Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Bait and switch then used - disappointed in somebody

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    lol

just save me the hot ones that were un happy in their marriage
    Only because you have the real Wing Chun.

Speaking of which:
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

now THAT is one beautiful song I will definately hum in the spring time.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

So what happens if I throw the guy onto concrete and land on top of him? Do I still get my ribs kicked in?
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

or what happens when you go down and realize multiple people are out to kick the snot out of you, BUT you're the one who has a hidden knife....can you get it into play?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

And what if you go to the ground, but then stand back up? Do you still get kicked in the head?
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po
    If you are ever faced with more than one adversary you will end up getting kicked to death if you go down grappling. Never try to apply wrestling techniques if you are faced with more than one person. It will get you killed. When several people are attacking you at one time, they will usually attempt to take you down.
    Ok, this really needs said: Not all grappling is wrestling. MP isn't a wrestler, so his grappling isn't wrestling. And yes, you can to workan arm bar with someone wailing on your kidneys if your pain thresh hold is adiquate.

Also, he wasn't facing more than one person, so all this "taking it to the ground with multiple attacers" advise is completly out of context. And wrong. You use experience and situational awarness to govern if you take it to the grownd, not the number of people you are fighting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Quote Originally Posted by Water Dragon View Post
    And what if you go to the ground, but then stand back up? Do you still get kicked in the head?
    Or if you fall out of a boxing ring and Apowyn makes like Jimmy Snuka and nails you with a "Superfly" splash?
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Every senario I know with multiple attacker ends up on the ground if it lasts any time at all, so being able to fight your way free from there under those conditions is helpful. Not saying it would be pretty or even clean, but if it gets you out of a kicking cometition where you are the hacky sak....
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

The BEST approach is to run away... and get your payback individually when they are alone. One at a time. With a baseball bat. Patience is key.

Burning everything, enemies included, will also gain you some fear points.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Becca,

Actually, I wrestled in high school and part of college.

Rogue, if you fall out of the boxing ring you get to hear about it for YEARS.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Merryprankster View Post
    Becca,

Actually, I wrestled in high school and part of college.

Rogue, if you fall out of the boxing ring you get to hear about it for YEARS.
    Is that your main style now? If not, I wouldn't call you a wrestler. I'd call you a grappler with an early wrestling backround. Splitting hairs, I know....

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    Is that your main style now? If not, I wouldn't call you a wrestler. ...

Wow, a cruel insult indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    Wow, a cruel insult indeed!
    quote the whole thing booger butt. I said it made him a grappler with an early wrestling backround.

As far as I know he MP only fell out of a ring once so I wouldn't think it's his main style but more of a tactic.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    And what is your experience with grappling? What kind? How long?
    What I often find perplexing is the extent to which people who claim to be traditional martial artists disregard grappling. A lot of the forms I've studied are at least 50% grappling when broken down into applications. Traditional martial arts accepted the importence of grappling and tended to advise heavy drilling in grappling applications.

I think my point is this: some people are trying to morph this into a BJJ vs TCMA thread. I think that is essentially spurious and question the validity of the whole BJJ vs TMA discussion at the outset.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.