Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is the best style of kung fu

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Alan Orr seems to have no problem integrating the two either.

There are countless other top-flight examples too.

Simon's talking bollocks. It's OK, we all do it from time to time... hell, I'm a bit of a past-master myself.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    What a load of crap.
    Apparently I was talking out of my ass.

Move along, nothing to see here.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    BSR: The "newbie" set off our troll detection system even before he started multi-posting his over-asked question all over the board. The fact that he took advice regarding the compatability of WC with BJJ (considering the well-known emnity between highly placed proponents of the two arts) and the greatness of styles like "hu flung poo" point to the fact that he REALLY is a troll.
    i have three words for you, suck my ****!

Suck your asterix.

Wow, you are a word smith.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by thenatural View Post
    i have three words for you, suck my ****!
    I think in your case that counts as 2 1/2 words...

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt View Post
    I think in your case that counts as 2 1/2 words...
    awww snap!

This has to be one of the most amusing threads I've read in ages. (Don't be fooled by the fact that I appear a newbie, I've just never posted on this forum. I only joined it recently as I normally only read. I'm an WC practioner of 8 years in the UK and quite used to MA protocol in these forums!).

Poor bloke (TheNatural) I was P*ssing myself over the Hu Flung Pu one!! Not to mention the one legged Taoist story! You should all take Oscars!

But yes this has to be one of the most debated of all questions. And we all know the answer, depsite us thinking our own arts are great and of course WC is the best! :-) But the bigger answer is: ITS NOT THE ART ITSELF BUT THE PERSON BEHIND THE ART THAT MAKES IT GREAT.

WC works for me, but then I have the body type for it as opposed to say BJJ. JDK worked for ole Bruce, and it may work for other people, but that was HIS slant on things. Remember that whenever people combine/ simplify an art they miss bits out - they take what is best for them and leave out what doesn't suit their needs. This is not a judgement - but bear in mind when you learn an abbreviated system that bits are left out may benefit you.

The answer, I feel, dear Mr TheNatural, is for you to do with Kung Fu what you are doing with TKD etc - go and look and try. Only after trying different styles will you know what may or may not suit you. Take advice, sure (there were a couple of really good posts on here) but try things out. You cannot read FEELING from a book, you cannot learn all from text.

On a lighter note lads - good fun reading :-)

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    60% of the time, 100% of San Shou looks like Long Fist.
    88% of people know that.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Wood Dragon View Post
    Royce could choke them all out.
    True fact, Royce Gracie once made a corpse tap.
    Of course Chuck Norris once brought the dead back to life, just so he could kill him again.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !