap into my grappling expertise, it would have been a good time to say "ok guys, we have an experienced grappler in the room. Let's talk about how we counter or escape from his attacks today." I don't mind being a training dummy...just don't really like being the stooge Lucas kinda has the right of it, at least in my mind.

However, it does demonstrate quite clearly the power of repetition and of voice command. He said finish, I mulled it over in my head, and when he said "like you normally would," I finished in a sportive context. Perhaps that is a Mea Culpa.... on the other hand, I did not know his intent. Training is not the ring is not the street...

You were lucky, Merryprankster. You were lucky it wasn't me on the ground.

I've killed men in droves with rubber knives.
    1bad65--They Call Him Ore Ida, the Tater-Terminator
    http://www.freewebs.com/shaolinninjitsu/
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega-Foot View Post
    We had to shut down our first Shaolin Ninjitsu in Shangdong when a key mistranslation of ancient scrolls led to the entire clan bowing down to incense and burning buddhas everywhere in the province.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Takeshi View Post
    Trolling? What does fishing have to do with this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega-Foot View Post
    Ashida Kim taught me everything I ever needed to know about the missile dropkick.

Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po
    If you are ever faced with more than one adversary you will end up getting kicked to death if you go down grappling. Never try to apply wrestling techniques if you are faced with more than one person. It will get you killed. When several people are attacking you at one time, they will usually attempt to take you down.

You're a fvcking moron.

You are probably right about that. However, not moron enough to tie myself up on the ground with someone while his buds kick the crap out of my head. I can tell you that from experience. If you think they will take turns on you, I have to wonder who the moron is. And if you use an arm bar or submission hold, just what the heck do you expect to do with it? You are tied up again while his buds are working your backside. What is so difficult to understand about that? You guys can laugh about it if you want, but until you have experienced it you will never understand if you don't now.