Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WC in Beijing and Shanghai

there is a cheung bo lineage school in Shanghai I will try to find the locaion

I think LFJ is based in Shanghai.

eventually police stepped in to arrest thug leader Rong Xuefeng, for his own safety.
    That makes total sense...

Quote Originally Posted by zuti car View Post
    there is a cheung bo lineage school in Shanghai I will try to find the locaion
    Hmm, I know which one that is. I saw a couple years ago the instructor drew some heat for telling people Westerners can't do Wing Chun as well as Chinese, against a foreign guy who was running a WT school and doing pretty well. He was then invited to an open ring contest with rules of his choice to prove his point. Then he went quiet. Personally, from what I've seen, his style looked weird and terribly impractical. Probably why he ran away after being called out for running his (racist) mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Hmm, I know which one that is. I saw a couple years ago the instructor drew some heat for telling people Westerners can't do Wing Chun as well as Chinese, against a foreign guy who was running a WT school and doing pretty well. He was then invited to an open ring contest with rules of his choice to prove his point. Then he went quiet. Personally, from what I've seen, his style looked weird and terribly impractical. Probably why he ran away after being called out for running his (racist) mouth.
    Strange , I know this guy had some western students .

Here is the web address

http://www.vingtsun.org.cn/jyt/

http://www.longwukungfu.com/

Yup, that's the school. They said foreigners couldn't teach Wing Chun as well as Chinese, I guess as a way to discourage people from going to that other school. That was like 4 years ago. But it didn't work. The other school had 50+ students.

Here's one of their clips. You can judge what they do for yourself. It makes LTWT look decent to me.
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/yKzSX2cjUuY/

Yup, that's the school. They said foreigners couldn't teach Wing Chun as well as Chinese, I guess as a way to discourage people from going to that other school. That was like 4 years ago. But it didn't work. The other school had 50+ students.

Here's one of their clips. You can judge what they do for yourself. It makes LTWT look decent to me.
    Racism is common among Chinese , well , among Taiwanese anyway . I don't have a problem with what they do, it is their view of the art , different than mine but i would not judge what I do not know or understand .LTWT is totally OK (unless it is EWTO version)

It runs deep on the mainland too. Shanghainese even hate outsiders coming to the city from elsewhere in China. Everywhere outside Shanghai is low class peasant land.

Well, you thought the application he showed looked practical? That's what I was referring to, not just how they do their forms and whatnot. I've watched several of their videos and their applications are ridiculously unrealistic.

It runs deep on the mainland too. Shanghainese even hate outsiders coming to the city from elsewhere in China. Everywhere outside Shanghai is low class peasant land.

Well, you thought the application he showed looked practical? That's what I was referring to, not just how they do their forms and whatnot. I've watched several of their videos and their applications are ridiculously unrealistic.
    It is the same here , everybody hates everybody else and in my case that is extremely true , I am Serbian so even the westerners hate me

About applications, I could say the same for 90% of all wing chun styles but I rather not comment , people put a lot work in that and I don't want to undermine anybody's work .

Quote Originally Posted by zuti car View Post
    About applications, I could say the same for 90% of all wing chun styles but I rather not comment , people put a lot work in that and I don't want to undermine anybody's work .
    Like saying Westerners can't teach as well as Chinese is undermining maaany people's work, and not based on actual data.

While I'm not very keen on LTWT, that instructor who was here was not afraid to get into the ring and spar the MMA guys. So that instantly gains more respect from me than people who run their mouths and then disappear when called out on it to be tested.

Anyway...

Like saying Westerners can't teach as well as Chinese is undermining maaany people's work, and not based on actual data.

While I'm not very keen on LTWT, that instructor who was here was not afraid to get into the ring and spar the MMA guys. So that instantly gains more respect from me than people who run their mouths and then disappear when called out on it to be tested.

Anyway...
    Opinion must be based on something , if not on actual data then on prejudice . Prejudice is directly connected to stupidity and primitivism. I have to live with that every day ...

We had guys come from that school come and roll with us at Peter Hsu's school in Shanghai, and to be frank it was crap. Controlled and manipulated at will by even the lesser experienced students.
    i was still living in China when he made those comments about laowais (foreigners) not being able to teach WC, and a challenge was issued. A date and place was set up and he backed out and disappeared completely....chickens**t