Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Black Taoist to fight Bill Duff

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    weapon: (noun)
    1) A device designed to inflict injury or death on an opponent.

2) Something used as a way of getting an advantage in a situation.

Cliche or not, by definition this is exactly what I'm training my body for.

living rooms, hotels, school floors and outside.

an apology...

Merry prnkster. You are humble, and Like i said, not that my opinion counts for anything, but my experiences with the MMA crowd have not gone well. I was in contact with art of war in Beijing to fight in China and really looked at the whole MMA thing but the guys I came across (here in the states) were nice, but a lot of ego. For the sake of not starting crap, I'm not going to mention names or where. I like the sport aspect of it because that's how i view it. I liked what you said. But going back to the attitude, of course they were gonna be nice... every school has it's politics and people who don't like other classmates, but no one is going to be outright mean to a guy just starting there. Just my experience with the overall atmosphere of it. Maybe i'm too conditioned with a traditional background. Maybe I should check out more schools. Who knows.

Unko - yeah, I read my post and saw how that could be ego driven. It wasn't meant that way. I didn't say I would win the fight or kick any ones butt... I know I could get wrecked, but it's the one thing that both disciplines have... fearlessness. Ring or not, we're all trained to not back down, and stand our ground. ::and solo from Tom Petty::

Confidence over arrogance is the key.

Zi Zhen said
    Kung Fu guys/traditional practitioners, for the most part, have less ego than MMA-ists.
    Less ego has never indicated superior skill! Just the opposite because less skill means less confidence and "kungfu", in most instances, does falter when tested with real world skills. Let me say none of these means that the competitor is invincible but the bottom line is "who can back up what they say"?

CungLe is great but not invincible because he shows what sanshou can do while the many, falter in that regard. Tim Cartmell is great because he can actually show people how to develop skill without pretending, like most, that kungfu makes you, for lack of the proper word "invincible", which it does not!

If you have to tell someone you are humble, you aint! Just a general comment.

Jesus....

Black Taoist is the new Frank Dux. All of his fights are unprovable, "Underground" fights. Was it to the death just like the Kumite?

Seriously.....

Put up or shut up.

And put a lid on your yappy little friend. I used to have friends who'd pick fights and leave them to his homies. I did to him what I would with anyone who bumps off at the mouth a little too much....

Stopped hanging out with them. they f@ck with your integrity...
    Last edited by CaptinPickAxe; 08-18-2008 at 02:39 AM. Reason: I needed a moment to comprehend this idiocy...
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest