Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ong Bak 2

wow a three story fall. thats a must see stunt
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    The Thai People have Long since revered Elephants as part of their mysticism and as a means of travel like the horse was to the Mongols and later the Native Americans. I havent been to Thailand yet but i have friends who have gone there and they tell me that you have to go on the jungle safari trips on the backs of Elephants. The trailer is way cool, although i think trailers of foreign movies sometimes turn out to be better than the movie itself. Especially when the movie is english dubbed. id rather go see it with english subtitles. translating any foreign movie to english can be a bit tiresome and quite frankly, stupid.

Peace,TWS
    I spent almost a month in Thailand and never saw one Elephant but then again I was in Bangkok and the Islands not the jungle
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Blog Entries
    I loved ong bak 3. The story had some holes, but I just used my imagination. The fight scenes were incredible! Tony jaa is a truly gifted athlete. My favorite scene was when he used drunken style.

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi warrior View Post
    I loved ong bak 3. The story had some holes, but I just used my imagination. The fight scenes were incredible! Tony jaa is a truly gifted athlete. My favorite scene was when he used drunken style.
    Don't you mean Ong Bak 2. Three doesn't come out until December.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostexorcist View Post
    Don't you mean Ong Bak 2. Three doesn't come out until December.
    Yea, sorry. Typo.

I saw it earlier today and have mixed feelings about it. Story-wise, IMO it's a step back from his last film (Tom Yum Goong) and a big step back from the first Ong Bak. Which isn't saying much, since none of them have a great story. But at least the first Ong Bak had good continuity. OB2 seems like a bit of a mess.

The good things include, of course, the fights. I think Tony Jaa really does show something new here over his previous films. The use of several different weapons, as well as southern Hung Gar-type hand techniques and some stance work. Plus, I actually liked his rendition of the cinematic drunken style better than I've seen in most films featuring the 'drunken' style. The cinematography is good as well, except when showing too many close-ups of ugly villains with bad teeth (which is probably how it was with most people back then, though).

In terms of a pure physical talent, IMO Tony Jaa is by far the best in movies right now, but he really needs to start making better films that are more than an excuse for the next fight scene. Jeeja's first film, Chocolate, had a better storyline, better characters, and even better acting than any of Jaa's films. Pure physical talent in MA fight scenes can only take you so far.

***spoiler alert***

The biggest disappointment is the ending. It's one of the worst that I've seen, and I left feeling cheated out of the whole reason for the storyline in the first place. I got the feeling that Tony Jaa felt so overwhelmed by his directorial duties that he simply decided to end it the way he did. It was as if everything was for naught.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post

***spoiler alert***

The biggest disappointment is the ending. It's one of the worst that I've seen, and I left feeling cheated out of the whole reason for the storyline in the first place. I got the feeling that Tony Jaa felt so overwhelmed by his directorial duties that he simply decided to end it the way he did. It was as if everything was for naught.
    That's because he left it open for Ong Bak 3, which is supposedly coming out this December in Thailand.

Dang, I wanted see it!

one word for this movie.....Garbage......two words for tony jaa over-rated..

Winners announced

The two winners for our Tony Jaa autographed Ong Bak 2 posters have been announced.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Saw it and really enjoyed it! Some great fight scenes, interesting variety of styles...well done! Pleasantly surprised! Not much in the way of dialogue but great action scenes.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Back home in Atlanta, GA, USA, after living in Singapore
    I'd have to say that although the movie is entertaining to a degree, it is nowhere near as good as the first one.

Ninjas in the middle of an old Thai jungle...hung gar...etc..
    Yes, "Northwind" is my internet alias used for years that has lots to do with my main style, as well as other lil cool things - it just works. Wanna know my name? Ask me

http://www.pathsatlanta.org

from kungfucinma.com via bangkok post.

kungfucinema.com
    Remember Tony Jaa’s directing meltdown back in July where he walked off the set of ONG BAK 2? It looks like there is still fallout from that episode. The Bangkok Post reports that a Korean woman has filed a civil lawsuit against Thai martial arts star Tony Jaa for allegedly breach of a loan contract worth one million bhat ($30,000).

The lawsuit, filed by Park Aun-hee through her lawyer, claims that Jaa signed a contract to borrow the sum from her on July 4 and that Jaa promised to repay the loan after ONG BAK 2, the movie he was working on at the time, was completed and screened.

Park claims Jaa never made the payment as promised and is asking the court to order the actor to pay the sum originally agreed upon in addition to 7.5 percent interest.

In response, Jaa stated that he and Park were business partners and that the dispute was a complicated matter.

Back in July, Jaa had walked off the set of ONG BAK 2 due to stress and apparent financial setbacks. In addition to starring and choreographing the action, this was also Jaa’s first film directing job. He eventually returned with the support of the studio and his mentor Panna Rittikrai who took over directing for the remainder of the shoot.

On a happier note, despite Jaa’s setbacks related to ONG BAK 2, ONG BAK 3 is still currently in production, although Wise Kwai says Jaa is currently taking a break to spend the holiday with his parents.

There is also a rumor spreading over at Twitch that Raymond Wong is trying to get a HK$150 million dream project together called VANGUARD and he wants Donnie Yen and Tony Jaa in it together. This is unconfirmed so far and may never happen but we can all dream.

Source: Bangkok Post

our latest sweepstakes!

Enter to win KungFuMagazine.com's contest for THE ONG BAK TRILOGY! Contest ends 6:00 p.m. PST on 08/07/14. Good luck everyone!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Our winners are announced

See our ONG BAK TRILOGY Winners thread.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips