Thread: I like BIG...

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

I like BIG...

TREES

hahahahahahahhahahahahha

Lama Pai Sifu will love me some more....

anyway, I saw a big ass tree today while delivering a hot tub.

a Butternut Walnut

it's on the NC Big Tree List...at the bottom, Walnut, Butternut, Owner: Jim Clayton

http://www.dfr.state.nc.us/urban/pdf/Champions.PDF

i've never been so totally awed by a tree before but this thing was amazing and had presence.

I drove my Escape with a trailer around the trunk underneath the canopy (not desecration you hippie...that's how we had to get to the deck to deliver the tub) pretty effing huge.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

I usually drive by a nursary that has a sign out that says "Big tree and plant sale" but I don't see any big trees there at all. Bummer.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

illiterate motherfuggers...that should probably be "Big Sale on Trees and Plants"

wasn't these guys was it?

shrubbery
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Alishan National Scenic Area

Oso, when John took us to Taiwan, we hiked thru Alishan and wound up in a forest of giant Taiwanese red cypress. Most of the trees were over 2000 years old with one being 3000 years old! By far the largest trees I have ever seen, and can you imagine the history those old trees encountered. Thankfully the Japanese saved some from being cut down and shipped back to Japan. If you ever go to Taiwan this Scenic area is a must.
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

sounds cool, I think some of the oldest trees in the world or cedar and cypress

OT: Alishan

Alishan makes really good tea.

Seriously.

REALLY good.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

not ot at all...tea leaves grow on shrubs...besides, is tea ever ot on a kung fu forum?