Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Fighter

The funny thing is I'll fight anyone of you, anyone actually, right now. I'm talking about going out and representing an entirely new style, E-Chuan. Forgive me for wanting to do it right.

This, though, is my business. I've never said I'd fight and not fight. But I have the right to choose who I want to fight and when. You think I care what anyone else hear has to say about that?

I also don't think I talk crap. I respect any true martial artist. I don't think saying, Hey, I hear you're pretty good but I'd like to see if I can handle you, as talking crap. Sorry I don't. If you're secure enough you don't want to fight every Tom, **** and Harry. Wanting to fight someone, that's giving respect already.

Unless of course its someone anonymous talking crap over the internet. Then its actually you challenging my credability. But then I say come and see, and then the conversation gets changed to something else or how I have no right.

Ford, I'm going to create a new thread to adress you.

yeah, please start your own **** thread

I finally watched Episode 6 (I think) on Monday. The one where the wrestler fights the loud mouth guy.

It's a cool show. I wish I would have seen it from the start.

I don't know where all the whining about how bad these guys are came from. Those boys are in shape.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Also, I don't know about you guys but 18 months has made a world of difference for me.... in fact, over the past two months I would say I've doubled my skill. Doubled.

If time is not a factor, why not stop after you learned front kick, roundhouse kick, side kick, jab, hook, cross, uppercut, overhand. How long does that take? Three weeks for the retard?

Of course everyone is improving. Count me among them. Then there is the matter of technology, heart and desire. Lots of factors that go into W or L. I was lacking several before.

The US Olympic swimming team is "in shape" too Master Killer. Lots of people are "in shape." Its how you relate that to fighting that matters.

I actually think Chris got robbed. The guy took him down but caused no damage but he was the agressor. Then again, after 10 minutes of cage fighting no one caused any damage.

The wrestler controlled the entire fight, from start to finish.

I call that winning. So did the judges.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 02-23-2005 at 02:29 PM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Maybe those guys are very good. But when I saw that guy get taken down and roll over on his belly and get taken out with the rear naked .... you call that Champion material? That was very bad.
    It's called "oops."

I can cite several examples. The most recent is David Terrel vs. Evan Tanner. Tanner got on top and Terrell just LAYED THERE in half-guard getting pounded. It's clear he hadn't trained for that situation.

However, Terrell would also ***** just about 99.99999999% of the population.

My point is that when two great athletes fight each other, and one makes a mistake and the other capitalizes on it, you can't draw any conclusions about quality or how they might stack up against others. Only repeated viewings over time will tell you anything.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

I see why that they have the pay out for the K.O. or submission after seeing that the judges are boxing judges.
    A rather boring match where Chris held back too much. Yes he was taken down but Chris actually struck more on the ground than the wrestler. As someone said, the judges just went by who was on top.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Does anybody know why Chuck Liddel stands and walks really stiff? Is it just him or has he some injuries?
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Episodes 1-5 in one file (~370MB):

*see first post for episode download links
    Last edited by truewrestler; 02-25-2005 at 08:56 AM.

Thumbs up

thank's

just watched number 3
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

This is actually turning out to be a pretty good reality series...

That being said, I think more training should be shown.... it makes for the best ol' school kf movies too...
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

All it really needs is to show their workouts to make more enjoyable now that they are fighting. A little less of the drama would make room for it.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

truewrestler,

Can you upload the file again please?... im getting this error, and have been looking forward to watching episode 6.

thanks!

File Transfer: Unavailable
    Unfortunately, the link you have clicked is not available.

Your transfer cannot be completed. Most likely the file has exceeded its allotted bandwidth or has been removed by the original sender or a recipient.
    S.Teebas

He put all 5 previous episodes into one download, so I'd imagine he did excede his bandwidth. That was one massive file. I hope he gets #6 up, as well. I missed the last 20 minutes or so.

Does anybody know why Chuck Liddel stands and walks really stiff? Is it just him or has he some injuries?
    Don't think he walks all that stiff. But his lack of a neck could make it seem like he does, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it