Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello

Toby, google Wolfgang Lang. He teacheches Shotakan, e-mail him in german and ask him if a Tom Fox ever particapated in a full contact tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Toby, google Wolfgang Lang. He teacheches Shotakan, e-mail him in german and ask him if a Tom Fox ever particapated in a full contact tournament.
    Grammar and spelling aside... why email him in German if he speaks English?

Thats fine with me as well. I did 4 tours in Germany. I speak it alot better then I can write it. I can understand most of what is written as well.

Ahhhhhhhhh...Army life,how I miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by zapruder_bjj View Post
    Grammar and spelling aside... why email him in German if he speaks English?
    Either way is fine with me.

Thats fine with me as well. I did 4 tours in Germany. I speak it alot better then I can write it. I can understand most of what is written as well.

Ahhhhhhhhh...Army life,how I miss it.

I will help you along and show one mistake...what you were going for was A LOT; notice the space between a and lot. If you would like I can do this for all your posts, I can help you with your grammar and you can give me the secret of keeping white hair white, and not that dingy yellow.

LOL...I started turning gray when I was in my 20's. My son has the blonde hair and blue eyes,
    1bad wanted someone to translate German, not me.

Well, I sent an email. We'll see what happens.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Well, I sent an email. We'll see what happens.
    FYI, I sent mine on May 17th. I have received no reply.

Toby, could you please also inquire as to whether Mr Lang posted on Fox's forum?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    FYI, I sent mine on May 17th. I have received no reply.
    Maybe the German and formal politeness (more difficult to convey in written English) will make a difference. I sent it to two email addresses, one for Wolfgang's school's main contact email and CC'd I presume his direct email that appeared in one of the links in my google search. FWIW I emailed before Euro breakfast time and it's now mid-afternoon so if he's regularly on the internet he will probably have read it in the next few hours. Neither email bounced.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Toby, could you please also inquire as to whether Mr Lang posted on Fox's forum?
    If I get a reply I'll take it as a chance to follow up with this question, but I'm reluctant to post another email straight away. Otherwise if I get no reply in a few days or maybe a week I'll resend my original and append the question.

Tom, maybe next time you speak to Wolfgang you can ask him to reply to my email as a favour to you? I worded it as though I was doing a favour to you since that's what it would be if he answers, essentially clearing your name.

On an unrelated note, I always thought Wolfgang was such a cool name . Especially the common abbreviation, Wolfie .
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

LOL...I started turning gray when I was in my 20's. My son has the blonde hair and blue eyes,
    1bad wanted someone to translate German, not me.
    ****!!! There is no hope or me then, you got to look all distinguished and regal at a young age!

UPDATE!!!!!:

Nothing as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post

On an unrelated note, I always thought Wolfgang was such a cool name . Especially the common abbreviation, Wolfie .

I agree. That's my dog's name!

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    I agree. That's my dog's name!
    It was the name of my first truck...and of course I used a V instead of W sound when I said it.

So any news on the great Wolfgang that knows what is going on on all the forums but never checks hi email?

My dog is a hybrid wolf, her name is Heide. I also have a male boxer his name is Mack. like the truck.