Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you...

Lightbulb Would you...

Hi, i came up with a prety abstract idea which some might see in different ways- i have been in quite a few fights and have done well (these are no rules, everything goes brawls) however i have no martial arts expierience at all- none. Now the abstract part- what if i was to rent myself to a dojo or whatever you call it, and be used to test skills in a situation like you are being mugged or somthing- like somone has been taking some kung fu lessons for a while and wants to see if he stands a chance in a street fight- call me up i show up and i attack him with everything i have (in a ring with apropriate protection) i think expierience in actuall fights is way more valuable then some training (not to bragg but i kicked the crap out of a browbelt back in highschool) now before i go around calling up martial arts places do you think this idea has any worth at all. Thanks.

sorry but what did i do to deserve this title allready? i wasn't attacking martial arts in any way if thats the way you took it, the question i was posting is... do you think a mediocre martial artist would benifit from a controlled fight against what would be labled as a 'street fighter' i think the expierience gained from a fight really dose help in practically using teqniques learned. Sorry again if you took the post the wrong way

i think the black belt remark might have been what set you off- im just stating that im not some joe without any expierience...

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I will definately want to rent you, but on the following conditions:
    1. post a pic of yourself
    2. pic should have you in various costumes and clothing to simulate different scenerios, so as to make the "attacks" seem more real.
    3. these are the outfits you should be wearing for the above pics:
    1, Orange prison coveralls to simulate a prison assault
    2. Gang colors-baggy jeans, big T-shirt, bandanna, shades
    3.Biker type-jeans, leathers, chains
    3.Catholic High School Dress-prefferably plaid skirt with a white button down shirt. The buttons should be sewn on with only a little thread so they pop when the shirt is ripped open
    4. Nun's Habbit.-the kind with the wings so you look like Sally Field
    5. I'd like to see you in one of those cute little Betsy Johnson sundresses
    6. definately a ZZ Topp chick-short shorts,red sparkle spike heels, anklets,and cheap sunglasses
    7. My friend's sister. I will e-mail you a pic
    8. your mom

I think it would be a great idea!

What city/state are you in, and what types of Martial Arts schools are near you?

i guess shooting wildly at someone is much better than learning to shoot
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

I'm curious, why did you join this board if you have no MA experience?
    Everyone's favorite wooden dummy

"All over people thinking martial arts is for making sexy body. That one is a wrong. Martial art is for making sexy mind and sexy spirit"- Master Po
    http://www.greencloud.net

Don't be a victim. Be the dominant turkey.

You would have to have some sort of ''Death Waiver'' drafted up. The instructor who's school it is shouldn't be liable in case there was some kind of ''accident''.

[QUOTE=Rhinosaur;862072] ...do you think a mediocre martial artist would benifit from a controlled fight against what would be labled as a 'street fighter' QUOTE]

Nope.

What golden arhat said applies.

A "mediocre" martial artist is usually a student and can benefit more from concentrating on the power and technique of his style than by a contest using protective gear. If done on a regular basis it could be good exercise, though.

jd
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

you want to hire yourself out as a meat puppet to take beatings...

hmmmmn, you really should be trolling fetish sex magazines instead of MA clubs.
    You'll get a beating and some C&B torture and you will get payed for it!

hooray!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

The problem would be with liability. No school owner in his right mind would hire you to participate in a "street Fight" scenario.

However you're right.....years of martial arts does not necessarily make one a badass in the streets. A proper school teaches the way to avoid the fight and to defend yourself if it does happen. A 43 year old guy, 5'5" 130, is not going to slug it out with a 23 year old, 6'4" 260, however through his training he can learn to defend...this is the real skill.

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt View Post
    nurture this one - he has the most troll potential of any seen for some time
    yep, speaking of,....were is mega____?
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman

With the right control, I think this could be a helpful event for a lot of people.

I would also wager that once you got your ass handed to you by someone who is truly top notch (sorry, you can buy a blackbelt online for 20 bucks, or get one in 1 year at a mcdojo) you might find, being a fighter yourself, martial arts has much to offer those who like to fight.

I had a friend who loved guitar. He was really, really good. He could bust out some of the craziest stuff. Once he took music lessons, he was off the charts.....
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

lota negitive remarks here...

Tigers: Im having a little trouble finding a sundress in my size...

Golden: Well yea give a guy some training and hes going to best somone without it, but take a guy who has expierience but no formal training and i would put my money and the 2nd

Dave: fetish sex magazines... ill look into it....

Jong: I joined this forum mainly to see if this was a practical idea- i have some interest in martial arts and thought i could learn some stuff about kung fu in teh procces- however i think judo is a more practical style which would add on to my current skills- but i could be wrong and kung fu might be a better option.

Lucas: Im sure a top notch kung fu'er could lay me out no trouble. Again i have some interest in kung fu and might take a few classes to test it out.

If somone is being trained in self defence i think the expierience gained from 1 close to real fight is worth allot- its like the first time doing anything, you are nervous and not really sure what is going on (if you have ever played school football or somthing- think back to your first real game) and also- you guys are probly trained in allot of different kicks and stuff right? do you think some of the things have any real use in a fight? if you are able to test your skills in a mock fight you will know what is really practical if you do get mugged or somthing. I mean try hammer kicking a guy- if your off by an inch you are done- allot of parts to martial arts are practiced as more of an artform or a dance and not for actually fighting.

however i think judo is a more practical style which would add on to my current skills- but i could be wrong and kung fu might be a better option.

Reply]
    www.McDojo.com called, it wants it's MMA/judo troll back.

I say give it a shot.

My point in my last post is that, regardless of the style you choose, you will probably get hooked on MA. Just like most of us here did when we started to delve deeper into the roots.

I would give a street brawler/scrapper the cash up on people with no experience. This includes most martial artists.

Ive seen too many people over confident, and over eager to use skills they have never truly used before get a nice lesson in humility.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.