Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Stone Warrior?

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    this is the main benefit i get from qigong sets, both soft and "hard" qigong.

i do it after weight lifting and it reduces muscle and joint soreness and i recover faster
    Do you both soft and hard qigong after your workout of just soft. These days I usually go for a light run or do some laps in the swimming pool. It seems to help me recover faster.
    Behold. Mighty Ross. His coming was foretold in the Book of BaWang. He will come with a Vengeance on David, Son of Jamie. The Warring Trolls will unite across the Forums of Ching. And the Virgin Warrior, Pure-Hearted Lucas shall be offered up in Sacrifice to appease His Wrath. His Truth will ring in the hearts of the Kickboxers, and They shall be Glorified forevermore. Peace be upon you, Internet Traveler.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
    Do you both soft and hard qigong after your workout of just soft. These days I usually go for a light run or do some laps in the swimming pool. It seems to help me recover faster.
    i do hard when i dont have access to gym. i do soft after weightlifting. i also run and take contrast hot/cold showers to help blood flow.

keep in mind that i customize my qigong. stuff like iron wire is not gonna help you.
    Last edited by bawang; 03-25-2013 at 08:59 AM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

i do hard when i dont have access to gym. i do soft after weightlifting.
    Any particular qigong form? Can you use a taijiquan form?
    Behold. Mighty Ross. His coming was foretold in the Book of BaWang. He will come with a Vengeance on David, Son of Jamie. The Warring Trolls will unite across the Forums of Ching. And the Virgin Warrior, Pure-Hearted Lucas shall be offered up in Sacrifice to appease His Wrath. His Truth will ring in the hearts of the Kickboxers, and They shall be Glorified forevermore. Peace be upon you, Internet Traveler.

Any particular qigong form? Can you use a taijiquan form?
    no, i learned proper qigong from real teacher, then customized the exercizes.

no, i learned proper qigong from real teacher, then customized the exercizes.
    Thanks. Are the movements of the qigong similar to the movements of your weightlighting routine? I guess I'll have to stick to running or swimming.

Thanks. Are the movements of the qigong similar to the movements of your weightlighting routine?
    yes

I guess I'll have to stick to running or swimming.
    qigong is supposed to increase your growth hormone level, thats its main benefit i want to get.

Thanks. Are the movements of the qigong similar to the movements of your weightlighting routine? I guess I'll have to stick to running or swimming.
    There is not much better than easy swimming for workout recovery!

qigong is supposed to increase your growth hormone level, thats its main benefit i want to get.
    Still trying to grow taller are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    if you can swim after your workout, it wasnt a good workout.

Still trying to grow taller are you?
    im trying to grow longer

If you are that exhausted after every workout you will not be stimulating testosterone production, you will diminish its production, and thus grow smaller!

im trying to grow longer
    That was my second guess!

I believe so. My workout usually consist of dynamic stretches for warmups, weightlifting (sets of heavy weights for a few reps) followed by cardio.

im trying to grow longer
    So that what it's for?

If you are that exhausted after every workout you will not be stimulating testosterone production, you will diminish its production, and thus grow smaller!

how the hell do you run and swim after bench press and squat? are you cyborg with robot joints and battery powered muscles?

I believe so. My workout usually consist of dynamic stretches for warmups, weightlifting (sets of heavy weights for a few reps) followed by cardio.
    everybody is different, for me personally i would get injured or overtrain if i do any tiring exercises after, and i figured out my personal limits from trial and error.

how the hell do you run and swim after bench press and squat? are you cyborg with robot joints and battery powered muscles?
    You mean you are not?

The swimming is EASY swimming. It is for recovery assistance NOT conditioning!

everybody is different, for me personally i would get injured or overtrain if i do any tiring exercises after, and i figured out my personal limits from trial and error.
    I usually go by feeling too. I like to finish my workout feeling like I'm ready for my day. For example, I may feel like I have enough to do two more sets if I push myself but I'll stop right there. Same with my cardio.