Thread: how do you do things defferently?

Threaded View

how do you do things differently?

Firstly, can i point out that i am merely posing this question for my own, personal interests. I AM NOT TROLLING!

Secondly, please no politics, i just want a good old fashioned discussion

Thirdly, please take it easy on me its my first post!

i wanted to know about the rarer components of your systems, the things that are never (or even not often) seen in the most popular form of WC, Ip Man branch

i was inspired by what i read about the 'plum flower post jong' from LoneTiger & HardWork8, and the questions regarding the kicking form from my own, Lee Shing, lineage

what other treasures are unique to your wing chun system, or what things do you do in your lineage that you rarely see elsewhere - winghunpedia.org (a fantastic site by the way ) lists some rare components but they are in red and you cannot yet read about them.

for example, with the plum flower post jong, at what point in the system do you start to learn it? how is it used? what is it used for? what do you hope to acheive when you learn it? (i think i know the answers to this one - but i was using that as an example)

a few i can think of off the top of my head are the 3.5 point pole, the ratten rings, the hong jong, the tripodial dummy, bamboo dummy etc etc

im sure there are many, many more. i'm interested about EVERY wc lineage and would like to hear about the authentic wing chun tools, as i know many branches have incorporated outside influences

regards

David
    Last edited by LSWCTN1; 06-27-2008 at 11:07 AM. Reason: spelt wrong!