Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who are the best Chinese teachers today?

Who are the best Chinese teachers today?

Of all the Chinese teachers in the US, who is teaching real Old School Chinese Kung Fu, and what makes thier schools so good? What can we learn from their success?

Can this be honestly answered; first it is any opinion, which varies greatly from person to person. Also, what is Old School; does that make it better if it is enshrined in myths?

In my opinion the best Shifu is the one that you can’t find in the local school, but the one that finds you.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    Of all the Chinese teachers in the US, who is teaching real Old School Chinese Kung Fu, and what makes thier schools so good? What can we learn from their success?
    Define "old school kung fu".
    Define "good"
    Define "success"
    Define "best".
    Then you can ask the question.

By the way, the guy you ragged on in the other thread, Master Chan, was widely regarded as "one of the best" and not only as a teacher but an all-around kung fu man.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Isn’t that statement a bit racist, i.e., Chinese teacher? Honestly, do we have to originate any particular ethnic group to be good in martial arts?

Truthfully, you should have considered this question, because you have offended a lot of individuals, who aren’t of Asian background.

Does being Chinese makes you better in the arts of Chinese martial arts? NO!!! So many individuals, who contribute to this forum aren’t Chinese and their knowledge surpasses most Chinese Shifus.

We soon forget that we already have at least three-generation of non-Chinese Shifu, who are extremely knowledge of their particular arts.

I am specifically interested in who the top Chinese teachers are, not the Western ones. I know there are plenty of high quality Western teachers of Kung Fu.

Also, it is NOT racists to recognize that Kung Fu COMES from China, and want to know who that countries top exponents are. This thread has nothing to do with your modern liberal, multicultural propaganda, and I have no intention of taking part in that crap, so keep your politics off my thread.

By the way, the guy you ragged on in the other thread, Master Chan, was widely regarded as "one of the best" and not only as a teacher but an all-around kung fu man.

Reply]
    Ok, what made him such a great Kung fu player?

Good Chinese Teacher Here in Austin

In Austin we have a really good Chinese traditional teacher. His name is "Li Jun Feng" He teaches Taichi and Qiqong and i think he still teaches some kung fu at the Academy of Oriental Medicine. He has kind of crossed over into the realm of new agey qiqong practice, but hey that's his thing and i figure for as long as Li Jun Feng has been practicing and coaching and teaching martial arts, he can do whatever he wants. He is certainly one of the more "Authentic" teachers here in Austin. Not to down the others but the question posed in this topic was a specific one.
    Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Can you describe what makes him good? How are his lessons structured? How does he relate to his students?

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    I am specifically interested in who the top Chinese teachers are, not the Western ones. I know there are plenty of high quality Western teachers of Kung Fu.

Also, it is NOT racists to recognize that Kung Fu COMES from China, and want to know who that countries top exponents are. This thread has nothing to do with your modern liberal, multicultural propaganda, and I have no intention of taking part in that crap, so keep your politics off my thread.

Reply]
    Ok, what made him such a great Kung fu player?
    Part 1 of 3, you can find the other 2 parts yourself
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMSLjcUzuZM
    Last edited by sanjuro_ronin; 07-03-2008 at 07:12 AM.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I guess depending on what you are interested.

I am interested in Wu Tai Ji and Bai Yuan Tong Bei.

I know there is this teacher in pittsburg PA. He was the student of Wang Pei Sheng.

If you are interested in Ba Ji and Yin Fu Ba Gua.

I know there are several Wu Tan related teachers, in LA, and ohio.

--

Quote Originally Posted by Mulong View Post
    Isn’t that statement a bit racist, i.e., Chinese teacher? Honestly, do we have to originate any particular ethnic group to be good in martial arts?

Didn't you get the memo? To be good, and to have learned the "real stuff" you have to be Chinese! Even if you appear to be a total clown with no skill, as long as you are Chinese you MUST be a master! Really, where have you been?

(/sarcasm)

Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Interesting clips. In part two he is talking about how todays students don't have as much respect for the teacher, and how in the old days the teachers could tell a student to practice for hours, but you can't today.

Which i find funny because there are gymnastics clubs in every major city who train just as hard as Kung Fu people do, for hours and hours and hours and they don't seem to have this problem. The same goes for any other fighting discipline as well. Not to mention Dancers, competitive ice skaters, and marathon competitors, and weight lifters, body builders, Old Time strong men, Yoga practitioners and just general health club junkies. etc...

I think Master Chan might be more well known for his medical teachings.

How well did his students perform in fighting competitions?

Who stated that wushu doesn’t come from China?

“This thread has nothing to do with your modern liberal, multicultural propaganda, and I have no intention of taking part in that crap, so keep your politics off my thread.”

Pardon me, not trying to make this quote, unquote thread into crap; however, in reexamining your question, I found it bias; hence, my statement. Therefore, you are jumping the gun my dear sir.

At the end this is a public forum (I think; is it Gene?); hence, you may start the thread, but you can’t control where it leads.

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    I guess depending on what you are interested.

I am interested in Wu Tai Ji and Bai Yuan Tong Bei.

I know there is this teacher in pittsburg PA. He was the student of Wang Pei Sheng.

If you are interested in Ba Ji and Yin Fu Ba Gua.

I know there are several Wu Tan related teachers, in LA, and ohio.

--

Reply]
    I am not really talking about my or anyone else's particular interests, but what makes the teacher a good teacher, and who ARE the good Kung Fu teachers (reguardless of style). By good I mean the ones who can still develop a high degree of fighting skill quickly and with the style they profess to teach.
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 07-03-2008 at 07:33 AM.

IKFMDC; sadly I didn’t get the memo that is why I really don’t venture here; I give you utmost prop for doing so!