Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you...

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhinosaur View Post
    sorry but what did i do to deserve this title allready?
    1. recent sign up
    2. no other activity besides this thread
    3. immediately starting a thread that is so obviously a trolling thread that you should be ashamed of your master for teaching you so poorly and immediately kill yourself. Disclaimer: this is meant in jest. If you decide to off yourself, it's not my fault.

cjurackpt: 1
    new troll: 0
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinosaur View Post
    lota negitive remarks here...
    Yeah, ignore the biatches...

But then again, post a silly question, get a...

Tigers: Im having a little trouble finding a sundress in my size......
    LOL and fair play on taking it well!

As people said: while dealing with naturally talented agressive fighters in a controlled setting is probably very good practice for most low-intermediate level MA practitioners, the liability aspect makes it completely impossible in most places.

Welcome aboard, and have fun with the forum. Troll!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

To answer your question, it is not a good idea. You can not do a controlled fight. Not and make it realistic. It would have to be an all out thing to make it work the way it is designed to work. Both sides actually attempting to kill or seriously injure the other. Unless of course it was some sort of sport fighting, which is something else all together.
    In my life time I have known some people that have never taken a lesson in any Martial Art. However, their fist fighting techniques would in themselves add up to a martial art. Some of the most skilled kicking and punching I have ever seen. Maybe not a complete system, but a series of moves and attacks that work very well, and if one is not really careful could get the heck kicked out of them.
    So, if you are that good, you would have to actually attempt to knock your opponent out or at least knock him down and kick the snot out of him. On the other hand he would have to make every attempt to do the same to you. Someone is most likely to become seriously injured in this type of encounter. You or your adversary neither one could wear gloves or head gear. It would alter the effects of your fighting style or techniques.
    So, no martial arts school is going to allow this sort of thing due to liabilities. And you would be very likely to be seriously hurt. If you really want to get down and roll, just find a good dojo and join up. Do it right with people that also like to do it.