Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My mental endurance sucks!

standing stake practice

Quote Originally Posted by Su Lin View Post
    What's that?
    http://www.answers.com/topic/zhan-zhuang?cat=health

Quote Originally Posted by No_Know View Post
    Take a short stick---pen, bar, stick not more than a pound. Flip it once. Go forten to onehundred half flips. Do this throughout a day or at least once.

The other is to pull a pen from it's cap an return the other end in the cap. repeat this. Do ten to one hundred returns.

Both are actually to be done to one thousand but adjusted for your possible availability to exercise long as low~.

I No_Know
    you fuking terrify me man.
    where's my beer?

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries

Squirrel and Focus Exercises of said

While making-up Squirrel I used what I understood was Kung-Fu's model--History, Principles, forms, weapons. I didn't really have history which is why I would not regard Squirrel a Kung-Fu. I made this stuff-up put it together out of concept and Hmmmm. I do not mean to compare it to authentic established stuff. Principle there was at least what I liked of fighting strategy of hit at one level , another becomes available--hit high then low, hit low then high...Forms started from the first form which started as a squirrel stands. And weapons I liked cybols from movies and the flute and fan. But cymbols are not mine although cool. A flute seemed to be a short stick. And a fan was a short stick with webbing and is super nice to win a fight and be there hitting cool poses fanning yourself with the losers defeated around you or limping off or running away. This makes a fan a cool points item yet the durability seems low. it has it's uses and I still carry one. I might could use it for protection defense situations but I could also use a flyeror paper cup hopefully, a fan for me is just a nice thing more than a weapon. I chose railroad tie as Squirrel's weapon (main (the brain is perhaps the primary Squirrel weapon).

I dropped fighting theory from Squirrel and only block or get hit--attacking created greater vulnerability. I come-up with exercises. And one night I drew a pen from it's cap like a sword drawn from it's scabbard--me thinking about a Squirrel technique perhaps. But there got to be a concept of thousands, in Squirrel--doing things a thousand times. Probabally from Japanese swordsmanship understanding I got mixed-up. But one does a thing a thousand times and that one will attain a level of competancy at that such that it no longer needs to be trained again for a while anyway--a thousand times oat one sitting or a several times a day every day until it's done.

I did only one thing a thousand times. Not sure if it was half flip of a railroad spike or of a fan, or sword drawing a pen from its cap then replace with the other end. But whichever, I thought it to be a vehicle foto focus--improving precision or mental keen-ness/acuity/ endurance?/durability/toughness...it seemd a thing to be done.

No_Know
    Last edited by No_Know; 06-14-2008 at 05:28 PM. Reason: More to be said
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity View Post
    you fuking terrify me man.
    a pithier phrase was ne'er uttered by man...