Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Fighter

man, I'm all UfC'd out now. lol

But good for those guys.
    Now that's a friggin reality show worth watching FINALLY!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost5
    I got hooked on that show early. Waited and waited to see those last two fights. The last one was worth the wait. Man, what a fight. I hope Spike continues shows like these.
    Great, great fight. Spike TV is going to continue the show. On TUF website, there are applications for the next season. It will be heavyweights & welterweights. Can't wait.
    www.theultimatefighter.tv
    Do you have the patience to wait
    till your mud settles and the water is clear?
    Can you remain unmoving
    till the right action arises by itself?

I think Bonner kind of won the fight honestly. He had griffin in the most trouble. Shamrock was horrible. just horrible. Thank god I taped it the next night so I can watch it without all the ****ing ads.
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

not to **** anyone off, but Leben vs sanchez wuld have been a better fight.
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

Bonner and Forrest are clearly great up-and-coming fighters with lots of heart. I really enjoyed their fight and the show. I got the impression though that either Shamrock or Franklin would clean their clocks in 30 seconds or less. So the young guys still have a ways to go.

Bonner/Forrest

That was simply the greatest fight I've ever seen. I can't describe the amount of respect I have for those two warriors. Class acts. I'm glad they both got a contract.......two tough mother f***ers.

Well, Diego is wasting no time making friends. In an interview after the fight, he basically called out the winner of Matt Hughes/Frank Trigg as well as Karo Parisyan. There are some really tough fighters in his weight class (like BJ Penn, Franklin. Lawler, Tanner, etc.) some of whom (IMO) may dislike the backdoor opportunity to get to the UFC.

Don't worry Jun-erh, Chirs Leben will probably be there very soon. He has the track record and personality to be a hit in the UFC. I would also like to see that match up.

My only question is WTF was Shamrock doing throwing a kick that high at his age? LOL j/k

Quote Originally Posted by Din Gao
    There are some really tough fighters in his weight class (like BJ Penn, Franklin. Lawler, Tanner, etc.) some of whom (IMO) may dislike the backdoor opportunity to get to the UFC.
    No backdoor here. Diego gave up the King of the Cage Middleweight Belt to be on the show so he is very deserving. It is not like prowrestling where you "pay your dues". This is fighting so if you are good, you are good.

Anyways....article in USAToday with Poll:
    http://www.usatoday.com/money/compan...ite-usat_x.htm

It is a good point but I am referring more to thelevel of compensation associated with the guaranteed contract. I am not sure about what sort of pay scale these fighters get. If they all start at a base level or not. He has done KOTC, I will look into who he has fought, but I am wondering what he will make in relation to guys like Matt Serra and others.

Regardless, calling out Matt Hughes or Frank Trigg I wouldn't say is wise.

Looking at his record, he has fought some decent people (John Cronk, Ray Elbe, Shannon Ritch & Jorge Rodriguez) but he has also fought alot of people with little to know track record. Now before people jump in, I am not saying he is not talented and deserving of getting to the UFC or that he wouldn't kick my arse but I am saying that he still needs (solely IMO) to prove himself among current UFC competitors like Baroni, Matt Serra, etc. before moving on to the big dogs like Matt Hughes, BJ Penn, Frank Trigg, Evan Tanner. He is good. No doubt about it. I just think there would be some level of resentment if he were to fight the winner of Hughes/Trigg (who are fighting for the championship belt mind you). Personally, I don't think he is ready for some of the top people (mentioned above). Then again it could give him a good dose of humilty.

According to Sherdog the results of the undercard were...

1 Alex Karalexis Josh Rafferty TKO (Strikes) 1:40 1
    2 Mike Swick Alex Schoenauer KO (Punch) 0:20 1
    3 Nathan Quarry Lodune Sincaid TKO (Strikes) 3:17 1
    4 Josh Koscheck Chris Sanford KO (Punch) 4:21 1
    5 Chris Leben Jason Thacker TKO (Strikes) 1:35 1
    6 Sam Hoger Bobby Southworth Decision (Unanimous) 5:00 3
    7 Diego Sanchez Kenny Florian TKO (Strikes) 2:49 1
    8 Forrest Griffin Stephan Bonnar Decision (Unanimous) 5:00 3
    9 Rich Franklin Ken Shamrock TKO (Strikes) 2:42 1

I think it is hysterical that Sam beat Bobby and that Koschek won by strikes.
    I wish they aired that... It would have been sick to see all those fights.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

he still needs (solely IMO) to prove himself among current UFC competitors like Baroni, Matt Serra, etc. before moving on to the big dogs like Matt Hughes, BJ Penn, Frank Trigg, Evan Tanner.
    He was just given that opportunity and seems amped to give it a go.

I am saying that he still needs (solely IMO) to prove himself among current UFC competitors like Baroni, Matt Serra, etc. before moving on to the big dogs like Matt Hughes, BJ Penn, Frank Trigg, Evan Tanner
    I agree with your point, but I did want to point out that Baroni seems to have moved down to some smaller shows, though his last fight was canceled...
    "Ooh! Look at these two hot chickens. Finkel wants some dinkle. Give it to him. Huh. Come on, Do it. Lay it on, right here. Do it. Do it." - Maury Finkle, founder of Finkle Fixtures, biggest lighting fixture chain in the Southland

also sanchez is pretty young. 22 I think. There isn't much of an age window in this sport. Just look at Shamrock!

"Baroni seems to have moved down to some smaller shows" ~ Yeah, losing several fights in a row will do that to you. LOL Props to Pete Sell.

I just look at it similar to boxing rankings where, for the most part, you fight your way up. If he does get to fight Parisyan, that would be a good test. I'd also like to see him fight George St. Pierre. If he gets by people like that then he deserves a shot at Matt Hughes/Frank Trigg. or Evan Tanner.

From what I understand, the undercard fights will be part of a TUF DVD.