Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pole

Thanks for responding Joy. As ever you make total sense and I only wish more would have your outlook...

I too know of stories of who taught Ip Mans sons other than Ip Man himself, and this too is why I hold them quite close to my heart (although I wish they would reciprocate that feeling lol!)
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

As always, and really the point of the original video, principles is all that really matters. Do whatever "form" you want, no judgement by many here. No ones picking on you Spencer. In a way you're kind of doing it to yourself with some of the just plain inaccurate comments you're making about everyone else in your defense of LS...

Quote Originally Posted by WC1277 View Post
    No ones picking on you Spencer. In a way you're kind of doing it to yourself with some of the just plain inaccurate comments you're making about everyone else in your defense of LS...
    1. I am not defending Lee Shing, not on this thread anyhow! I'm simply sharing my experiences.

2. Please enlighten me dude. What 'plain inaccurate comments' have I made about 'everyone else' exactly? I'm confused

With regards to the clip at the beginning of the thread, I am sorry for getting distracted by other things but I forgot to mention that we do not learn the pole with the left hand in the front either, and this for me is a MAJOR difference.

Anyone else care to comment?
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by Sean66 View Post
    Ok, Spencer. Let's see some examples of this training. Break out the old digital camera and take some footage.
    Okay.

But rather my Sifu than me so if you're on Facebook and friends with him check his latest clip out

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=2&theater
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    1. I am not defending Lee Shing, not on this thread anyhow! I'm simply sharing my experiences.

2. Please enlighten me dude. What 'plain inaccurate comments' have I made about 'everyone else' exactly? I'm confused

With regards to the clip at the beginning of the thread, I am sorry for getting distracted by other things but I forgot to mention that we do not learn the pole with the left hand in the front either, and this for me is a MAJOR difference.

Anyone else care to comment?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Whatever you may do- if the left hand comment is about ed's video you have jumped to wrong conclusions...we do the pole on both sides.. left hand front and also right hand front... balanced
    ambidexterity.!!

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Whatever you may do- if the left hand comment is about ed's video you have jumped to wrong conclusions...we do the pole on both sides.. left hand front and also right hand front... balanced
    ambidexterity.!!

joy chaudhuri
    Ah okay, it's becoming clearer now. But what do you train first then? Left or right side?

Personally, we were not allowed to drill the left side until everything was spot on with the right first.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Pole Form

I am yet to learn the pole form... but this got me thinking. Mai Gei Wong Wing Chun lineage, I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uozp2...layer_embedded
    No mocking, tongue-in-cheek signature here... move on.

I am yet to learn the pole form..
    What!???

How long have you been training?

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    What!??? How long have you been training?
    Two weeks and 3 days. Why? Should I have started sooner?

In the Leung Ting WT method, coming up to 4 years. Before that, in Wing Chun (Yip Chun lineage, loosely, i.e. Kevin Chan), a couple of years in the UK.

But lots of time in martial arts generally. In between my two Chun lineages: a few years of internal stuff, some occasional training in Japanese materials (I have many friends who have been training in Japanese arts for decades), some South East Asian stuff, purely via friends from Malaysia and Indonesia. And, of course, some Thai Boxing when I lived in Bangkok, but that was when I was fresh out of Uni (centuries ago). No BJJ, though I have now have access to some good people... I just don't have access to any time. LOL.

So yes, no WT pole form for me, though I have started basic pole exercises and development stuff.

But no rush. Though I find it fascinating. Post up a clip of your pole form!

Quote Originally Posted by BPWT View Post
    Two weeks and 3 days. Why? Should I have started sooner?

In the Leung Ting WT method, coming up to 4 years. Before that, in Wing Chun (Yip Chun lineage, loosely, i.e. Kevin Chan), a couple of years in the UK.

But lots of time in martial arts generally. In between my two Chun lineages: a few years of internal stuff, some occasional training in Japanese materials (I have many friends who have been training in Japanese arts for decades), some South East Asian stuff, purely via friends from Malaysia and Indonesia. And, of course, some Thai Boxing when I lived in Bangkok, but that was when I was fresh out of Uni (centuries ago). No BJJ, though I have now have access to some good people... I just don't have access to any time. LOL.

So yes, no WT pole form for me, though I have started basic pole exercises and development stuff.

But no rush. Though I find it fascinating. Post up a clip of your pole form!
    Dude I didn't want your life story.

If you have been training Wing Chun for 4 years and havent learnt any pole then something is wrong. Mind you saying that I never learnt it in the Ip Chun lineage. It was only for tradition. No sparring

Dude I didn't want your life story.
    Of course you did. In this lovers' tiff you need ammunition to throw back at me.

If you have been training Wing Chun for 4 years and havent learnt any pole then something is wrong. Mind you saying that I never learnt it in the Ip Chun lineage. It was only for tradition. No sparring
    Wing Tsun, not Wing Chun, for 4 years. How dare you!

The time has really flown by, and there is a lot to be training and developing (you know, the wheats not in your PB bagel - see other thread) - so like I said, no rush to be learning the pole or the knives just yet.

Though at 39, time is maybe not on my side

Of course you did. In this lovers' tiff you need ammunition to throw back at me.
    I don't need no ammo. You practice WT FFS! lol

Wing Tsun, not Wing Chun, for 4 years. How dare you!
    WT is worse lol

The time has really flown by, and there is a lot to be training and developing (you know, the wheats not in your PB bagel - see other thread) - so like I said, no rush to be learning the pole or the knives just yet.
    Maybe when your bank account is a but bigger LT may appear from behind a red curtain and show you his pole

Though at 39, time is maybe not on my side
    Ahhhhhhhhh we are the same age. Thats sweetxxx

Maybe when your bank account is a but bigger LT may appear from behind a red curtain and show you his pole
    You are confused again! I don't train in the EWTO. A full day seminar last year with Leung Ting was about 25 quid, I think.

And don't be dropping 'pole' jokes; with Kevin's admission he would drink goat's blood if PB asked him too, I'M just going to make him admit to something he'll later be terribly ashamed of.

Ahhhhhhhhh we are the same age. Thats sweetxxx
    I didn't want to mention it, you know, in a public forum. The time seemed wrong. And yet, it was like the hand of fate reached out to us. We are twins, Graham. Separated at birth... you were taken by a Sith Lord in Germany. The Sith are kinda cool... but, well, you know how the story ends.

IT IS YOUR DESSSSSS-TINNNNNY.

Quote Originally Posted by BPWT View Post
    You are confused again! I don't train in the EWTO. A full day seminar last year with Leung Ting was about 25 quid, I think.

And don't be dropping 'pole' jokes; with Kevin's admission he would drink goat's blood if PB asked him too, I'M just going to make him admit to something he'll later be terribly ashamed of.

I didn't want to mention it, you know, in a public forum. The time seemed wrong. And yet, it was like the hand of fate reached out to us. We are twins, Graham. Separated at birth... you were taken by a Sith Lord in Germany. The Sith are kinda cool... but, well, you know how the story ends.

IT IS YOUR DESSSSSS-TINNNNNY.
    Ok I'm bored now. You have filled my evening up with happiness and joy. Not the real Joy. He is busy with his mother lines.

Toodle pip B x

15. Quote Originally Posted by bpwt View Post
    i didn't want to mention it, you know, in a public forum. The time seemed wrong. And yet, it was like the hand of fate reached out to us. We are twins, graham. Separated at birth... You were taken by a sith lord in germany. The sith are kinda cool... But, well, you know how the story ends. :d:d:d

it is your dessssss-tinnnnny.

:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d
    "Deepest depth, Where one live with no light, No evil can escape my sticky tentacle, Beware the radiant octopus might !"

www.poulperadieux.com