Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Taoist to fight Bill Duff

1) I don't want to pretend that I know what happened. I only said what I was told by people I respect.
    Well you was told a lie.

2) No need to have a face to face with Master David Bond Chan, he has nothing to do with these comments. However, threatening to visit a man who is 5'5" and around 65-67 years old is exactly my point, which I'll expand upon below.
    I was not threating anyone Ray . The face to face I plan to have with you & your teacher was to get right to the point where the truth would have easy came out. The face to face had nothing to do with me fighting anyone. I was going to prove that what you said happen to me with your teacher was a lie.

OK. So at least you can recall what I'm talking about. And then you go on saying the rest of Kung Fu is garbage but what distinguishes you from them? Everyone is training the best way they see fit.... you haven't gone out to fight, why should they?
    Why don't you come and find out..lol I already told you I fight against all kind of people of all levels and styles and I don't have to go out to some event to prove it. The address where I train and spar is posted , all you have to do is show up brother and you see and feel what distinguishes me from the rest. Today there are some good KF players , but many are not that good in combat because they don't train free fighting. One reason why I feel most stuff out here is garbage as far hands on stuff. The only way Kung fu going to get better is KF players have to step up their game in combat training. And I don't mean they have to enter a competition to prove what they train is useful to test they self. There are many sparring meetings that go on in N.y.C. as well a few gyms and even parks where people can spar and test they skills.

What I can't commend you on is even considering challenging an old man in any shape or form. Even challenging me, I fight at 169lbs. I know a boxer across the street, a skinny little **** who talks **** sometimes and I tell him straight up, don't play around boy, you're not in my weight class. I'd just smother him, drag him down and beat him. What's the honor in that
    Ray like always you making something in to more then what it need to be. I never challenge you or anyone. You the one that was talking all the big talk, I only invite you to come spar, roll or do whatever, as well other people that for some reason think I don't spar against highly skill people. Whatever truly don't matter to me , but I told you that your welcome as other individuals to come spar I don't see that as challenging anyone. Remember you the pit bull I don't want to **** with. Like I said you come with respect, you get respect back in return.

Brother, I offer you much love, but surely you can see this is a case of glass houses and one not throwing stones. Because of the mini-celebrity status you have, you should be taking the opportunity to high light CMA. You should fancy step Bill Duff and throw him... your technique looks solid.
    How do you know I'm not going to fight Bill Duff. How do you not know the **** is not in the works. Like I said Ray you talk alot, but don't now what going on at all. Bottom line as you know in this world Ray everything is about money man, and when the money right then the rest will follow.

No, I face my fear of meeting a man of similar stature in an organized and sanctioned venue to compare. That's it. I'd love to match up with one of your students. I was thinking of getting a match this fall... it wouldn't be a problem. If you want, perhaps we can do an exhibition match in the same venue instead, but honestly, I feel I should be compensated for the differences. Maybe we make a light wager (one we can both agree on) but I get $20 extra for each 10lbs I give up. That seams fair to me.
    Ray if I ever fight in any mma event it going to be for some good money. The sanctioned venue you fight don't pay nothing much and most of the times nothing at all. I know full well the run down about these events you fight at Like I told you I train with mma & BJJ guys these days. As well hang out with them. So I know the 411 on the mma world. So If you truly want to do a exhibition match I already posted the training gym where I train so I don't see the problem man. Video tape our match if you like, don't matter to me. I sure you beat me I move like a slow old man these days compare to you young boys.

As for my students. Well I have a few people that I help out which is training for MMA fights. But the only problem is they mostly heavyweight fighters. The Students I teach from my area just not interested in fighting in mma events.

But I see what I can do. Just e-mail me your e-mail adddress so we can keep in contact. Because like I told you I don't be up on these forums.
    Last edited by blacktaoist; 07-17-2008 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blacktaoist View Post
    I already told you I fight against all kind of people of all levels and styles and I don't have to go out to some event to prove it.

And I don't mean they have to enter a competition to prove what they train is useful to test they self.

Ray if I ever fight in any mma event it going to be for some good money. The sanctioned venue you fight don't pay nothing much and most of the times nothing at all.
    You sure are lining up those excuses aren't you.

How do you know I'm not going to fight Bill Duff.
    Again, are you even licensed to fight in a sanctioned MMA fight, be it amateur or professional?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Well you was told a lie.
    I should never have commented on something I didn't see for myself. I am sorry for that. Lesson learned.

I fight against all kind of people of all levels and styles and I don't have to go out to some event to prove it.
    Obviously there is no need to prove anything to anyone, though I find the need to prove things to myself, time and time again.... just to reveal the power of God inside myself.

Personally, I know I can hang with most recreational to border-line competitive types, the types that float around seminars and gyms. I haven't proven that I can hang with true competitors, guys that train to a level, and are so confident in their skills they're willing to compete.

There's a world of difference between push hands and free sparring. Likewise, their is a night and day difference between banging with friends, classmates or associates in a training environment and facing a similar sized man in a ring or cage in front of hundreds of strangers, classmates and associates in front of which neither you, nor the other big dangerous man, want to punk out.

I'll be up in NYC in Aug. I'll be training at Renzo's and I've made some friends there that compete pretty much at the highest level. I invite you to join us if you want. Obviously the BJJ is world class, but there's some great boxers there that have taught me just really useful stuff... not about striking. Personally I prefer internal's stand up and game plan... but about general ringmanship, entry angles to negate attacks.

How do you know I'm not going to fight Bill Duff. How do you not know the **** is not in the works. Like I said Ray you talk alot, but don't now what going on at all. Bottom line as you know in this world Ray everything is about money man, and when the money right then the rest will follow.
    I hope you fight Duff. And Amen brother about making the money.

i think its funny

that BT is not responding to you 1bad65. I will bet that he will not respond to you. The only reason why he is responding to Ray is because there would seem to be some Mutual respect but some miscommunication going that is being worked out and quite frankly 1bad65 it doesnt concern you or me.

I really do wish that the MMA'ers and the Kungfu people would just STFU and train and train to defend their life and be a positive role model in their communities other than brawlers for money with generally bad dispositions bad mouthing one another. Hey here is an Idea that i would like to see. Id like to see guys like Liddell and Desilva and those ProMMA'ers as well as the Hard Kung fu players become civil servants and be protectors in our communities, or be soldiers and defend our country, or police officers or firemen. maybe some of them are, i dont know. But i guess the money in those areas of service to our country and community dont pay as well as getting up there and beating the crap out of each other to some dyptheria ridden trailer white trash audience who gets off on seeing that sort of thing.

Anyway i respect Ray and Novell for their stance on things, i may not agree with it all but i at least feel they both have a little bit of integrity, which is way more than i can say about some posting here(or one actually).
    Im done.
    Peace and wake up, TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Again, are you even licensed to fight in a sanctioned MMA fight, be it amateur or professional?
    Getting a license is simply a matter of bringing $30 (or something like that) to the fight. So technically, I guess I'm still PAYING to fight... aint that a *****.

The only MMA I've heard of in NY was taking place out on an Indian reservation on Long Island. And I think the event got canceled. Coach Ross would know better than me.

I had to go to Jersey to compete. I recommend the venues though. For the most part they're run as good as you can run those things I think.... but it's still an all day thing, you never weigh in on time, you wait all night to fight.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    Something about those "Chinatown matches."

I'm from there. I know the score. It's a little park in Chinatown were old men go to play dominos and do Taiji and some more fancy Wing Chun types go to prance around and dance. It's push hands at best. Otherwise there would be arrest, injuries, and certainly law suits.

It's nothing worth filming, certainly nothing worth bragging about. I went to check it out.... swear to God. I would have been embarrassed for myself fighting any of them men.
    um, no Ray you weren't there. And that is not "the score." The park is where people play, as you said, push hands, and crossing hands, and that's all. It is very friendly and light-hearted. The underground Chinatown fights are not held out in public. They are private smokers, Which is why there are no arrests, or lawsuits.
    held in private association halls,or in the catacombs, or basements, or another designated spot where there are no onlookers. (unless they are betting)
    Last edited by TenTigers; 07-17-2008 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    Getting a license is simply a matter of bringing $30 (or something like that) to the fight. So technically, I guess I'm still PAYING to fight... aint that a *****.
    I know in Texas you have to have blood work (for AIDS/HIV and Hep), a vision test by a licensed doctor, and if you are 35 or over an EEG and an EKG in order to get licensed.

Some states require/test for more, some for less. I just asked BT if he is licensed.
    It's a simple question.....
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    I think it's funny that BT is not responding to you 1bad65.
    I think his silence speaks volumes myself.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    The underground Chinatown fights are not held out in public. They are private smokers, Which is why there are no arrests, or lawsuits.
    held in private association halls,or in the catacombs, or basements, or another designated spot where there are no onlookers. (unless they are betting)
    Sounds like The Kumite!

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    no, the Kumite was in a movie, and although Frank Dux's story is questionable, people like Paul Vizzio, Benny Urquidez, and others, did fight in underground fights. Paul Vizzio fought for Wai Hong's Fu Jow P'ai, and his history and legitimacy is well established.
    But don't take my word for it. Ask anyone from NYC who was around at that time-70's to early 80's.
    Last edited by TenTigers; 07-17-2008 at 05:22 PM.

Ray I don't know how you doing mma fighting but don't know about the underground figts in N.Y.C. Because all the guys I know and train with that do MMA know about the underground fights in N.Y.C going on in Steinway. There was one last week which was cover by a few newspapers man. Here a clip of my martial art training brother Ruban who fights at the MMA undergrounds in N.Y.C.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5OMv_CEQD20

Like I said you want to mix it up with me it got to be for good money in an open venue. But other then that you more then welcome anytime to the area where I train and we can throw down for free. So whats the problem man I already told you you can bring who you want as well video tape the whole sparring match between us. By the way my martial art brother Bruce Kivo of MMA Confidential host all kinds of MMA venues, so you want I can easy get you a fight on the next card in the underground man. Because like I said I am aware of the kind of venues you are fighting. Why not come play with the big boys over here , after all you a pit bull right. I already talk to one of my students who is a mma fighter himself , who training for these underground fights, and he sad he be open too fighting you at the next one. So contact me by e-mail and we can set this up Ray. Also if you don't want to fight at the underground I know Ed Hsu of Combat in the Cage and I can set some thing up at his venue which is well known if you somebody in MMA. So PM me and lets get it poping. Because like I told you Ray, you truly don't know me or the people I roll with brother. Anyway hit me up Ray P-M if you truly want to do this.

For some reason Maoshan told me he having a problem posting on KFM and ask that I post this in this forum for him. Ok I'm out , wish you all the best in your martial art training.

MAOSHAN:

First of all Porkchop, 1bad65

Too much has already been written and I don’t have time to respond to it all, but here it is:

I stand by what I said to those punks that came at me.

(Of course, at the time everything was going down Nick was scheduled to fight Costa in Japan at a Sengoku event, which he did and won. Now he's eying a Showtime EliteXC belt at Welter. So even if he's not on the first flight to Syracuse to go fight Maoshan, he is doing a lot of real fighting for real money - more than Ben anyway.)

Then why did he challenge me in the first place? What was the point? And let's get this straight, A real fight is when there is no one to save you from death and that decision is soley in the hands of winner.

(Originally Posted by Justin Wade, an 0 and 3 pro-mma heavyweight

What's funny is I sent the guy an Email saying I'd fight him and asked him if he was okay fighting a pathetic mma'er my size ("6'8", 290 lbs.) And I got an email back that simply said, "I don't want to fight you."

and that was it.)

This is a straight lie. I’ve never heard of this person unless he’s one of the numerous no name threats I received in the e-mails concerning this topic. Also this statement says I challenged the whole MMA world. When did I do that? Also when was weight class part of my aurgument? Weight class is for sports and I’m not a sportsman.

(Originally Posted by James Funaro

I sent numerous emails saying a fight could be set up in a true Vale Tudo event soon, where they would be able to use their techniques and skills.

No reply.
    I normally respect that people have varying opinions on martila arts, everyone has different loyalties and teachers and we all are stubborn about our beliefs.

However, I never outright diss on anyone like he does.

To state how awesome kung fu is compared to what he makes out to be what we do as just pathetic chest thumping in a ring, is uncalled for.

Fact that I have never even been given a reply on the matter of the Vale Tudo match should be proof to anyone of these jokers.)

You know, it’s funny how you have all the real names of people that were supposed to have had contact with me, but anyway,

If you really wanted the truth of this situation then you would have posted it all. The fact is I responded to the kung fu put down that the MMAer’s were dishing out because that’s what was being promoted by the Iron Ring, and all I responded with was truth. There is no comparison between sports and life.

Originally Posted by Maoshan

As for your remarks to kung fu, you watch too many movies. Kung Fu is the art of survival. No MMAer would survive an encounter against the basic technique of a properly trained practitioner.

A lot of guys are going to take that as a challenge.
    So acting like "woe is me, everyone's challenging us just coz I was on a TV show" is bullsh!t.
    Anybody poppin off with that and then turning down opportunities to prove it locally and abroad is a joke.

First let me clearify this statement, being that all of this crap has been taken out of context,

The base of martial arts is survival. The base of MMA is trophy and ego. I stand by what I said. Next, What opportunities are you talking about? Nothing real has come my way yet, and the only one to actually come to me was from Thompson which he never meant in the 1st place?. You guys are a joke. I was the one challenged yet I have to come up with 40,000 and come to a designated place and if I don’t I’m full of ****? And even more to the point, I wasn’t supposed to talk back to the MMA crowd when they were dissing kung fu and because I did All this crap erupted?: I’m going to tell you like this.

I learned martial arts for self defense not play. I’m not in the ring because if that’s what I wanted to do I would have done so 20yrs ago. Next, I’m no B***h so your not going to say just anything to me and expect me to KowTow. I’ve got too much pride. I’ve received so many letters about how either nick or one of them is going to fuk me up or worse it’s crazy. I will say this though, It’s more real then it’s ever been. And if I’m approached I’m going to show just how real it is. I don’t jump at shadows. I never have and I’m not about to start..

Mao

Hey BT; tell us all why you ARE NOT licensed, and cannot get licensed, to fight in a sanctioned fight.

and although Frank Dux's story is questionable,
    Thats putting it mildly!

Even his US Army records say he was delusional.

um, no Ray you weren't there. And that is not "the score." The park is where people play, as you said, push hands, and crossing hands, and that's all. It is very friendly and light-hearted. The underground Chinatown fights are not held out in public. They are private smokers, Which is why there are no arrests, or lawsuits.
    And indian reservations ...
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !