Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Fighter

Yeah, I train here at Renzo's. Great school and alot of talent there. I know alot of the guys here mentioned to watch out for Kenny on TUF. In fact, I think Kenny grappled Shawn Williams in a tourney from Renzo's before. He was a great instructor who moved out to Cali.

Do you still train there?

Thanks for the video links. I'll download them when I get home.

That's cool. I've heard ntohing but good things about Renzo's and you guys have a ton of great guys there. Yeah, Ken fought Shawn twice. They each won once.

I don't train anymore. I haven't trained in a few years. I boxed all through college and did this stuff for a few years after that with some kung foolery mixed in there. I still dabble every once in a while and spend time in boxing gyms, but I don't do anything even close to the same intensity I used to. It just kind of lost its appeal for me, and I moved on to other things. I'm still a fan of the sport and enjoy owning all my friends if they try to wrestle me.

leben was not gassed, he wanted to continue. If I cut royce gracie and the ref stopped the fight I would not be a better fighter. The results are meaningless. You can't judge who the better fighter is by who manipulates the rules better. Watch Lebens second fight with Florian, then watch the first one with kolchak and tell me who you think is a better fighter all around. Does Florian crawl away from good grapplers the way he jogs away from superior stand up fighters? Does he wear low riding jeans like a back up dancer. Kevin Federline, that's who he is.
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

Now that was an entertaining fight.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

It doesn't matter if he was gassed or not. He didn't take Florian down, knock him out or daze him. Florian opened up his head with and elbow. That's it, it's done.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

I think Leben was controlling, but you get caught, you get caught..
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

hey, this is great that you're doing this for us! keep 'em coming, i can't get enough! how many more episodes are there? again, thanks a lot! peace...

Although I agree with Jun-Erh that Leben was not done in the slightest and was dominating the fight prior I understand what Northern Practitioner is saying. Cheap or not those were the rules of the game and like it or lump it if your start bleeding from the brow that heavily they tend to call the fight.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

The finals are coming up soon.
    practice wu de

So what is the line on tomorrow's fight (Sanchez vs. Koschek). HAHA!!! I am going with Diego via RNC.

Caught that red head's last fight last night while chillin at a friend's house. Have to say, he showed me something that fight. Controlled striking, some good clinch work. Much better than the earlier fight. Shame he got caught with that elbow because he was controlling $hit up until then.

The preview showed Diego cranking on two guillotine chokes so we know the fight doesn't end with the guillotine

http://www.theultimatefighter.tv/med...t=video&vid=31

I'll take Diego by submission or decision.
    Last edited by truewrestler; 03-28-2005 at 08:44 AM.

HAHA!!! Yeah, the guillotine is probably out. I doubt with Koschek's wrestling background he will give up his back that easily. It should be interesting. Watch Koschek win it (I hope not).

Yeah Ray, I don't know if it was an issue of showing too much respect for his opponent's takedown ability or what but it was night and day. Tonight's fight should be good (for those who like it on the ground). I can't wait to catch it.

I like it anyway I can get it

SPOILER...

I was disappointed with the way the fight went. Diego was very active on the ground but they both showed mediocre stand-up for the level they are competing at. Diego reminded me of a guy from on old video game with those telegraphed straights and the looping uppercuts. I was definately impressed with Diego stuffing so many of Koshecks takedowns. Kosh definately held on to a few way too long. I'd imagine Kenny would try to keep it standing again in the finals. He definately can beat Diego toe-to-toe, but I don't see him taking Diego down. If they go down, Diego will most likely be on top, so with his size advantage, I think he could GNP Kenny there. I don't see him getting a sub if he can't hold one against Kosh though.