Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ong Bak 2

Ong Bak 2

Twitch has the trailer.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Nice, very cool, but what's with the elephant fetish ??
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Nice, very cool, but what's with the elephant fetish ??
    Don't know if that question is rhetorical or not.

Elephants seem to have been a big part of his childhood. Things portrayed in movies like Tom Yum Goong are a testament to his culture and traditions (according to him I believe).
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

The Thai People have Long since revered Elephants as part of their mysticism and as a means of travel like the horse was to the Mongols and later the Native Americans. I havent been to Thailand yet but i have friends who have gone there and they tell me that you have to go on the jungle safari trips on the backs of Elephants. The trailer is way cool, although i think trailers of foreign movies sometimes turn out to be better than the movie itself. Especially when the movie is english dubbed. id rather go see it with english subtitles. translating any foreign movie to english can be a bit tiresome and quite frankly, stupid.

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

first ong bak = OVER RATED!!!

some cool stuff but i didnt like it that much. this one looks bad @ss!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    first ong bak = OVER RATED!!!

some cool stuff but i didnt like it that much. this one looks bad @ss!!!
    Actually, the first one was a surprise hit. It had gotten a limited release but still garnered a good following.

Tom Yum Goong had a lot of hype behind it and that movie actually lived up to it...may have surpassed it in my opinion.

I hope this third one is as fudging action-packed as his other movies.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

Looks good!

The fighting looks good, and unique. I just hope it is a better overall movie than Tom Yum Goong. This trailer doesn't make me think it will be.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

It looks good I look forword to seeing it hell it even looks like Jaa has had some kung fu training for some of those fight scenes. When is the release date for it?
    RAYNYSC

well he is trained in wushu.

Thumbs up

This looks like it's going to be a good movie
    If life isn't fair...than why should i be

ITS MULTI CULTURAL!!

See the katana and the chinese iron rings?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    ITS MULTI CULTURAL!!

See the katana and the chinese iron rings?
    Oh no, MMC ( Mixed Martial Culture) !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

It looks like this time out, Tony Jaa's going to fight a Japanese samurai, Chinese southern kung fu stylist, and maybe an Indonesian silat fighter(?). Whatever it is, this one looks like it's gonna be really entertaining. I somehow doubt the story itself is going to be any better than in his previous movies. But it doesn't look like an actual sequel to Ong Bak, as this one looks like a period film.

Dec 5

I can hardly wait...

Holidays come early for "Ong Bak 2"
    Written by Kong Rithdee
    Wednesday, 12 November 2008

"Ong bak 2," the troubled and delayed sequel to Thai martial arts smash "Ong bak" has finally set a release date.

Outing on Dec 5 was confirmed at a press conference Tuesday by star and first-time helmer Tony Jaa.

"Ong-bak 2" cost almost Baht 300 million ($8.8 million), according to Somsak Techaratanaprasert, head of Sahamongkol Film Intl. "And it took three years instead of one-and-a-half, as we originally planned," said Techaratanaprasert.

Earlier this year U.S. and Japanese distributors canceled the pre-buy contracts with Sahamongkol Film for failing to deliver the film on deadline.

"Now that the film is almost finished, I believe we can look for buyers again. The quality of the film will prove itself."

Speaking from Santa Monica, Gilbert Lim, Sahamongkol int'l sales chief, said "our message to buyers was that Tony Jaa is back and that we will have a film for December." Lim said that he had sold smaller territories during the American Film Market, but was holding back major territories until a completed film could be shown. "We are very confident of what we have."

In August, production of "Ong-bak 2" was rocked by the news of Jaa's disappearance from the set and his subsequent squabble with the studio over an allegedly inflated budget.

Jaa returned to the film a month later and refused to talk the conflict with the studio. "I only want to talk about the film," he said. "It's the film that I've put everything into."

"Ong-bak 2" is a period piece set in ancient Cambodia, with Jaa starring as an orphan who goes after the bandit who kills his father.

Having previously been credited as the sole helmer, Jaa now shares the directing credit with Panna Rittikrai, his mentor and Thailand's foremost stunt choreographer.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart