Thread: Questions from Biu Gee

Questions from Biu Gee

Hey guys I wonder if somebody could help me by telling me the name of the technique that rises on the side of the body using the blade of the hand, it looks like an "inverted rising fak sao" hehe

Also the last technique of the form when people seem to point to the floor and then suddenly rise he hands to the sky.

Thanks

rcv4y?

I dont know what kind of biu jee you do or where you learned withpout seeing you do it But-
    as far as names.

1. Sounds like you are talking about "fak sao" which uses the pinky side of the arm and bridge.

2. the other motion that you mention- some call it "sam pai fut"-though many call the first section of slt-the sam pai fut. Since both hands are close together and you "dip" and "rise"-it makes sense to label that biu jee motion as sam pai fut.

joy chaudhuri

PS- I mis-spelled r4cy.So many different handles on the forum

Quote Originally Posted by r4cy View Post
    Hey guys I wonder if somebody could help me by telling me the name of the technique that rises on the side of the body using the blade of the hand, it looks like an "inverted rising fak sao" hehe

Also the last technique of the form when people seem to point to the floor and then suddenly rise he hands to the sky.

Thanks
    1. If you are talking about the motion where while the blade hand is out, the other hand is under the arm pit area - that's Man Sau.

2. This is Saam Pai Fut (Three Bows to Buddha)

YMMV,
    Kenton
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

bil gee cuts as it sweeps and stabs as it bows to avoid a head/neck chop raising hands first in adefensive recovery to 'ducking' like agood boxer ccomes up with hands by his head

..in bil gee the hands/knives lead the body...chop first ask questions later at least 300 years ago being mugged on a dark road at night, coming home from the temple after a hard nights ma jong

faced with a spear the side sweeping action would remove your body from the stab and simultaneously chop/disembowel your would be mugger....tsk tsk such a sloppy mess
    If he had friends you would swing out to cut first so anything coming in the arc as you faced them was already evading or bleeding.

Bil gee is said to be closed door , because if you know the tactics used you know the way your going to be set up , at bare hand level too. One is forever the other is a beating . Same tactics different proximities, both using 'cutting angles' arms n knives .

then they invented the gun an the indiana jones technique of fighting knife weilding maniacs, so we just adopt tactics instead

The ending moves of Bil Jee is usually called Sam Pa Fut. I call it simply a double bil jee followed by double fut sao.
    As for the other move you asked about, I can not visualize what you are describing. It could be most anything. Are you trying to make heads and tails of a book or something?

man sao is the action

Videos easier to get things right for you......

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=6yBYx5VETZw

If you mean the action at 1.50

That is Huen Sao for me (with the turning body) Because its my wrist circling to divert a force, then pressing back to the center with Toi Sao.

It follows the Man Sao's from 90 degrees side to side. The blade hand that follows is Pie Sao for me... although it looks like Guarn Sao which many people use, again my application is different for each action.

I can see why others prefer to call it Fook Sao and not Huen though, it looks like Fook but for me its based on application, hence Huen Sao.

Everyones different.

Thanks
    Thats Fut Sao For me..... its the action at 2.40 in the clip.

DREW
    Training is the pursuit of perfection - Fighting is settling for results - ME

Thats not VT

"This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to"- TOOL

"I think the discussion is not really developing how I thought it would " - LoneTiger108

Its good to be the King - http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=2vqmgJIJM98

Man sao? Is there another term for it? Describe it please.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    Man sao? Is there another term for it? Describe it please.
    I know that wasnt to me but.....

LCP... about 145 into the clip i posted if you can view it.

Left and right Mun Sao follows the double Guarn section in BJ.

Perhaps Kev's is different dunno although i recall hes from WSL line so thats his main man in the clip...

DREW
    Last edited by Liddel; 05-31-2008 at 11:08 PM.
    Training is the pursuit of perfection - Fighting is settling for results - ME

Thats not VT

"This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to"- TOOL

"I think the discussion is not really developing how I thought it would " - LoneTiger108

Its good to be the King - http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=2vqmgJIJM98

isn't it the wang jeung (high side palm)....right after the cup jarn, tan sao biu and then lap with the high side palm.....is that he correct movement that you are talking about?

I got it from a wsl guy too but I might be thinking its a different action than initialy described ?
    does he mean high sidepalm [ raising edge ?]
    Last edited by k gledhill; 06-01-2008 at 06:10 PM.

yeah...Ip Ching refers to the "rising side palm" as a wang jeung and the last techniques where you bend down are "wu tao" or like a high protective move when you are rising from a low position

We had a little joke at training and I used to call the last movement "the getting out of the cake" move.
    Not that Im up to it but Ive been told that it is normally if you have lost your waist, top half knocked forward or are coming up from the ground, to block strikes coming from above that you don't know the direction of. The idea is if you hands move first your head should be protected o the way up.

Quote Originally Posted by bennyvt View Post
    We had a little joke at training and I used to call the last movement "the getting out of the cake" move.
    Not that Im up to it but Ive been told that it is normally if you have lost your waist, top half knocked forward or are coming up from the ground, to block strikes coming from above that you don't know the direction of. The idea is if you hands move first your head should be protected o the way up.
    Similar to diving. When you dive in a pool or lake or whatever, it is advisable to have a hand above your head when you come up. That way, it is your hand that hits the bottom of the boat and not your head.
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Quote Originally Posted by bennyvt View Post
    That's exactly the explanation I was taught in TWC and by other Sifus I learned from.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr