Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: wc forms

Quote Originally Posted by Katsu Jin Ken View Post
    anyone know of any books/vids that explain each movement in the forms and the different applications for each? Im realitivaly new to the art. 2 years experience i know all the empty hand forms but dont yet completely understand just looking for someone different views other than mine or my sifu's

any help at all would be apprieciated,
    I put stuff up on www.youtube.com just search tjwingchun SLT is there in detail and when my life settles down all the forms of Wing Chun will be.

I simply try to explain the forms as personal body mechanics, no Chinese hype or mysticism, my view is that the forms, especially the first 2 are not application related but simply methods to know the various ways energy can be created in the body and the different directions they can be utilised.
    Take care out there and keep

me
    www.tjwingchun.co.uk
    sifu
    www.kwokwingchun.com
    sigung
    www.ipchun.org
    my family
    www.ipfamilywingchun.com

questions are how we grow, answers how we develop

thanks for all the advice guys FYI im in southwest missouri, around the nixa area
    "Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight."-Psalms 144:1

"I Am The Punishment Of God, If You Had Not Committed Great Sins, God Would Not Have Sent A Punishment Like Me Upon You"-Genghis Khan

"The light of the eyes is a comet, And ones' activity is as lightning, The sword that kills the man; is the sword that saves the man"

Differences in chi sao

IMO- Ip Chun's chi sao is likely to be different from many others. Generalizations about everyone's chi sao are problematic.

joy chaudhuri

I bought a heap of vids and books over the years. I have found that books tend to get me interested or give me different views which I can ask my teacher about or trial it in training. As long as you aren't just doing it on your own and your teacher knows and can explain stuff it shouldn't matter.On the benny mengs vids, I bought nearly all his books (quite good) and his SLT video. The vid was described as SLT as taught by 5-6 grand masters ( I bought it about 6yrs ago so it may be more or less). When I got it the quality and presentation was good but it was one person doing the form and benny meng saying, Chu shun tin says this, WSL says this. I was thinking it would be the different forms with an explanation and why they do different things. It was more his form with little snipits of what other people say. So was not very happy. Probably the best one I had seen at the time but was given too much hype and didnt deliver.