Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Doomsday 2012

My book is really not about the Apocalypse really. It's about the paramilitary survival nut and all the changes and things he goes through.

The actual apocalypse is just the back drop and really more of a spoof on apocalyptic dooms day movies/books and paranoid survival freaks than anything.

But was he prepared to fight ZOMBIES!? ~That is where the real threat lies...
    The clouded mind, sees nothing...

carlos castenada peed on a dog.
    where's my beer?

Yeah you have to read the Book World War Z. which they are making a movie of now, i think. Its about that same ole thing where an infection turns a large% of the populous into the living dead, and the survivors have to deal with them. The Book WWZ deals with the Survival Manual that is created should you encounter a zombie and the accounts of people who survived the first major ordeal of Zombies "YAWWWNNNN"

TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

I find it odd that we are conditioned to think that the outside world is hazardous when in fact it's safer than the urban areas and there are many more resources to exploit and survival can be more than just mere survival.

Most of us are not taught any sort of rudimentary hunting and gathering skills and even less so on the construction of shelter and even the creation of fire without matches or lighters and so on.

This fundamental necessary education of a human has been all but removed due to our modernity.

it's a shame and I feel lucky to be someone who can be dropped in the middle of the woods with next to nothing and I can be comfortable with my odds.

Not that I don't like my perc coffee and hot showers, because i do, i'm just saying that perhaps this stuff needs to be re-included in the education system outside of extracurricular activities such as scouts
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I find it odd that we are conditioned to think that the outside world is hazardous when in fact it's safer than the urban areas and there are many more resources to exploit and survival can be more than just mere survival.

Most of us are not taught any sort of rudimentary hunting and gathering skills and even less so on the construction of shelter and even the creation of fire without matches or lighters and so on.

This fundamental necessary education of a human has been all but removed due to our modernity.

it's a shame and I feel lucky to be someone who can be dropped in the middle of the woods with next to nothing and I can be comfortable with my odds.

Not that I don't like my perc coffee and hot showers, because i do, i'm just saying that perhaps this stuff needs to be re-included in the education system outside of extracurricular activities such as scouts
    Reply]
    I agree 100% I can build shelters well, but I am weak on other skills, like making fire without man made tools. I have to use a magnesium fire starter or a flint steal.

I can fish, and probably hunt with a bow. I have been in the woods enough to know can at least get in range to take a clean shot. I am weak on wild edibles though.

As soon as I get a job (or more clients for my business), I will be getting a book called "Botany in a day". It teaches you how to identify edible plants by thier family, so you can learn to find food anywhere in the world.

he really did pee on a dog. im not making this one up.
    where's my beer?

The Happening

Didn't bother to watch the 2012 thing, but THIS new movie looks really freakin' scary!

M Knight's first "R" rated movie. Check out the 2 "Red Band" trailers - the second shorter one is really creepy!

-David

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity View Post
    he really did pee on a dog. im not making this one up.
    who hasn't peed on a dog?
    especially after they pee on your favorite shoes...
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    Reply]
    Now THAT is going in my book marks!! Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

Drop me off in the middle of nowhere with nothing but my trusty toothpick and I will show you at your home one week later with a suntan, million dollar smile and a Lexus filled with half naked women !

That is what I call survival skills !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    I actually think you could do it!
    Its the taiji training you know, people don't realize it, but the true taiji is far reaching and has many hidden secrets, its not all old people in park !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !