Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A true story of Huo yuanjia

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post

Now, please, are you going to try seppuku or not?
    Sure.

Okay, I've got two hot big breasted ladies on my bed. There's some nacho sauce on the nightstand, with six shots of Tequila lined up, with one empty glass as specified. Okay, the disco ball is rotating steadily at 1.5 miles per hour, and I'm putting the doo rag on my head right now as we speak....

But after that, I'm lost.

HELP! The girls are getting cold, and I don't want them to leave before I finish my spekaue!

What's the next step?

This thread is about to become a sticky thread.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    hidden messages in this secret Chinese text

I just got finished with my workout and wasn't in the best of moods. But that was just funny! I needed a laugh dude.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    Dude, I'm watching (due to being at work with limited cable), the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

It's the Championship Gaming Draft:

They're picking video gamers for national teams like a sports draft.

This is the funniest ****ing thing I've seen in a long time. They have three commentators, and it's done like it's actually serious. LOL.....
    The whole "cyberathlete" thing in general is hilarious.

So what does this have to do with suing Jet Li for not smearing the reputation of Huo Yuanjia (consumer of harvests... apparently) in what may or may not have been an historically revisionist film about a martial artist who (allegedly) didn't actually do martial arts...

While founding kung fu institutes....

And participating in documented challenge matches...

Including the one he DIED in....
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

"fearless" is just a movie.

--

Jet Li's money is contributed to the relief of si chuan earthquake and other good deeds.

--

Huo was from a poor family and not the rich as protrayed in the movie.

my father's uncle knew Huo in person from tian jing to shang hai.

--

I heard many stories, but they are just stories.

--

"fearless" the movie is just another story "retold" differently.

--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w3yG_l_5Dc

again,

fearless is just a movie or NOT REAL.

SPJ,you are Chinese, right? Could you tell me that where are you now?

I've told the story about Huo yuanjia is very serious, and I might tell people other things about some genuine Chinese martial arts.

It's very sad that some fellows' attitude. This is some words that not care about Chinese martial arts.

SpJ is right , that movie, is just a movie ,not real.

Hi iampanshi,

Try not to take too much offense. We are generally a bunch of clowns around here. Your story was interesting and I wouldn't mind reading more stories, but you have to develop a thick skin around here if you want to participate and survive. Think of it as hanging out at the local pub or bar with a bunch of your buddies. Everyone gets razzed from time to time.

SPJ used to get razzed all the time because his personal style tends to be poetic while us westerners tend to be more direct and somewhat brash. But he is pretty well accepted and has never taken offense, that I can recall, when he has been teased.

Try to take it all as good fun, even the serious stuff and you will do fine. If you take yourself and your stories too seriously you won't last too long here.

Hi Brown,

Thanks for your advises first. Maybe you don't know that I like making jokes a lot with all of my friends , and I never think it's a bad activity. Do you know why I log in here? Because I want to find somebody. Although I just use English that I learn by myself. I'm always hard to describe the things what I thought.

I'm an interesting person. But this story is not funny. and I'm not just tell stories here, I want to tell the truth in Chinese history. What's more, I want to tell you the real Chinese martial arts you never heard. Maybe you knew some of martial arts, but they are totally can't stand for the highest level of Chinese martial arts. Because you can see that all of them just say they are very good at boxing instead of doing it. For example, there are few of them can ready for fight with Thai boxing.

It is not about surviving thing or others, if I can't find friends, I will leave quietly.
    Last edited by iampanshi; 06-16-2008 at 06:03 PM.

That is a very interesting story.

So, what you are saying is that the Huo Yianjia is not the man that everyone was led to believe from the movies? He had no wushu? Was it due to his political involvement with Japanese occupation that these stories began to involve him and Jinwu? What was Huo's connection with Jinwu?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

there are many books/novels, tv series, movies about him and founding of jin wu men.

"fearless" was just a most recent one starred by jet li.

won't be surprised that yet another version of the story and movie about him popping up again say several years if not a decade from now and starred by yet another young movie actor.

so which is the true one which is the made up part?

--

it is only human nature to twist and turn a favorite story.

and add some positive value to a known person over and over.

--

We got the evidence.

Please read the blog:http://blog.qooza.hk/wudequanshu

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    oh sure! It's right there in black and white.
    in chinese.

Whats next?
    Wong Fei Hung was a cross dresser?
    Pak Mei did needle point?
    Yip Man was really a really a Northern Mantis guy that loves to screw with his students?

Silly crap.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !