Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
I'm not one to waste time on forums with '' made up nick names '' so I leave with this
we have all had a case of the dreaded '' Sifu-itus or Linage-itus '' and we get all wrapped up in our comfort zone blanket with a all the warm little fuzzies that come with it .
we think were special , our Sifu is special and our linage is special , and were so smart for picking the right place to be and train ,,, happens to us all it's part of the allure LOL

Reality is it's mainly BS and a pseudo pyramid / marketing scam
Sorry to actually 'care' about my teacher, his reputation and the memory of Lee Shing! I can relate to exactly what you're saying here, except I didn't 'pick' my teacher from a bunch and he didn't 'choose' me from a line up. It was something more than that, as it was with the five of us that went through the harder times.

One of the reasons we all drifted was because of the pyramid like scams you talk of here, except it wasn't exactly like that for me personally as I never really 'paid' to learn. Maybe most people just have a reaction to a single 'head', but I never really saw any issues in that.

I have never once said that I still train with him, yet peoples impressions of me are already full of the 'young newbie' stereotype.

I also only really learnt a small amount, in comparison to my elders who have been involved in Wing Chun since the seventies. They talked like you do too, especially about previous Sifus sometimes, but they understand why it all happened, and especially who Lee Shing 'was'!