Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Practice As Much As You Can Recall

Quote Originally Posted by No_Know View Post
    If you would, look at my take-down aversion and see how it compares or fairs with what you do, thanks.

Warning: Manbreasts in this clip.
    Things to do on my way to the kitchen(shirtless)

No_Know

What kind of takedown exactly are you hoping to avert? And in the name of all that is good and holy, please wear a shirt in all future videos.

cjurakpt Guest
    Note:whatever whomever calls the moves, the action should be descriptive of the action so that the action is understandable merely by the name)
    since you are interested in the correctness of names, FYI, it's not "Part Wild Horse's Mane" as if you are doing the parting; it's "Wild Horse Parts (its) Mane", as in the "throwing off" motion a wild horse makes w/it's head as it's running, causing it's mane to whip from one side to the other - which supports the "energy" of the application, which is a throw;

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    What kind of takedown exactly are you hoping to avert? And in the name of all that is good and holy, please wear a shirt in all future videos.
    maybe the idea is to get you to avert your eyes?
    Last edited by cjurakpt; 07-13-2008 at 05:31 PM.

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    unkokusai, the video clip was in line with the post. My saying check out the take down aversions were accessable on the same page as the video clip. Also, I posted two clip links after the things to do on the way to the kitchen.

2nd Charge address

first charge address

cjurakpt, thank you for pointing those out.

No_Know
    Last edited by No_Know; 07-14-2008 at 05:25 AM. Reason: get to everyone.
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

unkokusai, the video clip was in line with the post. My saying check out the take down aversions were accessable on the same page as the video clip. Also, I posted two clip links after the things to do on the way to the kitchen.

2nd Charge address

first charge address

cjurakpt, thank you for pointing those out.

No_Know

I have to say that I don't have a lot of confidence that what you were doing in those vids is going to help you stop a real takedown attempt. In all of them your legs were more or less straight and you didn't change your level much at all. You seem to be making a lot of assumptions about where the head will be and don't (as far as I can tell) address the momentum of the shot at all.

Have you drilled against a live opponent?

Blog Entries
    I have to say that I don't have a lot of confidence that what you were doing in those vids is going to help you stop a real takedown attempt.

"In all of them your legs were more or less straight"

I find straight helps with movement and prefer more move over stand when facing a charge, perhaps.

"and you didn't change your level much at all."

Bending too much (passed my feet), I might lose leverage. Also, the far ther forward I might think the more momentum the person has to move me. Every bit that I am passed the front of my toes is room for me to absorb force but unless I nullify it completely, the remaining force carries my leaning backwards, then to my neutral, then over. Even nullified that commitment is near enough one hundred percent that any action after, I'm a puppy. Because there is more than the one technique likely, I must choose actions that give me significant options After the one technique I can see and prepare for the unseen technique that I begin to feel or had expected as one of several practical attempts After the one technique I could see. Or some such perhaps.

"You seem to be making a lot of assumptions about where the head will be"

That's right. To have an effective take down there is a range of position the charger Must have for reasonable charges. From observation the range can be head near waist level hitting with the shoulder, to head at level of target's neck/upper chest (this usually might be accompanied by yelling of some sort--particularly a build-up vocalization perhaps). Theoretically acknowledging this range as correct-ish. My Address must vary to be appropriate for the high and the low of the charge...but It seemed to me there were only so many places the head would be for a charge, and I have absolutely predetermined a fairly unyielding range. Please, find a charge with head position significantly outside of my stated determined range.

"and don't (as far as I can tell) address the momentum of the shot at all."

I am thinking I might probabally stumble some. I am not including moves that occure when force is applied,it seems. They will naturally show-up, with understanding. There is a step back. And there is a turn--a pivot on the front foot-heel. This allows the head through. Guiding the head though slightly pulls the momentum away supposedly and my pivot is in the front because the force is passing. The closer I am to the force the more control I have at directing/nudging/guiding it.

In some versions I pivot from faceing the person to seeing the person's back. This might be called blowby, where a forcehits against you and you barely move but move or get moved enough that the brunt of the force passes, perhaps some such.

Also, I guard my shoulder because it seems if they are going by me the hand which would have clinched my buttock/thigh/knee/leg can sweep over my shoulder and connect with my face or grab neck or hair on the way passed or down.

"Have you drilled against a live opponent?"

Basically No. Only in my Mind and that was not full speed. As the leg take part of the charge does not happen with how I address the charge...I No_Know

No_Know
    Last edited by No_Know; 07-16-2008 at 10:06 AM. Reason: spellings, spacings, more full descriptions
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

"Have you drilled against a live opponent?"

Basically No. Only in my Mind and that was not full speed

Um, yeah, ok, you really need to, because what you are doing is not likely to have the effect you are hoping for.

Blog Entries
    Not likely in what ways or for what reasons, if you would.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for your mention, unkokusai. Yes it might not have the results I theorized. And subject to continuous testing I should be more greatly informed.

I No_Know

Blog Entries
    TCC clip 3;No_Know's Understanding

Seeing how it looks this moment. Wild Horse's Mane Part and Brush Knee and Push and Repulse Monkey.

No_Know

Blog Entries
    Feet should straitghten in the front at the beginning of the technique. But this is more about show what you understand.

I No_Know.

Blog Entries