Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real "Kung Fu"

Real "Kung Fu"

I witnessed real-life Shaw Brother Kung Fu the other night… Deiego Sanchez … taking someone’s back in the cage but getting thrown. It’s wasn’t a flip… it wasn’t a forward roll. It was athletic combative skill. It was flow. And it was beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    I witnessed real-life Shaw Brother Kung Fu the other night… Deiego Sanchez … taking someone’s back in the cage but getting thrown. It’s wasn’t a flip… it wasn’t a forward roll. It was athletic combative skill. It was flow. And it was beautiful.
    Diego looked good. Looks like the plastic surgery he had to remove scar tissue and prevent cuts was worth it.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

This thread is meaningless without video or photographic evidence !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I saw the Diego Sanchez fight at a bar and I was impressed but I think I missed the moment you refer to.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    you just like him cause hes a fellow pot head. you druggies stick togeather like seamen fingers.
    where's my beer?

I thought it was Nick Diaz who had his head shaved down and scar tissue removed. That guy is the best to watch and funny as all hell!
    A unique snowflake

i saw the fight you are talking about and at first i thought the other guy was doing tomoe nage. but then he rolled out of it nicely. very fluid technique and shows he had his wits about him.

anyone have a clip of this?
    Also, my teacher spoke of a MMA fight that was on the same card a one of the Kimbo fights, one of the guys got eye poked and quit immediately. Anyone know about this? I'd like to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    Also, my teacher spoke of a MMA fight that was on the same card a one of the Kimbo fights, one of the guys got eye poked and quit immediately. Anyone know about this? I'd like to see that.
    Feh! I call BS! Everyone knows that eye pokes don't work against MMA fighters....
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Exactamundo Cerebus!
    Everyone knows that if you try to poke the eye, the other guy will just bite your finger off.

with his eyelid?
    I gotta practice my squinting kung.

I once killed a man with my eyelash.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    i forget who the poker was but the pokee was scott smith. he got an accidental finger in the eye and the ref told him he had up to five minutes to rest and regain sight. the doc then came over to look at it and said "can you see?" and he said "no, but i will be fine in five minute" meaning he was going to take his full rest. so the doc stopped the fight bc he said he couldn't see and he was ****ed off. it was a good fight up til the stoppage.

Scott Smith fought Robbie Lawler
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting