Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Stone Warrior?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    You mean you are not?

The swimming is EASY swimming. It is for recovery assistance NOT conditioning!
    im scared of water, i only learned doggie paddle for survival.

swimming isnt gonna give you natural sterodz and power of 9 ronnie colemans. meditation does mang

also i do light repetition work after i do heavy weights, so i get cramps if i run
    Last edited by bawang; 03-25-2013 at 09:28 AM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    im scared of water, i only learned doggie paddle for survival.

swimming isnt gonna give you natural sterodz and power of 9 ronnie colemans. meditation does mang
    No it won't, but even doggie paddle in 3 feet of water is good for you. Remember it is for recovery assistance. If you want to be like ronnie coleman and do your professor in the poop shoot, you want to recover as quickly from your workouts as you can in order to workout again as soon as possible in order to increase your testosterone so you will get longer and be a heman like ronnie and teach your sexist, racist professor what a REAL man can do to.......er I mean, for her!

No it won't, but even doggie paddle in 3 feet of water is good for you. Remember it is for recovery assistance. If you want to be like ronnie coleman and do your professor in the poop shoot, you want to recover as quickly from your workouts as you can in order to workout again as soon as possible in order to increase your testosterone so you will get longer and be a heman like ronnie and teach your sexist, racist professor what a REAL man can do to.......er I mean, for her!
    i find any cardio for me just exhausts me and leads to overtraining.

to increase testosterone, i massage my testicles. (srs)
    Last edited by bawang; 03-25-2013 at 09:35 AM.

LOL!!! It is NOT cardio!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is barely exercise! It only takes about 5-10 minutes of doggie paddle or breaststroke. I am not even sure how or why it works with recovery, but it does. It reduces after weights muscle soreness! Try it in your backyard wadding pool. That might be shallow enough for you!

You are supposed to ask your sexist, racist professor to do that for you!

LOL!!! It is NOT cardio!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is barely exercise! It only takes about 5-10 minutes of doggie paddle or breaststroke. I am not even sure how or why it works with recovery, but it does. It reduces after weights muscle soreness! Try it in your backyard wadding pool. That might be shallow enough for you!
    dood, its just a preference. im just answering a question. bernard asks who uses qigong for weightlifting, i said i do.

You are supposed to ask your sexist, racist professor to do that for you!
    this is actually real qigong.

One of those weight lifters...
    No cardio, building the car without an engine. My brother has been lifting for years. I made him do one 3 minute round of Thai pads and he collapsed on the floor for like 20 minutes after. Now I force him to run after lifting.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    One of those weight lifters...
    No cardio, building the car without an engine. My brother has been lifting for years. I made him do one 3 minute round of Thai pads and he collapsed on the floor for like 20 minutes after. Now I force him to run after lifting.
    Yeah, but it doesn't have to be immediately after lifting. It can be later in the day, or on non-lifting days!

everybody is different, for me personally i would get injured or overtrain if i do any tiring exercises after, and i figured out my personal limits from trial and error.
    Bawang most people don't squat correctly so it isn't nearly as taxing. Most people don't add weight to the bar every workout either and just do the same weight every time.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

True that Scott.
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    Bawang most people don't squat correctly so it isn't nearly as taxing. Most people don't add weight to the bar every workout either and just do the same weight every time.
    they dont know what it feel to be true warrior.

when i squat, i am like supersayan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin73 View Post
    I will have to find the study, but I just recently read study about the benefits of dynamic tension. Basically the study showed that it did not increase muscle size, if trained as an isometric exercise it was beneficial in increasing strength at the point of the hold to help athletes get over their sticking points.
    Like I said, it has its purpose as a small component of a strength training program.

For example, if someone has a sticking point in the middle of their bench press (meaning the bar gets stuck halfway up), specific isometric exercises (which is different than dynamic tension) done at certain angles may help them overcome that sticking point by building strength specifically at that angle.

Let me specifically point out the following from that example:

1) isometric is different from dynamic tension. Isometric is pushing against an immoveable force. Dynamic tension is your muscles contracting against themselves and both the muscle and its antagonist are contracting.

2) that is used as a small percentage of the strength training program, eg., overcoming a specific sticking point on a specific exercise

None of this means doing dynamic tension will make you bigger and/or stronger.

I can't remember the last part of it, but it had to do with increasing beneficial hormones in the body that would help with recuperation and muscle building when coupled with traditional lifting techniques.
    All exercises increase hormones. People get all hung up on what exercise does it the most. It's not going to make a big enough difference, so just do the exercises that benefit you the best. Whatever exercise you're doing to increase those hormones, you're still getting the benefit of working the muscles, too.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

they dont know what it feel to be true warrior.

when i squat, i am like supersayan.
    So you become blond with blue eyes?!?

Behold. Mighty Ross. His coming was foretold in the Book of BaWang. He will come with a Vengeance on David, Son of Jamie. The Warring Trolls will unite across the Forums of Ching. And the Virgin Warrior, Pure-Hearted Lucas shall be offered up in Sacrifice to appease His Wrath. His Truth will ring in the hearts of the Kickboxers, and They shall be Glorified forevermore. Peace be upon you, Internet Traveler.

qigong is supposed to increase your growth hormone level, thats its main benefit i want to get.
    That's why there are no skinny qigong practitioners and they are all huge bodybuilder looking dudes.

if you can swim after your workout, it wasnt a good workout.
    Uh, no.

You don't have to go to failure or even exhaustion to have a "good workout" (depending on what your goals are).

In fact, regularly going to failure/exhaustion will limit your overall gains.