Thread: Herbs for anxiety and depression

Question Herbs for anxiety and depression

Would this be a good herbal supplement for a person (female) suffering from panic attacks and depression? Shi Yi Wei Wen Dan Tang Jia Jian

Thanks in advance.

Chud,

The formula you are inquiring about is for a specific constellation of symptoms indicating a mixed diagnosis of heart and gallbladder qi deficiency with trapped heat. This is actually a pretty complex diagnosis, and the formula is fairly cold in nature.

I wish I could give you a simple yes/no answer. But in TCM we have many patterns to describe a single disease, and many diseases fit a single pattern. As such, panic attacks and depression are symptoms we would use along with everything else going on in her body, to determine the actual diagnosis, and to create an appropriate herbal formula.

In short, it would be best to consult an acupuncturist / herbalist to at least get a working diagnosis, the finding an appropriate formula is easier and the results will also likely be better.

peace

herb ox

I agree with herb ox that caution should be used. Do you live near any chinese herbaists? A consultation and herbs is generally cheap (unless they are associated with a western medicine practice).
    Bless you