Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kill Bill 3

Kill Bill 3

It's always bothered me that there's no thread here devoted strictly to Kill Bill. It gets mentioned numerous times in other threads, and we did three e-zine articles on it, but that was prior to us doing the discussion thread links. So this is a good excuse to start one.

Kill Bill 3 Might Be Filmed in China: Producer
    2007-06-23 21:05:30

The plots of Kill Bill 3 and 4 have been shaped and there is a chance director Quentin Tarantino will return to China to shoot them, an executive producer of the first two films said on Friday.

Bennett Walsh said at the Shanghai International Film Festival the third film involves the revenge of two killers whose arms and eyes were hacked by Uma Thurman in the first stories.

The fourth instalment of the popular kung fu action films concerns a cycle of reprisals and daughters who avenge their mother's deaths, Hangzhou-based newspaper City Express quoted Bennett as saying.

When asked which Chinese director he wants to cooperate with, Walsh said he would most like to work with Jiang Wen, director of Xun Qiang, or "Missing Gun".

"I also want to collaborate with younger directors. I believe there are many outstanding young directors in China who have not been brought into the light," Walsh said.
    Interview with Donnie Yen and Quentin Tarantino on Kungfu Flicks Old, New, and Tarantino’s Upcoming Kungfu Movie Directing Debut KILL BILL!

KILL BILL: Quentin Taratino's Homage to Hong Kong's Kung Fu Cinema

KILL BILL: VOLUME 2: The Last Hurrah for Hong Kong Action in Hollywood?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

io hate QT movies. KB1 is his only movie i liked. KB2 was awful except for the BM training and the fight in the trailer. the rest was tlak tlak talk. hate QT movies for that. only reason dusk till dawn ruled is because Rodriguez was on it. Kill Bill = no cares for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

I didn't like the sword work in any of them, I can't stand Uma Thurman's "fighting ability" and while it was cool to see the likes of Sonny Chiba and Gordon Lau, there was really nothing else worthwhile in the kill bill movies.
    Sure it was cool to see some of the 60's and 70's retro stuff, but eh....all in all not up there in my TOP 10.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Initial reactions

I remember Tarantino saying in an interview that one angle for a sequel would be to have one of the kids of the murdered Viper Gang get revenge on the Bride (I think it was the daughter of Vivica A. Fox's Green Mountain Snake).

He said that he wanted the actual daughter to reprise the role. In a few years, it'll hit the 10yr mark and she'll be old enough but will she be good for the part?

QT is always thinking and has some good ideas most of the time. He does things not for a fan-service but makes the kind of movies that he likes or delves into subject matters that had an influence on his life. I can respect that and am glad their are people like that still around. Granted, not all his movies garner good reviews but I personally don't put much stock in critics. I know what I like and no one will tell me otherwise since people have different opinions on the same topics.

I'm not sure what to think about these upcoming sequels. Sounds a bit reaching...but I will wait for more news.

Take care all.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

its going to be a very long time before QT does the next installments and thats if he does them at all.

Well you need to start Kill Bill 3 with carradine as Bill Not really dying from the 5 point palm deadly fist techique or whatever the hell it was. Seems to me that if the white eyebrow taught Bill personally that he would have showed him the secret to countering the technique should any of his assassins try to use it against him. Create More plot from there. Ill be expecting my check in the mail for the idea
    always willing to help out QT. Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

i think it was stated that bill did not learn the 5 point whateva the **** from pai mei. ****'em he's dead lets not bring him back please for fear of seeing more slow kung fu from david carridine. maybe bill had a son or something.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    maybe bill had a son or something.
    Maybe it's that kid from House of Fury!
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

yeah that kid is good i actually have a friend whose real good friends with him. they both competed on the sports karate circuit and i here he's no joke.

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    Maybe it's that kid from House of Fury!
    I liked that movie a lot. The kid at first didn't strike me as anything special but then his fight came. Looked very impressive...like something that would be taught in XMA. I've only seen them do forms but never actually apply such techniques in real fighting.

But sadly, Bill never had a son. And that would be a bit far-fetched to just conjure one up out of thin air.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    yeah that kid is good i actually have a friend whose real good friends with him. they both competed on the sports karate circuit and i here he's no joke.
    Yeah, he's got skills. His technique with the Jo Staff was impressive and like I had written before, I had never seen XMA style used in actual fighting applications.

Just an aside...usually when people add "sport" to karate, people tend to raise their eyebrows because it is all mostly about competitions and less to do with realistic combat and/or self-defense. Seems to be the opinion of some....just saying.

I give props to that kid but I don't think he'll be in any Kill Bill sequels...
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

Yeah Chinese user name person I agree that Jake Strickland probably couldn't be Bill's son. I mean how could the son be so much better than his dad
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

well the guy is a sports karate compititor not a fighter. never said he was a fighter. and never said he did xma either.

or how about this idea

James Madison's character (bill's brother) doesnt really die of the Black mamba Bite. The properties in the margarita he was drinking nullified the full effects of the venom and only temporarily stunned and knocked out Bill's brother, he wakes up to find darryl hannas character whining about her lack of eyes, he cuts off her head with is hanzo sword, takes all the money lying around that Beatrix Kiddo just left there and goes on a final hunt to take revenge on Beatrix Kiddo for killing Bill.

You could title the movie "Kill Bill's Brother"

TWS
    Last edited by The Willow Sword; 06-01-2008 at 06:51 AM. Reason: add text
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    James Madison's character (bill's brother) doesnt really die of the Black mamba Bite. The properties in the margarita he was drinking nullified the full effects of the venom and only temporarily stunned and knocked out Bill's brother, he wakes up to find darryl hannas character whining about her lack of eyes, he cuts off her head with is hanzo sword, takes all the money lying around that Beatrix Kiddo just left there and goes on a final hunt to take revenge on Beatrix Kiddo for killing Bill.

You could title the movie "Kill Bill's Brother"

TWS
    dude.....did you just screw up Michael Madsen's name? sacrilegious! philistine! i like the idea of him being alive, but not the part about him killing darryl hanna, because then you take out the factor of the three way battle scene at the end. bud vs. the bride vs. blind samurai b!tch. cause knowing tarrintino he's going to make her like a ****ing zatoichi. now that would make a much interesting story. you have darryl stumble out of buds trailer and desapear, bud wakes up still wounded. and he basically spend ten years training to kill the bride same with zatoichi B!tch(funny thing is that they just actually made s female version of the Zatoichi film but thats another thread) and the bride has to mow them down. or even better then that. darryl or bud actually kill the bride mid way through the movie and the daughter has to then train for revenge. meets and becomes friends with vivica's daughter she avenges her mom. vivica's daughter then finds out who her mother was and the film ends with them facing off. which would be a great segway into part three.