Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Fighter

I can't wait till Junie gets knocked the bleep out..he's gonna cry and cry. I wish someone would start pushing his buttons in the house, he's a coward at heart.

I'm all for the pranks, god knows I'd be doing the same thing in those circumstances, they just can't seem to keep them in good fun. Some retard (no offense) always overreacts.

No offense?

Depends on the context of the joke and who wants play along. If you involve everyone, that's pretty serious. Not everyone has the same sense of humor and the people who want to act like kids can apply itching powder to each other while all the serious minded people can focus on what they need to. It's a very simple concept.

H. Hammer...you seem like a good guy but we probably wouldn't get along dude
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

Tonight

I thought Roli was going to pull and upset. He came into the first round very confident...and throwing front kicks (something I don't see very often in UFC). Then some bravado with a spinning back hand.

I don't think he pushed hard enough....his take down attempts didn't look like he put enough effort.

Junie is a tough dude but really STUPID. He was smart enough to not go to the ground. Rolando would have capitalized in that situation.

Junie really has luck on his side. Let's see how long it lasts. It makes me wonder with all the editing and what not...who will come out on top.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

Probably one of the worst fights I've seen, Roli showed some heart but both guys were gassed and unimpressive. Junie will go down in the next round for sure. Frank Mir cracks me up....love the BJJ blackbelt story.

the fact that it's a big brother/ufc format makes that show the total ghey now.

it's like a bunch of teenage girls frenetically, vapidly and vacuously doing nothing but getting hyped up about stuff they demonstrate they don't have a lot of skill in.

like a d-list talent contest.

I got sick of it.

bleh!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    the fact that it's a big brother/ufc format makes that show the total ghey now.

it's like a bunch of teenage girls frenetically, vapidly and vacuously doing nothing but getting hyped up about stuff they demonstrate they don't have a lot of skill in.

like a d-list talent contest.

I got sick of it.

bleh!
    Exactly! I hear that the contract is nowhere near what top non-UFC guys can get and so many guys won't bother trying to enter as the pay off is not what it seems. They need to increase it to 7-figure contract.
    Also, if you look at season one, how many guys from it are in the UFC still? At least half...and of those who got kicked off, many are headlining and taking big fights. This is not the same for any other season.
    A unique snowflake

ep

One of the more lighter episodes...no drama just training and fighting. Well, except for the exchange between Noguiera and Vinny. Portuguese is nothing like Spanish...i couldn't pick out not one word that I recognized. That should be my next endeavor.

Junie seems to be the breakout star this season but he's still an idiot.

The prank that was pulled was ultimately harmless but it was cool.

The fight I was expecting to be exciting. Vinny has good BJJ and it was only a matter of time before he got a submission. His goal now I gather is to work on his stand up.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

Quote Originally Posted by 冠木侍 View Post
    One of the more lighter episodes...no drama just training and fighting. Well, except for the exchange between Noguiera and Vinny. Portuguese is nothing like Spanish...i couldn't pick out not one word that I recognized. That should be my next endeavor.

The fight I was expecting to be exciting. Vinny has good BJJ and it was only a matter of time before he got a submission. His goal now I gather is to work on his stand up.
    Nogueira speaks Brasilian, a type of Portuguese with a very distinctive dialect/accent.
    Mainland Portuguese is easy to understand IF you speak mainland Spanish.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Offshoot: Portuguese

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Nogueira speaks Brasilian, a type of Portuguese with a very distinctive dialect/accent.
    Mainland Portuguese is easy to understand IF you speak mainland Spanish.
    Ah, I was not aware that he spoke that type of dialect. I thought it would be easy to pick out some words. I don't hear it spoken that often (any type of Portuguese dialect) so I didn't what to expect.

I was told that there were similar words and that a Spanish speaking person could communicate with a person who spoke Portuguese (I guess up to a certain level).

I actually tested this out some time ago and it went okay. Basic communications were easily identified and responded to. But, it is apparent that there is more than meets the eye/ear.

Thanks for the explanation Sanjuro. I didn't know that Portuguese had different dialects. Kind of complicates things a little. Thank goodness for subtitles.

Maybe after Portuguese...it's the old Aztec language that is worth a look at. hehe
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

In my experience, it seems that native speakers of Portuguese understand Spanish more easily than native speakers of Spanish understand Portuguese.

Thanks for the explanation Sanjuro. I didn't know that Portuguese had different dialects. Kind of complicates things a little. Thank goodness for subtitles.

Maybe after Portuguese...it's the old Aztec language that is worth a look at. hehe
    There is:
    Mainland Portuguese
    Brasilian Portuguese
    Acores Portuguese ( at least 2 or 3 types here)
    Madeirence Portuguese ( Island of Madeira)
    Macao Portuguese
    African Portuguese ( Angola and Mozambique)
    Goa Portuguese

I don't think I missed any...
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

White girl faces with black girl booties. That's all the Brazil you need to know.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

thanks

Snajuro's info has been very helpful.

Masterkiller's point-of-view...I wonder if I can get away with statements like that if I am a Mod. haha
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPalm View Post
    Exactly! I hear that the contract is nowhere near what top non-UFC guys can get and so many guys won't bother trying to enter as the pay off is not what it seems. They need to increase it to 7-figure contract.
    Also, if you look at season one, how many guys from it are in the UFC still? At least half...and of those who got kicked off, many are headlining and taking big fights. This is not the same for any other season.
    The guys from season 1 have had longer to prove themselves by winning fights. They also had the advantage of only having 1 seasons worth of people to compete with. With the show going longer and longer UFC's stable is bigger and people will be drawn on less. I am willing to bet that 90% of the guys from all seasons have some kind of contract with the UFC. I remember Joe Rogan saying the UFC has 250 fighters on contract. How many fight regularly? Also, the top payout I have seen for an MMA guy is $250K for Lesnars fights, and Fedor I think got $200K for his destruction of Sylvia. There is no way the UFC is going to pay 7 figures to a reality show winner. If you see the payouts of most of the fighters on a typical UFC card they are being paid between $3K and $30K (which is high). With that percpective, 6 figures is a big deal.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

I finally caught this episode last night, as I was in New Orleans last week. The exchange between Vinny and Noguiera was good, at least it peaked my interest in the episode.

The fight was another yawner, the guy fighting Vinny was completely mortified, he psyched himself out into complete inaction. Vinny's leg kicks weren't half bad, if he could only develop some hand combos before he sends the roundhouse, he might be dangerous on his feet.

No way Junie becomes a breakout star...he's way overrated and under performing. Wait till he loses one and has a complete meltdown.