Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: The Ultimate Fighter

here is a full recap *SPOILER*

all but 3 fights finished.

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/9/21/24...for-bisping-vs
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Someone told me that my old BJJ coach was gonna be on a UF season, Wagnney Fabiano.
    Guess not.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

How did Karsten do Frost? I can't remember his fight at the moment.

Also, I thought that Mayhem's off-the-wall commenting was pretty funny, although I can see it getting on everyone's nerves before too long.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    you know i watched some of the seasons and when they had rashad and rampage do the coaching i stopped watching after that because i can't stand the drama crap. Like watching 90210 or something. I love the fights and watch unleashed and most of the ufc's but when they make a show and it ends up being like jersey shores then i'm out. If it was just about the fights then i would watch more. They've made it into a b!tch fest and that's the end of it for me.

Good luck to your guy on there frost. hope he does well.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

I agree with you Dragonbane. It get's annoying. I always thought it was basically The Real World with fighters.

On the plus side, the fighters looked pretty awesome this season.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    How did Karsten do Frost? I can't remember his fight at the moment.

Also, I thought that Mayhem's off-the-wall commenting was pretty funny, although I can see it getting on everyone's nerves before too long.
    went out to one of lloyd erwins guys was a good battle they just showed highlights of it not the full match he did well to make it that far hopefully he will do better next time

some really good fights i thought

I prob won't watch the season, just catch the fights. The premier tho is just straight fights back to back.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Bruce Leroy

I haven't tuned into this show since it began. It just wasn't my thing. But maybe I should now - this looks amusing.

Miami Vale Tudo starring Bruce Leroy *VIDEO*
    Jack Bratcher | Sep 21, 2010

Miami fighter Alex Caceres a.k.a. Bruce Leroy adds some unique flavor to this season's Ultimate Fighter show.

Alex Caceres (4-2) is one of the most colorful personalities on this season of “The Ultimate Fighter: Team GSP vs. Team Koscheck” which airs each Wednesday night on Spike TV.

His nickname is “Bruce Leroy” and he can be seen wearing the same type of famous yellow and black jumpsuit Bruce Lee wore in Enter the Dragon. He also can be seen rocking the traditional Chinese kung-fu uniform, and combined with his afro and constant smile, it definitely makes him stand out as a unique and entertaining character.

His outward appearance could cause opponents to possibly take him lightly or think he’s some kind of joke. This would be a mistake. He’s not on this season’s Ultimate Fighter just because of his personality; the dude can fight.

And being that he’s from Miami, Fla., you might be surprised to know, in some ways he’s like a mini-Kimbo, but better. That’s right, “Bruce Leroy” used to get down backyard brawler style, except seemingly in fights that were a bit more organized.

Check out these couple of videos of Alex Caceres a.k.a. Bruce Leroy as he uses his patented submission move to ruin his opponent’s day. It’s going to be very interesting to see how far Caceres makes it this season. One thing’s for sure, you don’t want to miss this Wednesday’s episode (episode two) of The Ultimate Fighter.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    you know i watched some of the seasons and when they had rashad and rampage do the coaching i stopped watching after that because i can't stand the drama crap. Like watching 90210 or something. I love the fights and watch unleashed and most of the ufc's but when they make a show and it ends up being like jersey shores then i'm out. If it was just about the fights then i would watch more. They've made it into a b!tch fest and that's the end of it for me.

Good luck to your guy on there frost. hope he does well.
    What spelled the beginning of the end of this show for me was the episode (not sure which season it was) where one guy spunked in another guy's sushi as a joke, and later when the other guy ate it and they told him, he put on a big grin and said, "Yummm!"

I've watched some of the shows since then, but not really anymore.

Adam Antolin

Congrats to Adam! He's local and has modeled Tiger Claw MMA gear for us.

ANTOLIN LOOKS TO REP AKA WITH PRIDE ON THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER
    By Thomas Gerbasi August 31, 2016
    UFC.com

From now until it's August 31 debut, UFC.com introduces you to the 16 champions battling to win The Ultimate Fighter: Team Benavidez vs Team Cejudo and get a chance to face current flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson.

With a trio of current and former champions around him at the American Kickboxing Academy in San Jose, California, Adam Antolin was likely given his marching orders for season 24 of The Ultimate Fighter without Daniel Cormier, Cain Velasquez and Luke Rockhold even saying a word.

“There’s definitely an expectation to do well,” Antolin said. “They have that for me and I have that for myself, and I have to rep this gym on the level that they expect. There are champions over there, we fight a certain way, we win a certain way, and we expect to compete at an elite level and to succeed. I took that with me and I can handle that too.”

On Wednesday, the TUF 24 season begins, and just like Spring Training, on the opening night, hope reigns supreme. Each of the 16 competitors is a champion on the regional scene, and while there are plenty of young guns battling for the season’s prize – a shot at UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson – there are also veterans like the 34-year-old Antolin, who believes his experience in competition – and in life – gives him a decided edge in the tournament.

“The competitors are starting out younger and they’re getting more exposure younger,” said Antolin, who turned pro in 2008. “But I definitely think that I have that advantage of being more mature. I can look at things from a bigger perspective. While this is everyone’s dream, it can be more overwhelming to them because they haven’t experienced as much in life. I’ve been around and I think I have a worldly view and can put things into perspective, and when I get out there, it’s another fight. I’ve taken more losses in life and have won more in life, so I’m able to put things more in perspective and calm down and slow things down a little bit better than some of these young guys might be able to.”

He’s already proven that on the local circuit, where it’s tough enough to get fights if you’re from a stellar camp like AKA. Add in being a 125-pounder, and the degree of difficulty ramps up. It’s why eight years as a pro have only produced 14 fights for Antolin, who did get started late in the sport.

“When I started fighting, I was 26, so I had finished wrestling and was finishing up my Bachelor’s degree,” he said. “I just felt the need to compete, so I went into this. When I started, there was no 125-pound division. I was lucky to be around 135, and so I was getting these catchweight fights at 130 in my first three to five fights. And they were guys like me, where 135 was big for us, and there was no 125-pound weight division, so let’s just make up a weight class and go fight at 130. (Laughs) Gradually, the 125-pound weight class started to come around, and the mid-tier promotions started focusing on that. And I’m lucky to be where I am geographically, because Tachi Palace was one of the first promotions to feature the flyweights. So it was always my goal to work towards fighting for them and fighting for that belt.”

The Tachi Palace promotion is notable for giving Ian McCall his boost into the big show once he established himself as a flyweight there, and it has put an emphasis on the 125-pounders over the years. In November of last year, Antolin got his shot in the show and delivered a second-round submission of Alex Perez to win the TPF belt. The Ultimate Fighter is next up, and it’s almost full circle for Antolin, who tried out for season 14 of the reality series in 2011.

“I made it through the grappling process, the striking process, and I went to the interview and they liked me, but they just thought I was too small, and rightfully so because those guys are pretty big,” he recalled. “They said come back when we do a show with 125 pounds.”

Five years later, Adam Antolin is back. And he plans on staying a while.

“Hard work, right place, right time.”
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Meet The Ultimate Fighter season 24 competitor Adam Antolin

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Go Adam!

First fight victory.

Matt Schnell TUF 24 Blog Episode 3 on Page vs. Antolin and a Really Bad Stoppage
    TUF 24 fighter Matt Schnell talks about the latest episode on The Ultimate Fighter

Fight Replay: Damacio Page vs. Adam Antolin

By Matt Schnell
    Sep 15, 2016 at 11:26a ET

Heading into this third episode of TUF, I have to reflect on what a great tournament this has been thus far. We're three fights into it, and every fight has been a finish. It's been incredible to see the talent this weight class has to offer — just from sitting there in the bleachers, I was a fan of this thing. Every single fight was amazing to witness and it was awesome to be there and be a part of it.

The next fight up is between Damacio Page and Adam Antolin.

I have a history with Damacio, we were supposed to fight on March 25th of this year but he suffered an injury in training and had to back out. I liked getting to hang out and cut up with Damacio while we were in the house. I watched Damacio fight before I'd even stepped foot into a gym, I was a junior in high school watching this guy knock people unconscious with elbows on TV. He was always a big finisher and a well known smaller guy. Coming into the tournament he's probably considered a favorite to win this thing based off his experience and bazooka of right hand.

Adam is a guy with a great sense of humor and was hands-down one of my favorite guys in the house. I didn't know who Adam was before we got to Las Vegas. I knew he trained at American Kickboxing Academy and I knew he was the Tachi Palace Champion, which are both legit as frick.

I hadn't seen him fight but in training, he seemed like a skilled and well-rounded fighter with a nasty foot sweep and a great guillotine.

One of the most endearing moments of TUF 24 (and possibly one of the most endearing interactions in Ultimate Fighter history) was seeing Adam cutting Damacio's hair on fight day. Here are these two dudes, getting ready to fight each other, and yet they can interact like they're friends. We all got along really well for the most part, but that was honestly one of the purest moments. Adam and Damacio are both great guys and it was tough rooting for either one of them.

The fight starts and Adam comes out left-handed. In the beginning, I was worried because it didn't seem like he could offer up much offense from the south paw stance and Damacio came out throwing hatebombs like we all knew he would. It seemed like it was gonna be an absolute blowout...but then Adam let that first kick rip. After that, he really started stringing combinations together and he was finding a home for that big left kick to the body all night long. Though Adam was being competitive, I really felt as if Damacio was still getting the better of the exchanges.

Every punch Damacio landed, whether it was clean or not, you could tell there was a lot behind them. As I'm sitting there watching from the bleachers, you could feel the energy of every single punch he unloaded. This guy was chunking 100 mile an hour fastballs at my buddy's head, and to be honest I was a little concerned for Adam. Adam stayed very composed though and pulled out a big foot sweep at the end of the round. It was a giant throw that looked good and it arguably could have swung the round into Adam's favor. It was a great round and the beginning of a good fight. These guys were bringin' it.

Round two was much of the same: Damacio's throwing heavy punches and Adams finding a home for that left leg. One of the kicks finally squeaked through and touched Damacio's liver. It visibly hurt him and he dropped. He was down for maybe half a second but he recovered quickly and got back to his feet. It was impressive that he stood up as fast as he did because liver shots that find a home like that can shut you down for a good minute or so. The ref called the fight when Damacio went down, thinking he wasn't going to get back up. It was obviously a bad stoppage.

Everybody was really proud of Adam, he really rose to the occasion and performed at his best. Damacio brought it like he always does and did what everyone always expects him to do: he fought his tail off and left it all out there. I feel for both of these guys on the way it ended. This fight was well on its way to fight of the season and it's unfortunate it was cut short.

There was a lot of energy and having it stop so suddenly was kind of a buzzkill. It was obvious both of these guys were willing to take it as far as it needed to go on this fight and they did a spectacular job representing team flyweight. This is a season full of gangsters; everybody here deserves to be here. We just keep proving it every single week.

Next fight up is the No. 2 seeded Yoni Sherbatov against the No. 15 seed Eric "Showtime" Shelton. Y'all stay tuned. This is a special season, believe dat.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Fight Replay: Damacio Page vs. Adam Antolin

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

There's a vid if you follow the link.

Posted October 14, 2016 - 8:24pm
    Adam Antolin is glad TUF house confrontation didn’t escalate — VIDEO

Adam Antolin (Heidi Fang/Las Vegas Review-Journal)

By HEIDI FANG
    LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

Tensions in The Ultimate Fighter house nearly came to a head in the most recent episode. Adam Antolin discusses the confrontation between Matt Rizzo and Jaime Alvarez and how glad he was that cooler heads prevailed. Rizzo lost his fight to Matt Schnell and almost let his emotions get the better of him in an alcohol-fueled argument in the house.

The coaches challenge also took place between Antolin’s coach, Henry Cejudo, and Joseph Benavidez at Top Golf in Las Vegas. Antolin talks about how some of the team was frustrated with how poorly Cejudo did. Benavidez defeated Cejudo with ease.

Seeded at no. 13 in TUF 24 tournament bracket, Antolin advanced into the quarterfinals of the competition by defeating Damacio Page. He’ll face off against the number five ranked Hiromasa Ogikubo in the next round. The Ultimate Fighter airs Wednesdays on Fox Sports 1. Due to baseball playoffs, the show will be on a two-week hiatus.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Adam defeated

Congrats to Adam for a good showing.

November 10, 2016 - 12:40am
    Adam Antolin vows to come back better after TUF 24 loss —VIDEO

Adam Antolin faced Hiromasa Ogikubo in the quarterfinals of TUF 24 and lost a decision. The loss ended his run in the tournament. But the San Jose-based fighter vows to come back more improved than ever. (Heidi Fang/Las Vegas Review-Journal)

By HEIDI FANG
    LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL
    Adam Antolin defeated Damacio Page to advance to the quarterfinals of TUF 24. However, he fell short against Hiromasa Ogikubo, taking a decision loss.

Following the setback, Antolin reflected on what went wrong, what he plans to improve upon and how much he’ll use the loss to motivate him.

The winner of the Ultimate Fighter season 24 tournament will trade leather with the reigning UFC flyweight champion, Demetrious Johnson.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips